Carlos Boozer to Toronto?

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:

Maybe they want to give themselves a team friendlier deal, while giving the man they gave a new contract to more playing time, thinking he will be a better fit full time than Boozer.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
bargs is not value lol

i'd rather just amnesty boozer then trade him for bargs and have to see his face on this team for 3 more years

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Jesus Christ people! Where in the world did I 1) say this is a good trade; or 2) that I would do it? Please tell me where I wrote that. There's positives & negatives to the deal that's all I'm saying. I'm pretty much on the fence on this one. It can help us in some areas & hurt us in others.

With a gun to my head, I would probably say no, because of how well Noah & Booz play off each other, but I would not be upset if a deal did happen as I don't feel it's an awful trade idea.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Jesus Christ people! Where in the world did I 1) say this is a good trade; or 2) that I would do it? Please tell me where I wrote that. There's positives & negatives to the deal that's all I'm saying. I'm pretty much on the fence on this one. It can help us in some areas & hurt us in others.

With a gun to my head, I would probably say no, because of how well Noah & Booz play off each other, but I would not be upset if a deal did happen as I don't feel it's an awful trade idea.
Tell me where I said you would do the deal. I was just responding to what you put forward.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
Not a strong rebounder or defender, and you'd be willing to give up Boozer who is already a poor defender and not that great of a rebounder?

As far as the stretch 4, isn't that the point of Mirotic hopefully coming over next year? The point of the amnesty is that you WILL get back value. Value in the open cap space.

Bolded is straight up wrong. Boozer leads the East in double doubles. He has ALWAYS been an excellent rebounder. It's the one area of his game that no one can knock him on. Mirotic is years away from coming to the Bulls & Bargnani's contract will likely be up by the time he comes over.

As for amnesty, yes you get cap space but YOU'RE STILL PAYING HIS SALARY! Trading for actual talent while not paying your previous talent to play for another team is ALWAYS the smarter move.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I rescind my comments about his rebounding.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I'm for this trade if we get a nice young piece coming back, like Ross.

I don't think we'll miss Boozers scoring much because Taj has been ready to start for a few years imo.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I don't think this is a bad trade at all. Bargnani would look pretty good in our system, is younger, and has the better contract. The concern isn't so much about his play, but his health. Boozer isn't getting amnestied, so if you're holding your breath, don't choke on your spit. Now if we didn't have Taj locked up, then it would be a bad trade, but Taj makes this trade attractive.

Megatroll81 complaining about Bargs LOL. You're favorite player is a no-defense shot-chucker, and now we get a shot at a no-defense player with a wider arsenal of shots, and you're complaining. :roll:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trading for Barg is nice in theory, but I don't think it'll get us anywhere. It could work out...it might not. The thing is, the one thing that he's supposed to be good at (3pt shooting) he's not even that good at. He shoots like 32% for his career or something.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
I don't think this is a bad trade at all. Bargnani would look pretty good in our system, is younger, and has the better contract. The concern isn't so much about his play, but his health. Boozer isn't getting amnestied, so if you're holding your breath, don't choke on your spit. Now if we didn't have Taj locked up, then it would be a bad trade, but Taj makes this trade attractive.

Megatroll81 complaining about Bargs LOL. You're favorite player is a no-defense shot-chucker, and now we get a shot at a no-defense player with a wider arsenal of shots, and you're complaining. :roll:

Exactly. This whole amnesty Boozer stuff is fantasy. If there's a way to trade him, it will be done. Everyone cries about JR being cheap, do they honestly think he would be fine with just eating millions of $$ to have a player play for another team?

My biggest concern with this trade would be losing the Boozer/Noah dynamic inside which has been a revelation this season & has helped the team win countless games.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
I got excited when I saw the rumor in Twitter of Boozer getting traded until I saw Bargnani's name.

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
players as tall as bargs should not base their offense on shooting 3s. give me boozer over bargs 8 days a week.

booz rebounds better and has an inside offensive game worth mentioning. neither of these are true about bargs. leave the 3-point shooting to guards and sf's, pf's and centers should be in offensive rebound range.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
we take bargs and fields???? are you crazy? gtfo

i want ross but not at the expense of taking on fields and bargs

I want Field's sofa. Plus, behind Deng and Butler, Fields is a low-risk reward player. He can recover and condition back to health. Landry Fields is a good (3 position) player, and anyone can get hit with a back issue. Fortunately for us, back issues are fully treatable. Then we get Ross, who should continue to develop nicely and be a real solution. Once this off-season hits, we lose Marco and Nate. So finding another hidden 2G gem is going to be even harder for our cap restrictions.