Carlos Boozer to Toronto?

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Chicago Bulls and Toronto Raptors have engaged in exploratory trade discussions on a deal that would swap the Bulls' Carlos Boozer for the Raptors' Andrea Bargnani, according to sources familiar with the discussions.

Other players with smaller contracts would have to be added to the deal to make the salary-cap math work, should talks indeed progress to a more serious level, but sources told ESPN.com on Thursday that both teams have given consideration to the move.

From Chicago's perspective, sources said, Bargnani's arrival could help address their glaring lack of 3-point shooting and brighten the overall look of its payroll, given that the Italian forward makes $5 million less than Boozer this season. Despite his well-chronicled defensive deficiencies, Bargnani would figure to be an effective pick-and-roll partner for Derrick Rose, once Rose makes his expected return from knee surgery after the All-Star break.

The biggest impediment to such a trade, sources said, is believed to be whether Toronto can realistically afford having both Rudy Gay and Boozer on its payroll beyond this season.

The Raptors, fresh off acquiring Gay from Memphis last week, have been openly shopping Bargnani, who resumed the most disappointing season of his career Wednesday night after missing 26 games with an elbow injury.

Although Toronto's desire to upgrade its front line is an open secret -- as confirmed by their long-running interest in trading for the Los Angeles Lakers' Pau Gasol before Gasol's foot injury this week -- it's believed that the luxury-tax implications of trading for Boozer could ultimately dissuade the Raptors from such a deal, even if Chicago proved willing.

Raptors president Bryan Colangelo told local reporters after the Gay trade that the team was prepared to stray into luxury-tax territory for the "right transaction." It remains to be seen whether a deal for Boozer qualifies.

It's been long assumed around the league that the Bulls might consider releasing Boozer through the NBA's one-time amnesty provision at season's end, but Boozer has tuned out such talk to be one of Chicago's most productive players in 2013, rallying from a so-so start to average 19.5 points and 10.1 rebounds in January.

The NBA's annual trade deadline is Feb. 21 and the Raptors are known to be actively searching for a new home for Bargnani, who was selected with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2006 draft but has gradually fallen out of favor with Raptors fans after Toronto's four straight seasons out of the playoffs. Their list of potential trade partners is likely to be limited, however, because Bargnani -- on top of his on-court struggles this season -- has two years left on his contract after this one, valued at slightly more than $22 million total.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...arlos-boozer-andrea-bargnani-swap-sources-say

The trade is no where close. I would be very surprise if a trade did happen. But it does tell us, the Bulls are more than open to trade Boozer.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
3 team deal would be necessary IMO.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Boozer for JL3, get it done Garpax.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i swear we better not trade boozer for bargnari...i think our FO is smarter than that

bargs is pure trash and i dont want him no where near this team

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Why would you want to give up the ability to amnesty Boozer? Makes no sense.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wouldnt do it as its not an upgrade and other than having a cap friendlier deal, it does nothing for the Bulls. The Bulls can just amnesty Boozer anyways..so I dont see the point.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bulls initiated the talks, and a deal is unlikely - per KC Johnson.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We should've just done what it took to get JJ Redick a cpl years ago. dude's gonna make BANK this offseason.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I wouldnt do it as its not an upgrade and other than having a cap friendlier deal, it does nothing for the Bulls. The Bulls can just amnesty Boozer anyways..so I dont see the point.

It improves our piss poor 3pt shooting, gives the team a stretch 4 to open up better lanes to the hoop for Rose, & yes it's less $$. The downside is Bargnani is not a strong rebounder or defender.

As for amnestying Boozer anyway, you ALWAYS want to get value back for a player as opposed to just cutting them loose & eating their salary. If the FO can find a take for Boozers contract, they WILL pull the trigger.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
^please do not try to justify this trade and make it sound good

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
saves the front office money (especially with the amnesty) and frees up money for a chance to add more talent to help Rose and the Bulls quicker.

Bulls aren't going to win the championship this year, so do whatever you have to do in order to help the future.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Id rather keep boozer than have that piece of utter crap bargani..........if we are dealing boozer to the raptors, at least try and get rudy gay, not barngani or whatever the fuck hisname is. :shrug:

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
^please do not try to justify this trade and make it sound good

Never said I would do the deal but there's plus/minuses to every deal. I'm merely pointing them out.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
It improves our piss poor 3pt shooting, gives the team a stretch 4 to open up better lanes to the hoop for Rose, & yes it's less $$. The downside is Bargnani is not a strong rebounder or defender.

As for amnestying Boozer anyway, you ALWAYS want to get value back for a player as opposed to just cutting them loose & eating their salary. If the FO can find a take for Boozers contract, they WILL pull the trigger.

You are crazy if you think its a good trade.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Not a strong rebounder or defender, and you'd be willing to give up Boozer who is already a poor defender and not that great of a rebounder?

As far as the stretch 4, isn't that the point of Mirotic hopefully coming over next year? The point of the amnesty is that you WILL get back value. Value in the open cap space.