What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The thing I like when playing solo is playing the bears in franchise mode and winning almost every game and progressing the team until all the real bears players develop into studs. The fantasy of turning the Bears into a powerhouse is the fun part for me. I don't even use my draft picks. I trade them for players I am attached to like Greg Olsen or Robbie Gould and shit.

Basically, its how I console myself after watching the real life shit bears.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, I have been trying to look at madden videos for critiques and info and tips and shit, and holy fuck. What a (generally) shit community. The videos are all pure hype - like straight up reading EA talking points off a piece of paper. Its like the CoD community except seems totally disconnected from the rest of gaming.

Its like the madden community has been eating shit for so long, they like the taste now.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, btw, I bought that shit and started preseason with the bears. So count me in as another stockholm syndrome sucker.

Not going to lie, I edited the roster. All I did tho, was increase AWR on the rooks and first year guys to 72. I bumped all Trubs throw accuracies to 80. I figure that won't break the game, but will make it so those guys actually have a chance to progress and not just be shit forever.

I played a game on all-pro and passing game is pretty easy. The adjustments are still a lot like old madden 08. Except you have to wait like 3 seconds between each change which is total bullshit. I used to be about to hotroute all my skill players in like 2 sec.

Only thing is the bears O playbook kind of sucks imo. There are barely any 3 and 4 WR sets. Guess I have to go shopping for a new one, which is annoying.

AussieBear

Oh, btw, I bought that shit and started preseason with the bears. So count me in as another stockholm syndrome sucker.

Not going to lie, I edited the roster. All I did tho, was increase AWR on the rooks and first year guys to 72. I bumped all Trubs throw accuracies to 80. I figure that won't break the game, but will make it so those guys actually have a chance to progress and not just be shit forever.

I played a game on all-pro and passing game is pretty easy. The adjustments are still a lot like old madden 08. Except you have to wait like 3 seconds between each change which is total bullshit. I used to be about to hotroute all my skill players in like 2 sec.

Only thing is the bears O playbook kind of sucks imo. There are barely any 3 and 4 WR sets. Guess I have to go shopping for a new one, which is annoying.

i thought the bears pb was arse myself. just make your own play book. i modified my from the browns, cause i got use to using it on h2h. what i found odd is a lot of my shotgun plays i added ended up showing in the hailmary formations. idk y.. madden ....

yeah hot route calling is slower too. each qb seems different. some are quicker.

you didn't have to edit mitch. just develop.. oh yeah youre playing with him nvm.

passing on all madden is much the same... just switch to dat. especially if your going to h2h. all madden is the default lvl for that.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I was gon learn on all pro then switch, but I guess I will just do it now.

I would make a custom playbook, but aren't they banned from online play?

AussieBear

Yeah, I was gon learn on all pro then switch, but I guess I will just do it now.

I would make a custom playbook, but aren't they banned from online play?

not in h2h.. mut would be different cause playbooks cost coins on the block and are found in packs n shit.

AussieBear

finally played some h2h after avoiding it fer days n dropping out of the top 100.. i was out of me clown mode n thought id try to play legit n not troll..

i be wanted to try an OP squad like all duh kids ..wanted to see home much extra juice i got from using an OP in this version.

i went 3-1 with jags, with two shutouts...so yeah op in effect.. one was a rage quit at the half n me up 20-0 though...... that lost wouldve went into ot, n who knows.. good d game.. but i went fer two n the win with 4 secs left and couldn't challenged some bs out of bounds call.. went 4-2 on duh day with da browns going 1-1.. 4 wins bumped me back up to #64 i think.. thats sad in a sense.. i shouldnt move that fast.... i guess most ppl on pc be playing mut or something else..

i still need to figure out a scheme n mo betta plays but i think imma just run me franchise til the end of me month n cancel me subscription.. work be coming soon, got me second orientation/induction friday n working out again be coming real quick too..

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've went back to Fallout 4. I'm sitting Madden out this year first time since 2000, I haven't bought Madden. I'm not falling for their tricks this year.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've went back to Fallout 4. I'm sitting Madden out this year first time since 2000, I haven't bought Madden. I'm not falling for their tricks this year.

They tricked Bigfoot one too many times!

And by one, I mean 18.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I played They Are Billions way too much.... and I needed a break from it.

