Ranking NFL Coaching Hires: Chiefs, Eagles, Cardinals, Chargers, Bears

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ranking NFL Coaching Hires: Chiefs, Eagles, Cardinals, Chargers, Bears and More

6. Chicago – Marc Trestman is arguably the second most qualified coach on this list (behind Reid), but he drops down significantly because he hasn’t coached in the NFL in almost a decade, and a lot has changed since he’s been away. Trestman has spent the last five years as a head coach in the CFL, so being a head coach won’t be an issue, but readjusting to the NFL could be. That being said, Trestman has a long history of working with quarterbacks, and with the Bears having a talented, yet underachieving, quarterback in place in Jay Cutler, Trestman could end up being a good pick to help both Cutler and the Bears get to the next level.

No doubt Trestman garners respect but his lack of NFL experience and long absence from the ever evolving world of the NFL are cause for concern.

AuCN

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
its true that it could be a boom or bust selection. But I think it is great that he was brought in as a consultant by Sean Payton. I think that speaks a lot. I have some hesitation, but I am pretty optimistic.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
Cause for concern where? Nothing against you for posting this Sparty; I personally am reserving judgement for when I can actually see the team play.

Whoever wrote the list; OTOH, is just fishing for trolls.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Imo I think we got the best hire. Reid hasn't done shit in years,kelly is an unknown, Arians is pretty good but there is no QB over there to follow his scheme, McCoy was under Manning butdid a good job with Tebow and the Bills and Jags i could care less

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do not see any justification why Doug Marrone is above Trestman which leads me to believe whoever wrote this is football Special person. The guy has significantly less NFL exp than Trestman and has been in college for the last 4 years. No success leading a team to a championship in any league at any level ever. Probably why i never heard of opposingviews.com until now

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
Glad you changed your avatar Sparty, Useless rankings.

OmiyalePants

More pink bars means
Liked Posts:
1. Kansas City – The Chiefs wasted no time in going out and getting the biggest fish in the pond, Andy Reid.

LOLOLOLOLOL

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cause for concern where? Nothing against you for posting this Sparty; I personally am reserving judgement for when I can actually see the team play.

Whoever wrote the list; OTOH, is just fishing for trolls.
I'm on board with the hiring of Trestman and hope for the best but how can you not see the cause for concern? He's coming from the CFL, an 8 team bush league, to the NFL after an absence from the NFL of 8 years. Maybe he can make that transition seamlessly or maybe it takes some time and how patient are Bears' fans going to be?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I like Trestman's track record with offenses and QBs. I like that when he didn't get a shot in the NFL, he took it to a different level to become a head coach and won 2 championships. He's gonna have the hunger and the passion in Chicago! :O

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Reid ranked #1?!!! 'nough said

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
I do not see any justification why Doug Marrone is above Trestman which leads me to believe whoever wrote this is football Special person. The guy has significantly less NFL exp than Trestman and has been in college for the last 4 years. No success leading a team to a championship in any league at any level ever. Probably why i never heard of opposingviews.com until now

Not only that but how do drop Trestman because of his lack of NFL experience in the last 9 years yet say Chip Kelly is a great hire after having zero fucking NFL experience?

That list is just stupid.

Superfan99

Liked Posts:
Yeaaaaah, Reid is NOT the #1 hire there.

I am really not that worried about Trestman. He has been winning in the CFL with NFL style offenses and reviews tape of the top 5 NFL teams every CFL off-season. He is still relied upon as a QB consultant before every draft.

Akuma2000

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trestman has proven to have success and is a competitor in the NFL and CFL, just because he hasn't been in the NFL the last 5 years doesn't mean jack.

I'll take him over Ried anyday.....

Chad_Thomas89

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I'm on board with the hiring of Trestman and hope for the best but how can you not see the cause for concern? He's coming from the CFL, an 8 team bush league, to the NFL after an absence from the NFL of 8 years. Maybe he can make that transition seamlessly or maybe it takes some time and how patient are Bears' fans going to be?
He transitioned to the CFL from the NFL with out a problem so I'm sure he can do it again.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man I knew we should have got Marone