What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
the damn fortnite gotz me and wont let go.. 3 days of power playing.. zero fucking wins... hahah.. shit be hard... finish #2 a lot in solo playing as a sneaky opportunist... but i get out builted fairly easy in a 1v1.. old man fingers.. arfwritetus or sum shit.. still need to practice building mo and swap my keybindings again...20 button mouse would come in handy fo show....

wish theyd get that playground up and going again so i dont have to play a solo match and go across to the furthest spot from da bus to practice building for a few minutes before letting da force field killz me.. wish they had a few different BR maps... id pay for that..

well i be won 50v50 a couple times but that dont count.. squads be shit most of the time..rambos who wanna go off or lil kids just trolling n being kids..... but ive spectated some teams at the end of matches that had their shit squared away.. a sight of beauty.. 4 peeps who can play and build like they on da coka..

It sort of sucks for you that you started this late in the game. I've been playing since it first came out...so I got in good practice with the guns before everyone got into building. It's harder to get into now because there are a lot of people that are good at building. The game is even more addictive once you get good at it. It also, in a way, becomes more frustrating.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
it is.. squads are hit and miss.. some days all i get are lil kids for teammates.... so i play solo more...

I'm assuming you play PC. I can't speak for PC, but I know on console that if you play squads and pick other random people up, they're typically terrible. I honestly can only remember a handful of times where I/me and my friends got a teammate that was worth a shit. Typically, I play with one or two guys and we just do no fill on our squad because it seems that the people you get in your squad do more harm than good.

AussieBear

It sort of sucks for you that you started this late in the game. I've been playing since it first came out...so I got in good practice with the guns before everyone got into building. It's harder to get into now because there are a lot of people that are good at building. The game is even more addictive once you get good at it. It also, in a way, becomes more frustrating.

gunplay was fairly natural to pick up fer me.. its just the reaction to building.. im slowly coming around to building and attacking.. but part of me still wants to go all pure shooter from time to time.. guess id probably like pubg more... but i do like the challenge of building.. its different.. i just wish there were several maps.. once madden drops idk how much ill keep playing but ive put in some time already.. im up to participation lvl 40.. so ive put in some games..i wish levels meant more than just playing...

yeah i play on pc... i get some good teams.. but its usually only later at night when most of the kids are in bed... the rest of the time is blah and be headphone deafening with non pube bois screaming dumb shit and blaring background waste....

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Looks pretty cool.

Sounds like WW2 Online... especially the whole "hard learning curve".

I always found that a bit at odds with the foundation of the game being that you need tons of people playing the game to fill it up and make it feel real.

Maybe they solved that problem or filled in the gap in some way in this one.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like WW2 Online... especially the whole "hard learning curve".

I always found that a bit at odds with the foundation of the game being that you need tons of people playing the game to fill it up and make it feel real.

Maybe they solved that problem or filled in the gap in some way in this one.

it isn't WW2 online.

Post Scriptum is more like Battlefield 1942. It does require a command structure in the game and squad level teamwork.

It isn't a brainless COD run and gun.

Each squad has certain classes that each person can play and there are different squads from infantry, armor and logistics.

It is either British or American vs German. Each country has its own play style and weapons available.....While the US has semi-automatic rifles, good teamwork and well placed troops by the commander will win the game.

Rounds last about 45 to 1 hour. One side is defending and one is attacking; and it alternates round to round.

A German squad for example consists of a Feldwebel (sergeant), a couple medics and three to four special classes like panzerschreck, MG 34 or 42, sapper, or marksman. The rest are filled in with KAR98s.

Each infantry squad is 9 people. Each team is about 40 people.

If you have a PC capable of it, and you like WW2 multiplayer games; I highly recommend it.

I will probably play a little later today and post a video of it....

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
it isn't WW2 online.

Post Scriptum is more like Battlefield 1942. It does require a command structure in the game and squad level teamwork.

It isn't a brainless COD run and gun.

Each squad has certain classes that each person can play and there are different squads from infantry, armor and logistics.

It is either British or American vs German. Each country has its own play style and weapons available.....While the US has semi-automatic rifles, good teamwork and well placed troops by the commander will win the game.

Rounds last about 45 to 1 hour. One side is defending and one is attacking; and it alternates round to round.

A German squad for example consists of a Feldwebel (sergeant), a couple medics and three to four special classes like panzerschreck, MG 34 or 42, sapper, or marksman. The rest are filled in with KAR98s.

Each infantry squad is 9 people. Each team is about 40 people.

If you have a PC capable of it, and you like WW2 multiplayer games; I highly recommend it.

I will probably play a little later today and post a video of it....

Sounds cool.

Is it localized like where you fight is just a self-contained instance?

WW2 online was this huge persistent world map where anything on the map (like IRL) could be fought in/over.