So I went back to HOI4 for the weekend.

They must have updated some things because suddenly the campaign with Historical AI focus works way better.

In previous games the Japanese in particular would declare war, often way early, and then they would never really attempt to invade any islands in the Pacific.

Also their Navy would suck ass and I usually just let them and my 2nd Fleet duke it out until both were nearly spent and after that their Navy was done for the entire remainder of the war.... now I find if I attempt that same thing I usually lose ships like 2:1

And now they are launching naval invasions of fucking everything.... way more challenging.

AussieBear

as much as ive enjoyed going back to madden after a few years off.. meh.. i keep going back to fortnite. im still below avg but i notice me is still getting better.. id get better quicker if i played it mo n long... but eh.

AussieBear

fortnite brought back sniper shootout. n dropped the 50 cal sniper rifle.. guud stuff....... first time i got to play dis mode... already took 1st in less than 10 games.. makes dis below avg playa feel avg enough... no cheesy smgs n shotties to the face.. this mode is actually making me better.. forcing me to build instead of running and gunning n half assed building..

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So I haven't played madden since 2008, when I played all the time, was in three extremely competitive leagues. I played that game for about 3 years before the scene started falling apart (on PC).

This madden is my first one since then. And there is nothing in this game that is any major improvement over 08. Not even exaggerating. There are tweaks that are interesting, but no major leaps forward. Rather, there are more features that have been stripped away then have been added. Overall, imo 08 is a better game, which is pretty fuckin sad.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So I haven't played madden since 2008, when I played all the time, was in three extremely competitive leagues. I played that game for about 3 years before the scene started falling apart (on PC).

This madden is my first one since then. And there is nothing in this game that is any major improvement over 08. Not even exaggerating. There are tweaks that are interesting, but no major leaps forward. Rather, there are more features that have been stripped away then have been added. Overall, imo 08 is a better game, which is pretty fuckin sad.

They sell a graphics update, roster update, and smoke/mirrors about supposed NEW FEATURES for 60$ a year.

And sadly, the one thing they could try to do really well, the roster update, they half ass it every year and just about every team is missing players from their roster.

The last time I bought the game they were missing like 4 of the Bears rookies.... I mean cmon they are fucking drafted in April and the game is usually released in August.... how can you not make sure you have all the rookies on the roster?

Not worth buying.

AussieBear

i enjoy madden 19 more that 08... its still just madden though.. is it a better game than 08??? im mean, i guess they is both 6.8/10.... each games be has its pros n cons i be guess..

I is back on the fortnite, but the last couple of h2h i played... i started to get better at running... if they could fix some of those suction cup animation tackles around da line.... id enjoy the new running system mo..

but i think im done with madden 19... franchise produced a sb... h2h is meh... i prefer playing duh fortnite... skill wins out the majority of time and u gotta earn everything on avg.......i enjoy that.. i be trying to get those skills.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
been playing pillars 2 a bit. writing is still clunky and long winded, combat can still be a cluster fuck, and worst of all the games just boring. most of the characters are forgettable as are the quests. its simply a rather bland, generic fantasy rpg.

ill admit, the sailing aspect while giving a sense of adventure is kinda of cool, but its doesnt make up for the fact that there doesnt seem to be much worth discovering. ill probably give it a few more hours and then move on if things dont pick up.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Monster Hunter World on PC. It's an almost good port, being able to Mouse+Keyboard with a bow is great. Too bad Mouse input is really just a virtualized console controller, but with enough tweaking it almost feels normal.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Finally playing the Last of Us. Just finished the Henry and Sam sequence. Man, this game has some pretty fucked up spots. Other than a couple spots that I found overly frustrating, I'm all in on this game. It looks way better than I thought it would. I like that the AI isn't completely stupid and does kind of help in fights too. Really enjoying the game. Shame I waited so long to play.

AussieBear

think i nearing another gaming hiatus.. been done wiff madden and me fortnite sessions are be lessening and there's nothing else i want to play. i is still getting better at fortnite though.. i dont have those huge 15-20 kill games.. but ill hit 8-10 every once n a while.. n getting 5-6 is pretty normal.. im finally nearing being avg.. another couple hundred hours n ill be avg fo show..

crazy this game be free.. never played a free game this long... i know im a couple/few hundred hours in at least..