Your 2013 First Round Pick... Cordarrelle Patterson

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
"Cordarrelle Patterson is a 6’3, 205 pound junior that was the primary playmaker for the Volunteers this past season. His start at the junior college level proves that he has the will and the determination to be great. He was often times the fastest player on the field, being able to run a 4.48 forty yard dash. He has all the tools to become great wide receiver, the size, speed, and the elusiveness necessary to be a big time playmaker in the NFL."

http://nflspinzone.com/2013/02/17/2013-nfl-draft-one-to-watch-wr-cordarrelle-patterson/

I'm pretty sure top end speed is not a problem. It is visible throughout his highlights and scouting reports.

We must be watching different highlights. He is quick but not once have i seen him blow past anyone. He makes exceptional cuts however I've never seen him display speed like Mike Wallace or anyone similar.

sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus on PPC

Liked Posts:
Tavarres King! Heres the full 2012 SEC Championship game between Georgia and Alabama where where King hooked up for 142 receiving yards. He'd be the perfect fit for us to stretch the field quick,while Marshall and Jeffery take over in the redozone.

This is the receiver we should draft for the WCO. Watch him in this actual game rather than youtube highlight reels.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=3VJg2zJoYxE&feature=related

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
"Cordarrelle Patterson is a 6’3, 205 pound junior that was the primary playmaker for the Volunteers this past season. His start at the junior college level proves that he has the will and the determination to be great. He was often times the fastest player on the field, being able to run a 4.48 forty yard dash. He has all the tools to become great wide receiver, the size, speed, and the elusiveness necessary to be a big time playmaker in the NFL."

http://nflspinzone.com/2013/02/17/2013-nfl-draft-one-to-watch-wr-cordarrelle-patterson/

I'm pretty sure top end speed is not a problem. It is visible throughout his highlights and scouting reports.

4.48 (if he runs that) is not a burner in the NFL. It's simply fast and I never said it was a problem but it's also not run past the safeties speed. It's the exact same time that Jeffrey ran at his Pro Day. I like the guy but we have big WRs with hands. A 4.3 guy would help a lot with opening things up for those big guys with hands.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Tavarres King! Heres the full 2012 SEC Championship game between Georgia and Alabama where where King hooked up for 142 receiving yards. He'd be the perfect fit for us to stretch the field quick,while Marshall and Jeffery take over in the redozone.

This is the receiver we should draft for the WCO. Watch him in this actual game rather than youtube highlight reels.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=3VJg2zJoYxE&feature=related

I watch a ton of college ball so be careful with the backhanded sarcasm. I've seen Georgia and Tennessee several times this year. I've also had the opportunity to watch Lane Johnson play multiple times. My kid goes to TCU, so I actually saw Johnson in person once this year as well. He holds up well in pass protection and you can see the athleticism. He passes the eye test. He'll need some bulk and additional strength to be a factor in the run game in the NFL. He played well against Devonte Fields who is probably a top 15 pick if he stays healthy the next two years.

In regard to King and Patterson I don't care what style of offense Trestman eventually decides to install, Patterson is a superior player period. Not even close... It doesn't matter if we are talking You Tube, live at the stadium or in your backyard...

Liked Posts:
I watch a ton of college ball so be careful with the backhanded sarcasm. I've seen Georgia and Tennessee several times this year. I've also had the opportunity to watch Lane Johnson play multiple times. My kid goes to TCU, so I actually saw Johnson in person once this year as well. He holds up well in pass protection and you can see the athleticism. He passes the eye test. He'll need some bulk and additional strength to be a factor in the run game in the NFL. He played well against Devonte Fields who is probably a top 15 pick if he stays healthy the next two years.

In regard to King and Patterson I don't care what style of offense Trestman eventually decides to install, Patterson is a superior player period. Not even close... It doesn't matter if we are talking You Tube, live at the stadium or in your backyard...

Huh? Backhanded whahhthe fuck are you talking about? I actually like the prospect your presenting. No one said he isnt superior to King. The difference we'll have a shot at King.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Huh? Backhanded whahhthe fuck are you talking about? I actually like the prospect your presenting. No one said he isnt superior to King. The difference we'll have a shot at King.

No problem, it is easy to misinterpret tone sometimes. My mistake... Anyway, I like Lane Johnson as a prospect but I don't think we are in a position to be trading future high round picks and King's draft value will be pretty clear after next weekend. Looking forward to watching the o linemen, tight ends and the receivers at the combine...

