Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Here is the most dynamic playmaker in the draft period. Great size, speed and elusiveness... Returns kick, punts, plays some RB and is a great WR... His run after the catch is eye popping...

[video=youtube;RjxkQXlCAfE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxkQXlCAfE"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxkQXlCAfE[/video]

Address the O Line in free agency and in the 2nd round. Grab Kelce or Escobar in the 4th round...

Liked Posts:
I wouldnt mind this, but If this were the case Id really want Levitre or Bushrod in free agency, and a kid like Frederick in the second.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I wouldnt mind this, but If this were the case Id really want Levitre or Bushrod in free agency, and a kid like Frederick in the second.

I agree and think we will have the inside track on Bushrod. We should be able to get an excellent guard in round two. Patterson with Marshall, Jeffery and Bennett... Wow...

Liked Posts:
I agree and think we will have the inside track on Bushrod. We should be able to get an excellent guard in round two. Patterson with Marshall, Jeffery and Bennett... Wow...

I do think Emery is going to look to draft BPA in every round period, rather than by need, which I think is the way to go. It just so happens that the best players into the third round are mostly offensive limemen. If Emery does stnd pat in the first and guys like Johnson are gone, this pick wouldnt hurt me a bit as long as at least two NFL ready limemen are added.

PeppersSweater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ha, that guy does not like to run out of bounds under any circumstance! Very exciting guy to watch, but I do see a little of that Hester sideline-to-sideline, backward spin stuff.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Yes I suggest we address O Line in free agency and the 2nd round. I believe the top 3 OTs will be off the board by 20. There is no way I would take a guard over a guy like Patterson. Kromer has a proven track record developing mid round o line picks into pro bowl players and a second round guard in not a mid round pick. At twenty, we might have our pick of Patterson and the top two tight ends.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
NFL.com got him going as high as #5 overall by Albert Breer.

If we do or don't grab him in the 1st, I also want Bears to draft Da'Rick Rogers in the 2nd.

Rogers has talent too but he has serious character issues. Emery would have to dig deep on him.

Liked Posts:
If we dont get this kid or a LT in the first, Id rather just wait and pick up Tavarres King, who looks to be the perfect fit for what the offense needs and for the WCO system.

Liked Posts:
Why not go for both?

Why not exceed exceptions, why not be better than everyone else, why not be mediocre for once.

The reason I domt like both is we need plug and play guy on the line. We can add all of the weapons in the world and it wont matter much if the QB is on his ass or keeping one eye over his back shoulder. Im fine with adding weapons to multiple areas on offense, but with the offensive line being the biggest weakness on the roster, it is probably the only position Id like to see have multiple picks vested in.

Again, its not my call and I do think Emery is going to go BPA period, if Rogers is the guy, Ill just have to live with it, Id be fine with Rogers, yet we can get a quality lineman to keep the QB stable and quality WR later. IMO, King will skyrocket up the draft boards after the combine.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Yes, i agree. Therefore I believe Rogers might fall little bit more in the draft, and Emery will pick him up (jeffery, marshall had issues too).

Also we saw in last years draft top talent fell a lot in draft cause of character issue (denard, burfcit, jenkins).

The thing I love about Patterson is that he fills a number of needs...

Speed receiver... check

Kick returner... (if we cut or trade Hester)... check

Punt returner.... check

oh and he's 6'3"...

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The reason I domt like both is we need plug and play guy on the line. We can add all of the weapons in the world and it wont matter much if the QB is on his ass or keeping one eye over his back shoulder. Im fine with adding weapons to multiple areas on offense, but with the offensive line being the biggest weakness on the roster, it is probably the only position Id like to see have multiple picks vested in.

Again, its not my call and I do think Emery is going to go BPA period, if Rogers is the guy, Ill just have to live with it, Id be fine with Rogers, yet we can get a quality lineman to keep the QB stable and quality WR later. IMO, King will skyrocket up the draft boards after the combine.

A couple of keys to the draft will hinge on whether Kromer thinks James Brown can play left guard under his tutelage and if he is comfortable with Webb or Carimi at RT assuming we can land Bushrod. If he is, I would suggest drafting Larry Warford in the second round. The kid is a flat out beast. He could give us some security in case Lance Louis is slow to recover from his ACL surgery and eventually I could see Warford and Louis as our starters backed up by Brown and possibly Williams.

I would be incredibly happy with Patterson and Warford as our top two picks.

Liked Posts:

Speed receiver... check

Punt returner.... check

oh and he's 6'3"...

The only way I wouldnt want this kid is if Lane Johnson is on the board, if he isnt and Patterson is there(he wont be), if he is, it would be awfully hard to make a case against him as the BPA.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I LOVE Patterson too.

I'm just saying we should think of drafting Rogers in the 3rd(trade back) or even 4th.

And dude is no slouch. Some compare him to Julio Jones.

Rick is 6'3" too and 203lbs.

STRENGTHS :physical specimen with power and strength. Works very well over the middle, and is extremely difficult to bring down after the catch. Gets off the line well for a player of his size. Shows flexibility in adjusting to the football, making difficult catches, and getting out of his routes. Uses his body to shield defenders from making a play on the football. Smooth, with good body control when going up for the football. Strong hands allow him to grab low and wide passes adeptly. Physical run blocker when engaged, will sustain through the play.

I agree he could be an incredible value.

Liked Posts:

Speed receiver... check

Punt returner.... check

oh and he's 6'3"...

Very similar raw characteristics to Willie Gault. Would be tough to say no to this kid.

Liked Posts:
The more I study/watch this kid the less i think he will fall to 20.

He is top WR in draft, and I don't think he will fall to 20 or even 15.

He wont. 6'3" wrs with hands speed and power are very rare. Teams outside of the top ten wont have sniff shot in hell. Would love to have him though.

Liked Posts:
So does that mean Da'Rick Rogers later on?

Same talent, great hands, power, hard to get down, not same speed though.

;)

Thats kimd of why Id pass on Rogers. We already have that guy X 2 with Marshall and Jeffery. I want someone who can take the top off from a motherfucker. Agian though, it doesnt really matter what I want. I really like King, whos going to shoot up the boards, Id bet on it. Hes not big, not small but fast, smart, great footwork after the catch and he proved it during Senior Bowl week, with great YAC totals in drills and has a ton of speed. He has WCO WR written all over him.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
No Te'o, you can :gtfo:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
why spend 1st rounder on a pick who is going to ride the bench for 2 years?

Lach is getting/should be signed.

Because you're getting the next Urlacher :dealwithit:.