Carlos Boozer to Toronto?

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
i really think jimmy butler deserves a chance to prove himself at sg. he is sized to play both wing positions

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I want Field's sofa. Plus, behind Deng and Butler, Fields is a low-risk reward player. He can recover and condition back to health. Landry Fields is a good (3 position) player, and anyone can get hit with a back issue. Fortunately for us, back issues are fully treatable. Then we get Ross, who should continue to develop nicely and be a real solution. Once this off-season hits, we lose Marco and Nate. So finding another hidden 2G gem is going to be even harder for our cap restrictions.

fields sucks really bad and has a bad contract, no thanks, hell no

i like ross but im not taking on bargs and fields to get him

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
If this rumor is true...there are two ways to look at this...

People were wrong about Paxson wanting to sit on his hands and not try to make the team better AND most important, Paxson doesn't think staying put wins a title. He seems to believe that a trade is necessary to improve the team's chances. That said, I agree with him.

Those who want to amnesty Boozer over the a player like Bargnani...hopefully aren't the same ones upset over losing Asik or Kyle Korver for crying out loud! That would be very hypocritical.

Bargnani is a decent shooter, but he has a lot of flaws...he is not the 2nd star the team needs...but you are not going to get that in a Boozer trade. I doubt the trade happens...but lets see what tricks Pax has in his bag. One thing is for sure...Paxson isn't laying low and doing nothing, not if this rumor is true.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
People were wrong about Paxson wanting to sit on his hands and not try to make the team better

trading booz for bargs does not make us better

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The person this benefits most is Jerry Reinsdorf.

Is Bargs really an upgrade over Boozer? Idk. He's a shit defender [like boozer] but Boozer can at least rebound. Bargs is a dog shit rebounder. He's 7'0 and the most rebounds he averaged per game is 6.2? That's pathetic. One of our strengths has been rebounding. Get rid of Boozer for Bargs, and we get weaker at one of our strengths.

Yes, a weakness of ours is outside shooting. Bargnani would help in that department. But how much?

While this trade gives the Bulls more cap space, we'll still be over the cap space... Jerry would just pay less in luxury tax. Which is why this benefits him most. The Bulls don't get much better [if we get better at all] and we won't get under the cap. Jerry just pays less in tax.

I guess it would also depend on what other players we're getting and giving up. If it's something like crys posted [getting fields and ross], then I'd be for it. But that seems unlikely.

I still like the idea of holding onto Boozer until he has one year left on his deal and then amnesty him. Because that same season, Deng's contract expires and Mirotic could potentially be coming over. So we could potentially be a few million under the cap at that point and have more flexibility with what we can do with the roster.

Unless we could amnesty Bargnani since he singed his extension before the lockout? If we can, then it makes more sense. Then Bars could be the one who is amnestied in the final year of his deal and Jerry would save a few million that way as well.

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
Unless we could amnesty Bargnani since he singed his extension before the lockout? If we can, then it makes more sense. Then Bars could be the one who is amnestied in the final year of his deal and Jerry would save a few million that way as well.

i didnt even think about this, is it even possible? trade boozer for barg and then immediately amnesty him?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Depending on whatever additional assets the Bulls were able to land, this deal could end up helping us in a lot of ways. For one, Bargnani is younger than Boozer and makes over $5 million less this year than Boozer, and $6 million less over the final two years of the deal. Others have also touched on the fact that while Bargnani is having a bad season, his shooting ability and skill to stretch the floor will help the Bulls once Derrick Rose comes back. Now before you think I'm trying to say that Bargs is a better player than Boozer, yes, I am fully aware of his defensive shortcomings and his obvious phobia to rebounding. However, I'm fairly confident that the Bulls' coaching staff would wake something up inside of him and force him to improve. Do I think he has the chance to turn into an elite defender? Probably not. But if he's able to improve, that would only increase his value.

The other thing Bulls' fans need to keep in mind is that Boozer's value will probably never be higher -- he's averaging near 16/10 while being relatively healthy over the past two seasons. With the hamstring injury that just flared up, I think this is an omen for the Bulls to look to deal Boozer if at all possible. Again, the guy is 31. We certainly won't get equal value for him, but if we're able to get 75 cents on the dollar, I think we have to take it.