They also had classes and leveling up and whatnot but you often just went and did point defense "missions" where you hung around a spot someone up the chain had marked for point defense where the enemy would never show up.

The map was so big and travel was either on foot or vehicle if you could get a ride because you needed someone operating a vehicle who had the skill level to do so.

This model could work if you filled in the gap with NPCs.... where higher level players/commanders can command NPC units and any unit lacking human players is filled in with NPCs.... so you could have battles and people doing missions, but wouldn't need thousands of players online to do it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds cool.

WW2 online was this huge persistent world map where anything on the map (like IRL) could be fought in/over.

They also had classes and leveling up and whatnot but you often just went and did point defense "missions" where you hung around a spot someone up the chain had marked for point defense where the enemy would never show up.

The map was so big and travel was either on foot or vehicle if you could get a ride because you needed someone operating a vehicle who had the skill level to do so.

This model could work if you filled in the gap with NPCs.... where higher level players/commanders can command NPC units and any unit lacking human players is filled in with NPCs.... so you could have battles and people doing missions, but wouldn't need thousands of players online to do it.

each round is self contained...everyone starts on a level playing surface...

Maps are huge....I highly recommend catching a ride....no NPCs...all real people.....many servers are filled all the time

here is gameplay from someone in a Panther tank.

[video=youtube;dnku-8-FBcE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnku-8-FBcE[/video]

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
each round is self contained...everyone starts on a level playing surface...

Maps are huge....I highly recommend catching a ride....no NPCs...all real people.....many servers are filled all the time

here is gameplay from someone in a Panther tank.

[video=youtube;dnku-8-FBcE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnku-8-FBcE[/video]

Sounds and looks far better than WW2 Online.

I once spent 2 hours playing WW2 Online.... I randomly found an airfield with a paratrooper plane so I jumped in.

I sat in that plane for like 20 minutes.

When we jumped I got to the ground and was alone.

I ran towards a town where I heard shooting and it took me 15 minutes to get there.

As I approached the outskirts of town I was shot by a player I never saw.

At the time I was enraged... now I just find the entire experience/game lolz af.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just got Nier Automata for Xbox. Still downloading but will be playing that this weekend.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds cool.

Not sure why its hard to imagine that teams would be full. Do the maps really hold thousands of people?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whoa, that looks cool. Been a while since a straight ahead shooter looked that interesting to me. Terrible name tho

It is named Post Scriptum because it comes from this game....sort of like a PS to Squad

[video=youtube;sNLz-Cey3kA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNLz-Cey3kA[/video]

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
here is some gameplay from squad

[video=youtube;b0_14Ft4B7o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0_14Ft4B7o&t=1s[/video]

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not sure why its hard to imagine that teams would be full. Do the maps really hold thousands of people?

I mean in WW2 Online the whole idea was the world/map would be like the size of half of Europe.

Most of the world/map was empty.

When you have a game where you are trying to simulate a war that involved millions of individuals.... it isn't hard to see you will struggle to have it seem full/complete if you rely entirely on human players.

If you want to have a game as big as WW2 you need to use some methods to fill in the gap.

Whether you limit the size of the map.... limit the scope of the battle.... use AI NPCs to fill it up.... you gotta do something for it to feel complete.

Sounds like this postscruptum game doesn't have the issues I saw in WW2 Online.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean in WW2 Online the whole idea was the world/map would be like the size of half of Europe.

Most of the world/map was empty.

When you have a game where you are trying to simulate a war that involved millions of individuals.... it isn't hard to see you will struggle to have it seem full/complete if you rely entirely on human players.

If you want to have a game as big as WW2 you need to use some methods to fill in the gap.

Whether you limit the size of the map.... limit the scope of the battle.... use AI NPCs to fill it up.... you gotta do something for it to feel complete.

Sounds like this postscruptum game doesn't have the issues I saw in WW2 Online.

they are different games entirely....WW2 Online was a little ambitious and really kind of crappy.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
they are different games entirely....WW2 Online was a little ambitious and really kind of crappy.

It was way ambitious and yeah pretty crappy.

I think any game that tries to go to that kind of scale relying on simply having enough human players is a bad idea.

You can make a game feel big and immersive without it having a billion real people playing.

AussieBear

origin access premier drops dis summer. its 19.99 AUD (14.99 USD i think) a month and dat will give u access to the entire origin library with unlimited play time. Its kind of like origin access.. which was be like 4.99 usd a month iirc but that usually limited the games you could access to older titles and definitely none of the new ones at release.

i mean i paid 80-100 Aud for BF1 and played it hard for a month, maybe two. Instead of paying 80-100 Aud for madden, 19 sounds like a bargain, considering ill only play it a couple of months. unless they suck me into mut for the year and owning it outright would be better

madden and bfv drop in aug and oct.. fifa 19 drops in sep if thats yo thang..