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know about drafting this kid in the first, but holy shit. Thats one hell of a highlight reel.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I don't know about drafting this kid in the first, but holy shit. Thats one hell of a highlight reel.

I agree this kid is a play-maker... period...

Emery has to do enough in free agency to allow us to truly go BPA at 20. There are a ton of scenarios out there in "mock draft land" but there is a chance that we may have our choice of this kid and most likely the top two tight ends. I want a player at 20 that has the potential to be great and not just a guy that fits a need. Also, I wonder what Phil does if a top ranked defender (on his board) slips to 20? I hope at least three QBs are taken before 20. Each one selected pushes a better player to us.

If we add Bushrod and a guard in free agency, Patterson in round one, Larry Warford in round two and Travis Kelce in the 4th... I would be a happy Bear fan.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
4.48 (if he runs that) is not a burner in the NFL. It's simply fast and I never said it was a problem but it's also not run past the safeties speed. It's the exact same time that Jeffrey ran at his Pro Day. I like the guy but we have big WRs with hands. A 4.3 guy would help a lot with opening things up for those big guys with hands.

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
If we can't snag Patterson, i wouldn't mind drafting Woods, Wheaton, Swope, Stills, Wilson or Patton later on in the drat

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
This was posted on yahoo today. Players that did not shine at Sunday's combine
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/players-did-not-shine-sundays-004000434--nfl.html
He probably will be available in the late 1st round.

Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee: Patterson displayed today some of the same concerns that we had with him during film study. He was choppy in and out of his breaks, and did not display fluidity on his routes. Throughout his workout, he let the ball get into his body and struggled to catch the ball cleanly. Early in the workout he caught the ball extremely well, but as the workout went on he dropped some passes he should easily have caught. As expected, he ran extremely well (unofficial 4.37 40), but he is far from a polished product, despite being so highly regarded in some circles. **More concerning is that we heard that Patterson has been very unimpressive in interviews, which will likely lead to him sliding down draft boards

msadows

Liked Posts:

Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee: Patterson displayed today some of the same concerns that we had with him during film study. He was choppy in and out of his breaks, and did not display fluidity on his routes. Throughout his workout, he let the ball get into his body and struggled to catch the ball cleanly. Early in the workout he caught the ball extremely well, but as the workout went on he dropped some passes he should easily have caught. As expected, he ran extremely well (unofficial 4.37 40), but he is far from a polished product, despite being so highly regarded in some circles. **More concerning is that we heard that Patterson has been very unimpressive in interviews, which will likely lead to him sliding down draft boards

while I would love to have him, I doubt theres any chance the bears draft a WR in the 1st round this year. We already have a top 5 wr, and are putting a lot of expectations into alshon to be a great #2.

If the kid from west virginia somehow dropped to our 2nd rounder(he wont), hed be a perfect fit seeing as we could finally get the WR we always thought hester could be.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

I guess it depends on the source... From NFL.com...

Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee: Patterson did nothing to disappoint during his time on the Lucas Oil Stadium turf. He ran a 4.42 40, despite having a slight stumble at the 10-yard mark. (He found another gear over the final 20 yards of the test.) During the field workout, Patterson didn't "wow," but he showed impressive burst, the ability to quickly get in/out of his break and reliable hands. This draft doesn't contain a surefire stud at wide receiver in the mold of A.J. Green or Julio Jones, but Patterson has the potential to develop into a Pro Bowl-caliber pass catcher.

Spear

Corpus callosotomy
Liked Posts:
Undeniable talent and physical tools but seems a bit raw at this point.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Well McShay agrees with his latest mock version 3.0 ... That would be some receiving core with Bennett and Patterson as the 3 and 4.

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Justin Hunter also.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I like Justin Hunter also.

If his knee is 100%, I agree. The Vols have had some talent at WR lately considering they had Rogers too before they kicked him off the team.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Imagine having TWO Brandon Marshall's .....?! This guy is fun to watch....

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am really warming up to the idea of him in the slot.... alot of his tape he lines up there... as well as the backfield. I bet you Trestman would find alot of ways to get teh ball in his hand.

I am starting to root for him or Austin with our 20th pick. I feel pretty confident the OL will be address in FA... and then in the mid-later rounds of the draft.