What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Ahh so it's like the Playthrough+ modes where things reset but they don't and it changes the way you can do things.. nice.

That's what I'm thinking, but I read somewhere it was like that but not quite. As in, it's not the same enemies in the same spots and whatnot. I can't really speak to it yet because I haven't played it, but I'll probably will again at some point. Thought it was a really cool game, and I really liked the music.

EDIT: Found this on the PS Blog, not exactly what I read but straight from the horses mouth:

Recursion mode is unlocked after you finish Transistor’s story. You’ll then have the option to recurse through the experience, retaining your progression data — notably, your User Level and all the Transistor functions you’ve unlocked. This immediately opens up a lot of new gameplay as you’ll be discovering new function combinations all the way through your initial play-through of the game. You’ll also find some new surprises (that word again) in the content itself the second time around. Most notably, the composition of enemy forces you’ll encounter will be different — and it’ll be different just about every time you play. This means you can really sink your teeth into the core gameplay if, as we hope, you’ve taken a liking to it by the end of the game.

The Process, the enemy forces you’ll be dealing with in Transistor, operate as a faction. The different varieties you’ll encounter have complementary roles. As we experimented with fighting against them in different combinations, and in different locations throughout the game, we found a ton of interesting variety. We hope you’ll enjoy it as we have. If you’re familiar with Bastion’s New Game Plus mode, we think Transistor’s Recursion mode pushes some of those ideas even further.

So far every New Game Plus mode I've played has been the same just harder. Apparently, Transistor switches it up some, so I'm definitely interested in another playthrough.

AussieBear

Yeah I am still on Vista which is why I haven't bought any new PC games recently. Trying to decide now whether I get a new PC or a PS4 to go with my Xbox 1 as I really don't need a new PC for anything else other than games but the only games I really play on PC are ones like Total War and Civilization. PS4 has a couple of exclusives that seem interesting.

id get a new gaming rig if i were you. there are tons of games out there new and old - i cant wait to see all the pc mods for gta v for one.. i still havent upgraded to an xbox1 or ps4, i probably wont until there is a huge library of games to filter though. ill probably upgrade to a new gaming rig myself before i even think about a ps4/xb1. thats because I use it for other things too.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Playing Tomb Raider right now, really like this game so far. I have to say, it's fucking gorgeous. Looks damn good on the PS4 and my new TV.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
id get a new gaming rig if i were you. there are tons of games out there new and old - i cant wait to see all the pc mods for gta v for one.. i still havent upgraded to an xbox1 or ps4, i probably wont until there is a huge library of games to filter though. ill probably upgrade to a new gaming rig myself before i even think about a ps4/xb1. thats because I use it for other things too.

I honestly only play like 1 or 2 games at a time as I work like 12-14 hours a day. Right now it's Destiny and Dragon Age.

So really it will boil down to how good the PS4 exclusives are relative to games like total war.

Leaning towards the PS4 because it's easier for me to play console games while working from home than working on my work laptop and playing PC game either on the work laptop or my home computer.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Playing Tomb Raider right now, really like this game so far. I have to say, it's fucking gorgeous. Looks damn good on the PS4 and my new TV.

Played TR on the 360 and it was a great game and looked good then so can only imagine how it looks on a next Gen console.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Played TR on the 360 and it was a great game and looked good then so can only imagine how it looks on a next Gen console.

I'm still astonished at the difference the upgrade from 720p to 1080p makes. The timing was perfect too, because a friends TV broke the same day I got mine, so I gave him the old one for a bottle of grey goose.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Been trying the Red Swayze challenge. Gave up after dying in area 4. Not bad, but still a ways to go.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
i00TP 2014 Baseball. It's free on Apple and a really solid full immersion baseball sim

BigTom

Liked Posts:
I spend way too much time playing Final Fantasy XIV. I havent read through this forum much to know if there are any others who play mmos but its my first one Ive played alot and its a little addicting.

also im currently playing through the games I got in the star wars humble bundle for $12 a few weeks ago. Force unleashed 1 and 2 and I may get around to kotor 1 and 2. kotor 1 is the only one of those Ive ever played before.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Anyone else playing or played Shadow of Mordor? I'm one third of the way through and really enjoying it, especially the Nemesis system.

Sent from under the tree of Yggdrasil.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Anyone else playing or played Shadow of Mordor? I'm one third of the way through and really enjoying it, especially the Nemesis system.

Sent from under the tree of Yggdrasil.

Its one of 3 games I originally bought for Xbox One.... I have yet to play it though.

I wanted to beat AC Unity first, that is done now so I will start Shadow of Mordor soon.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I was 70% through Tomb Raider and the game crashed and appears to have corrupted my file. I don't even feel like playing it again. I did most of that today too. Think I'll move on to Watch Dogs and come back to Tomb Riader later. I'm a little pissed off.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Me too. A friend of mine said it was a good game with a shitload to do.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have yet to tear myself away from Atilla Total War.... this might be the most I've been engrossed by a Total War game since the original Shogun when I was but a wee lad.