I would certainly be a fan of a deal like this --

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b6oz8zm

A few things I like about this potential deal: One, the Bulls are able to get immediate and future value for Boozer and the expiring deals of Hamilton (his deal is only guaranteed for $1 million next year) and Mohammed. They're able to land a young SG in Ross who's locked into a rookie scale deal. The Bulls also add some frontcourt depth on the bench with an Aaron Gray reunion and the chippy Amir Johnson. Johnson, in particular, is an above-average rebounder and efficient scorer. Second, they're able to flesh out the roster in the future with the money they would be paying Boozer without losing him to nothing with the amnesty clause. Think of it this way -- would you rather have two more years of Boozer and be forced to pay the $1 million guaranteed to Hamilton even if the Bulls just end up cutting him, or would you rather turn that into a Bargnani flier (he'd end up just becoming a juicy expiring deal in '14 anyway), the young Ross with some upside, a quality reserve at the 4 in Johnson and the legendary Aaron Gray? To me, the choice is kind of obvious.

On top of all that, this deal gives the Bulls the chance to find a buyer for Deng next year when his deal expires. Keep in mind, this would give Jimmy Butler a chance to start at the 3 on a much cheaper deal and more contractual control. I still agree this potential deal isn't without risk. Bargnani would have to commit to playing defense, something he refuses to do right now, but with Boozer's value at a ridiculous high, it's probably wise to get something for him. You know, unless you'd rather just amnesty him and still pay him to play for somebody else.

And for the Raptors, they'll end up saving about $5 million next year with the two expiring deals they take in, and probably wouldn't mind getting out from underneath Amir Johnson's deal for the next three seasons. The tradeoff would be having to give up Ross, but for a team who's already added huge salary with Rudy Gay, it's probably worth it.

Last edited:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i didnt even think about this, is it even possible? trade boozer for barg and then immediately amnesty him?

I'm not sure. I know that players that signed their extension after the new deal can't get amnestied. Bargnani signed his deal before.. meaning he can get amnestied. I just don't know how or if a trade would effect that.

If we could though, the Bulls wouldn't amnesty Bargnani right away though. That wouldn't make sense. They'll keep him here for a while to see how it plays out at least... then maybe try trying him too if it doesn't work out.

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
so once a player is traded, its no longer possible for his new team to amnesty him?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am honestly torn about this.

I hear everybody saying that the Bulls would be better off just amnestying Boozer and bringing in the younger/cheaper/non-injury-prone version of Bargnani known as Mirotic.

However, it would really suck to lose Boozer for nothing. If you get Bargnani now, you can send him in a package somewhere else and maybe get a draft pick or 2 out of him at the very least.

Spreading the floor for Rose this season would be very good. Also, Bargnani is a better defender than Boozer in the pick-and-roll. The main down-side of Bargnani compared to Boozer is that he is a horrible rebounder for his position.

sicko

Liked Posts:
I WOULD DO IT! Don't we need a shooter? OK! Not only that though but imagine you would be removing one of the other teams bigs from around the basket which makes things a lot easy for Rose when he returns

DO IT! Both have 3 years left on their contract right, Boozer makes $15 Million, Bargnani makes $10 Million and he is younger then Boozer and also can run the floor a lot better, not like we are going to use Boozer Post Up Game when Rose comeback ANYWAY

So I Say Do It! Only because I think Bargnani will be a better fit with Rose!

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
We do need a shooter but the problem is that Bargnani is less efficient than Boozer...

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
i don't know if anyone has watched raptor games over the years but all bargnani is is a big italian guy that sets up camp at the 3 point line and jacks it everytime he gets the ball....he's horrible on defense and he's horrible at rebounding. i think giving up boozer would derail our chances at beating the heat this year.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
i don't know if anyone has watched raptor games over the years but all bargnani is is a big italian guy that sets up camp at the 3 point line and jacks it everytime he gets the ball....he's horrible on defense and he's horrible at rebounding. i think giving up boozer would derail our chances at beating the heat this year.

No one watches the Raptors. Not saying Bargnani is better than Boozer but sometimes a change of scenery does wonders for a player.

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
LMAO!

Please god, not Bargnani!

That's stupid.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
andrea punani

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
No one watches the Raptors. Not saying Bargnani is better than Boozer but sometimes a change of scenery does wonders for a player.

I get what your saying and I wouldn't even mind a stretch 4 that takes a big out of the paint for derrick....but when that stretch 4 is worse defensivly that boozer(that should tell you something) and is arguably the worst rebounding big in the game, I just feel like it is a no brainer to not even discuss this.

Now, if we could convince Denver to take Boozer for the Manimal....:troll: