Ranking NFL Coaching Hires: Chiefs, Eagles, Cardinals, Chargers, Bears

Speed

Liked Posts:
I don't agree with Reid being #1. I think Lovie should have been hired because he can put a defense together. The game otoh may be passing by Reid. People in the NFL know how the deal with his teams, whereas at least Lovie could put a defense together(And D will take you FAR in this league).

Its not exactly like the NFC East has been that strong either.

Liked Posts:
I'm as cautiously optimistic about Trestman as the next guy, but Kelly and Marrone are better hires than Trestman based on NFL experience? Ooookaaayyy...IMO, for this specific team, and it's specific offensive needs, like a coach good with Quarterbacks, receiving HBs, Zone blocking, and a WCO that allows the QB to distribute the ball quicker; Trestman was the best hire for this team out of all of the coaches listed.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol... they have Reid as the best hire...roflmao

paytonisgod

Liked Posts:
Not only that but how do drop Trestman because of his lack of NFL experience in the last 9 years yet say Chip Kelly is a great hire after having zero fucking NFL experience?

That list is just stupid.

This was exactly my thought as well. Anyone remember Spurrier's "Fun n' Gun" offense? For every Jim Harbaugh there are a dozen Sabans, Petrinos, and Spurriers. Philly better hope they got one of the few good ones.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
This was exactly my thought as well. Anyone remember Spurrier's "Fun n' Gun" offense? For every Jim Harbaugh there are a dozen Sabans, Petrinos, and Spurriers. Philly better hope they got one of the few good ones.

Harbaugh at least had NFL experience.. and no not just as a player. Petrio and Saban aren't the big failures ones, they gave up on their teams and bailed.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
5 NFC Championship games, 1 Super Bowl appearance and 9 out of 14 seasons in the playoffs. Which candidate had a better resume than that?

lolol... uh. Yeah. Cause once a coach is good for a given span of time, he is always good.

Reid needs a break from football.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
What is Reid's record since Jim Johnson passed?

I know they didn't win a playoff game in 2 postseason appearances, then missed them entirely the last two years.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reid-tarded never should have taken Vick; and, if it wasn't his idea to take Vick then Reid never should have been fired.

I agree with a previous poster that Trestman is the best choice for our current circumstances. I think he can win it all at the next level; especially with an extra down to play with.

cobbland

Liked Posts:
What is Reid's record since Jim Johnson passed?

I know they didn't win a playoff game in 2 postseason appearances, then missed them entirely the last two years.

2009: 11-5
2010: 10-6
2011: 8-8
2012: 4-12

33-31 in the regular season

0-2 in the playoffs

Their defense falling off was a combination of Dawkins and Trotter leaving, and Johnson's passing.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
2009: 11-5
2010: 10-6
2011: 8-8
2012: 4-12

33-31 in the regular season

0-2 in the playoffs

Their defense falling off was a combination of Dawkins and Trotter leaving, and Johnson's passing.
I'd blame Vick for their downfall more than any other 1 thing. He's a loser, baby, why don't you kill him?

cobbland

Liked Posts:
I'd blame Vick for their downfall more than any other 1 thing. He's a loser, baby, why don't you kill him?

Vick's a great guy.

Jaws thinks highly of him.

[video=youtube;ZKTnNcNxchM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKTnNcNxchM[/video]

dabearsfan1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm on board with the hiring of Trestman and hope for the best but how can you not see the cause for concern? He's coming from the CFL, an 8 team bush league, to the NFL after an absence from the NFL of 8 years. Maybe he can make that transition seamlessly or maybe it takes some time and how patient are Bears' fans going to be?

I am concerned but yet cautiously optimistic. I guarantee when we lose our first game this place will explode with posters hating Emery and Trestman. Most of those will become lifelong haters and nothing will ever change their minds.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1. Kansas City – The Chiefs wasted no time in going out and getting the biggest fish in the pond, Andy Reid.

LOLOLOLOLOL
More like a beached whale. Definitely the best value at price per LB.

Trestman hasn't coached in the NFL for 8 years. Big deal, he hasn't been dormant and has stayed in touch. Just because we don't pay attention to CFL games doesn't mean that a student of the game like Trestman isn't watching the NFL.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Funny, the guy lists Trestman at number 6 sites his time away from the NFL but he lists Chip Kelly at number 2 and he has NO nfl coaching experience of any kind.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

lmao

Whatever. That team has been in shambles for 3 seasons. Total disaster in that lockerroom and there is lot more to it than Vick.

JaySix

Liked Posts:
Well at least we don't have to worry that a HC job is too big for Trestman as he has done that for 5 years (and going to a different league to be HC was advice he got from Bill Walsh I read somewhere).

You hire a college HC ok, but without NFL experience?

You hire a coordinator that has never been HC and you don't know what you get... (Lovie, great DC but lost as a HC)

You hire a NFL HC and you have to wonder why would we want the guy that another team doesn't?

I like the Trestman hire and I like his philosophy of building and drafting for a system long term rather than using the kneejerk reaction strategy to fill holes when they occur (we'll see what that means I guess come draft time)

Lotzzo

Liked Posts:
Andy Reid has multiple years of demonstrated failure. Not sure why he'd be #1 on anything but a shitlist. I can't recall a team with more talent that underachieved so badly than the Philadelphia Eagles over the past two seasons.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
Spartan said:
I'm on board with the hiring of Trestman and hope for the best but how can you not see the cause for concern? He's coming from the CFL, an 8 team bush league, to the NFL after an absence from the NFL of 8 years. Maybe he can make that transition seamlessly or maybe it takes some time and how patient are Bears' fans going to be?
I am concerned but yet cautiously optimistic. I guarantee when we lose our first game this place will explode with posters hating Emery and Trestman. Most of those will become lifelong haters and nothing will ever change their minds.
this. Plus since the emphasis is now the QB/offense, it's going to make Bear football much more interesting.