OT: LeBron James

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This guy is playing absolutely out of his mind. The player he is right now is miles and miles better than the player he even was in his first year with Miami. He is a lethal outside shooter for the first time in his career. He has an aggressive and effective inside game as well.

He is way better right now than Kobe Bryant ever was. And LeBron is right about you cannot simply count championships to measure greatness. LeBron said that Jud Buechler's rings do not make him better than Charles Barkley, and that he considers Jordan to be better than Bill Russell despite Russell's 11.

Hell, even if LeBron wins 10 titles, that wouldn't make him a better player than Jordan.

Magic Johnson said that if LeBron and Jordan played one-on-one 10 straight games that Jordan would win all 10 games. I am pretty sure I agree with that. But that would likely be a different story if it was 5 LeBron's versing 5 Jordan clones. He is a complete basketball player, much like Jordan, but at a larger size.

I think LeBron is already the second greatest perimeter player (only behind Jordan) to ever play basketball. The only couple of player I would even consider placing in front of LeBron other than Michael are Kareem, Wilt, and maybe Hakeem.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
James is 100% right here:

[video=youtube;uqVXFWFLA-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uqVXFWFLA-E[/video]

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
James is 100% right here:

[video=youtube;uqVXFWFLA-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uqVXFWFLA-E[/video]

In other words, he doesn't give a damn what Jordan says...and he shouldn't. Jordan's words have a hidden agenda. Jordan is turning into Wilt Chamberlain. Wilt used to criticize Jordan all the time and Jordan got tired of it. I would hope that Jordan would stop himself before he goes too far.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
Rings don't make you better. Who was a better QB.... Dilfer or Marino?

If MJ and LBJ played 10 times (intheir primes), Jordan would win most, but not all 10. LBJ is just too damn good.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
LOL, the Lebron-Jordan rivalry has begun. :rolling:

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
Jordan's answer was very right. After telling the first name he had in his mind (Kevin Durant), but it is to soon and to stupid to say this without make it look like a joke, he said that in terms of dominance he would pick Lebron but career wise he would pick Kobe. And that was a very good and wise answer. Kobe is playing almost for two decades. You can't pick Lebron over him right now. Some things must be respected.

Magic was also right too.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Jordan's answer was very right. After telling the first name he had in his mind (Kevin Durant), but it is to soon and to stupid to say this without make it look like a joke, he said that in terms of dominance he would pick Lebron but career wise he would pick Kobe. And that was a very good and wise answer. Kobe is playing almost for two decades. You can't pick Lebron over him right now. Some things must be respected.

Magic was also right too.
Exactly, remember the passing of the baton? Wtf happened to that? You know Dr J to Magic and Bird, Magic and Bird to MJ, MJ to Koby, etc...... When has Lebroad ever given this type of mature answer? Never! Remember all his defensive answers about bailing on Cleveland?

First off, MJ said it was a very difficult thing to answer!!!! MJ also said that when it comes to basketball dominance, you have to give it to Lebroad!!!!! Then MJ said if you're talking rings, you'd have to give it to Koby!!!!!! Then MJ said Durant to totally be politically correct!!!!!

WHERE THE FUCK DID MJ SAYING ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT LEBROAD?????

You fuckin people are wack, just like the punk ass Lebroad.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
bailing on Cleveland lol

Cavs failed to surround LeBron with talent so he took his else were.....he played out his contract and left as a FA...nothing wrong with that

they shoulda did a better job and he would still be there

they're lucky tho....stern gifted them with kyrie who is on the fast track to becoming a superstar...maybe they do it right this time and he wont jet

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
bailing on Cleveland lol

Cavs failed to surround LeBron with talent so he took his else were.....he played out his contract and left as a FA...nothing wrong with that

they shoulda did a better job and he would still be there

they're lucky tho....stern gifted them with kyrie who is on the fast track to becoming a superstar...maybe they do it right this time and he wont jet
Keep on making excuses, just like Lebroad.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Let's just go ahead and nip this in the bud --

Jordan > LeBron

LeBron could win 50 rings, and it doesn't matter. Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all-time. Regardless if you rate Wilt, Bird, Magic, Russell or anyone else second, they're such a distant second that the conversation shouldn't be warranted. He was the best scorer, the best defender, the most exciting player and he transformed a sport that was dead into a global phenomenon, all while changing the way athletes market themselves and how the public perceives the greatness of an athlete.

So please, stop it. LeBron is the best player alive right now, hands down. But he's never, ever going to be Michael Jordan. LeBron understands that. So, can the comparisons please stop?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Let's just go ahead and nip this in the bud --

Jordan > LeBron

LeBron could win 50 rings, and it doesn't matter. Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all-time. Regardless if you rate Wilt, Bird, Magic, Russell or anyone else second, they're such a distant second that the conversation shouldn't be warranted. He was the best scorer, the best defender, the most exciting player and he transformed a sport that was dead into a global phenomenon, all while changing the way athletes market themselves and how the public perceives the greatness of an athlete.

So please, stop it. LeBron is the best player alive right now, hands down. But he's never, ever going to be Michael Jordan. LeBron understands that. So, can the comparisons please stop?

Since when does comparisons stop? Again, Jordan was anointed the greatest ever before he retired...THE FIRST TIME! Before he was 30! Before 6 titles! I don't think Lebron will ever be as good as Jordan...but rings shouldn't enter into the equation.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Since when does comparisons stop? Again, Jordan was anointed the greatest ever before he retired...THE FIRST TIME! Before he was 30! Before 6 titles! I don't think Lebron will ever be as good as Jordan...but rings shouldn't enter into the equation.
Well, for me the OP was making it sound like MJ was slamming Lebroad. That didn't happen! Lebroad responded as if MJ said he thought Koby was better cuz of more rings. Duh, Koby, at this point, HAS MORE RINGS! MJ even said that as far as basketball play "dominance", Lebroad was the guy. I don't get why people are making this a big deal. MJ gave a very politically correct answer, and Lebroad is, again, acting like a baby and being defensive when he doesn't have to.

And as far as rings. Isn't that why they play the game, to get a championship ring? Didn't Lebroad assemble the "big three" in 'South Beach' in order to win multiple rings???? I mean if rings didn't matter, WHY DIDN'T LEBROAD STAY IN CLEVELAND???????????????????

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

He was anointed the greatest ever because HE IS THE GREATEST EVER. I never once said the rings matter, because if they did, Russell would be the greatest ever. Notice the part you quoted where I said LeBron could win 50 rings and it wouldn't push him ahead of Jordan. Michael Jordan changed sports forever. Not just basketball -- sports. LeBron isn't going to do that. So, every accomplishment he has aside, he'll never have the global, social or economical impact on sports the way Jordan did. And the other thing people keep forgetting is that Jordan hasn't touched a basketball in 10 years and people are STILL making these ridiculous comparisons. It's because even being so far removed from his playing time, the things he was able to accomplish are still mind boggling. Can't say the same for LeBron, Kobe, et al.

Jordan is allowed to talk all the shit he wants. He's the greatest. Just like Ali, just like Jerry Rice, just like Willy Mays. I understand the comparisons will always happen because people feel the need to pigeon hole public figures, but it doesn't matter what way you slice it -- Jordan was better then LeBron, Kobe, Durant, Shaq, Bird, Magic and whoever else you want to compare him to. There isn't an argument that exists that will ever change my mind. End of story.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He was anointed the greatest ever because HE IS THE GREATEST EVER. I never once said the rings matter, because if they did, Russell would be the greatest ever. Notice the part you quoted where I said LeBron could win 50 rings and it wouldn't push him ahead of Jordan. Michael Jordan changed sports forever. Not just basketball -- sports. LeBron isn't going to do that. So, every accomplishment he has aside, he'll never have the global, social or economical impact on sports the way Jordan did. And the other thing people keep forgetting is that Jordan hasn't touched a basketball in 10 years and people are STILL making these ridiculous comparisons. It's because even being so far removed from his playing time, the things he was able to accomplish are still mind boggling. Can't say the same for LeBron, Kobe, et al.

Jordan is allowed to talk all the shit he wants. He's the greatest. Just like Ali, just like Jerry Rice, just like Willy Mays. I understand the comparisons will always happen because people feel the need to pigeon hole public figures, but it doesn't matter what way you slice it -- Jordan was better then LeBron, Kobe, Durant, Shaq, Bird, Magic and whoever else you want to compare him to. There isn't an argument that exists that will ever change my mind. End of story.

BG7>>>>MJ23

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
You'd have lebron ahead of magic johnson :rofl: mj was right when he said lebron wouldn't be as dominate had he played in his era. the style of play was a lot rougher and on top of that the competition was better. plus that answer was kind of stupid, i feel. how do rings not matter? that is how greatness is measured. Russell did win 11, but he played with other all time great players and(if i remember correctly) back when russell played there was only 8 teams in the league. Jordan played in a tough era and was simply unstoppable in his prime. NBA ratings plummeted after he retired, which adds to his greatness. i personally know people that havn't watched NBA ball since he retired. my parents used too watch basketball and stopped once he retired. i don't know how you can say that up to this point lebron has been better...Kobe has 5 rings and has played in 7 nba finals. he has made it to the finals in nearly half of the years he has been in the league which is remarkable. lebron boasts a mighty 1-2 record in the finals. he is the main reason the heat lost to dallas in what may be the biggest upset in nba finals history. he played like complete ass.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Keep on making excuses, just like Lebroad.

not an excuse, thats the truth...bron wanted a ring...he wasnt getting one in cleveland

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

No matter what way YOU slice it...that is your opinion. Which is what this discussion is NOT about. This discussion is about Jordan's opinions and the criteria he used to make his opinion. So it ends YOUR story, but we are not talking about you...

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
not an excuse, thats the truth...bron wanted a ring...he wasnt getting one in cleveland
To quote myself........
I mean if rings didn't matter, WHY DIDN'T LEBROAD STAY IN CLEVELAND???????????????????
Think about it. Lebroad could have stayed in Cleveland and looked like a true hero in just about everyones eyes for being loyal. He decided to take "his talents" to South Beach. Not only did he leave his family in Cleveland, he joined up with Bosh and Wade in probably the biggest FA'cy extravaganza, or whatever, in NBA history!!!!!

Then, Lebroad, Wade, and Bosh, did their ghey celebration in Miami, where Lebroad predicted 'how may championships'? 6+ .... LOL. Well guess what, Lebroad put the pressure on HIMSELF to win rings by doing all this. Now his spineless jellyfish ass is saying rings don't matter!!!!!!!!

WTF LEBROAD, WHAT IS IT?