Monta Ellis on the Block, We Interested or No?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
discuss

not excatly sure what we'd trade

are they interested in barnyani?

:derbulls:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
All of those interested in Ben Gordon...SHOULD BE DOUBLY ENTHUSED ABOUT MONTA ELLIS. Just saying. Ellis is a better player than Ben Gordon...and cheaper.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Ellis certainly is better than Kirk Hinrich or..............fucking Bargyani
And so is Ben Gordon. :smug:

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Sure, let's trade all our guys to a division rival for another G who makes $11 mil/year, when our C is ailing and we have no backup C.
Greeeeeaaaat idea!

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Sure, let's trade all our guys to a division rival for another G who makes $11 mil/year, when our C is ailing and we have no backup C.
Greeeeeaaaat idea!

im just starting a discussion

bucks also are shopping sammy d...we should try to get him

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
It would be stupid if we had a better SG. Now it is just a good trade if we can get him at a good price.

Elis and Ilyasova for Boozer and Hamilton would be a good trade for me.

You get a PF/SF who can shoot 3s and open the floor. Very cheaper than Boozer and Bargnani. Great rebounder, great offensive rebounder, and hustle player. Used to be a bench player for THE BUCKS. So he wouldn't have a problem to be a bench pleyer for the Bulls. And you get a very good upgrade at 2.

Rose/Nate
Elis/Kirk
Deng/Butler
Taj/Ilyasova
Noah/Taj

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
It would be stupid if we had a better SG. Now it is just a good trade if we can get him at a good price.

Elis and Ilyasova for Boozer and Hamilton would be a great trade for me.
I'm all for getting better and bringing in talent at our advantage. I just don't think that Milwaukee will be in a hurry to make the Bulls a lot better. I'm also looking at the $11 mil / year that Ellis is making.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

You get a PF/SF who can shoot 3s and open the floor. Very cheaper than Boozer and Bargnani. Great rebounder, great offensive rebounder, and hustle player. Used to be a bench player for THE BUCKS. So he wouldn't have a problem to be a bench pleyer for the Bulls. And you get a very good upgrade at 2.

Rose/Nate
Elis/Kirk
Deng/Butler
Taj/Ilyasova
Noah/Taj

Of course it's a great trade for the Bulls -- because it'd never happen. Boozer is 31 and is still owed nearly $33 million over the next two seasons. Hamilton's deal is only guaranteed for $1 million, but with all of his health issues, the Bulls would be hard-pressed to find a taker, unless they just wanted to fill a roster spot and cut him as soon as the season ended to save that $4 million. So, why on Earth would the Bucks give up a guy who's got an $11 million deal expiring next year in Ellis, that's a proven 20-point scorer and a young guy in Ilyasova who's playing in a terrible role and has shown the ability to score and rebound? The deal just absolutely makes zero sense from the Bucks' perspective.

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
Of course it's a great trade for the Bulls -- because it'd never happen. Boozer is 31 and is still owed nearly $33 million over the next two seasons. Hamilton's deal is only guaranteed for $1 million, but with all of his health issues, the Bulls would be hard-pressed to find a taker, unless they just wanted to fill a roster spot and cut him as soon as the season ended to save that $4 million. So, why on Earth would the Bucks give up a guy who's got an $11 million deal expiring next year in Ellis, that's a proven 20-point scorer and a young guy in Ilyasova who's playing in a terrible role and has shown the ability to score and rebound? The deal just absolutely makes zero sense from the Bucks' perspective.

Maybe because they have a similar to Elis player (Brandon Jennings) and they want to give him a bigger role. Also because they may need a bigger and stronger body in their frond-line, who can score and rebound. Also, Boozer this year is the #6 in scoring and #3 in rebounding power forward. I think he is top 10 in defensive rating too. So maybe they will overrate him and accept it. Who knows?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Rose/Nate
Elis/Kirk
Deng/Butler
Taj/Ilyasova
Noah/Taj

Now why in the world would Milwaukee make THAT trade???

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
I answered this. But I can add an other reason. Because they suck big time.

Some general managers are just stupid. You have to try and you may take advantage of the stupidity. Boozer is #3 in rebounds, #6 in scoring, top 10 in def eff, Nate is having an extremely good season AND they would trade them both for Bargnani. Why in the world would someone make a Bargnani for Nate and Boozer trade? The same reason why someone would do a Elis + Ilyasova for Boozer and Hamilton.

They may lose Elis for nothing next year. Another good reason.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I answered this. But I can add an other reason. Because they suck big time.

Some general managers are just stupid. You have to try and you may take advantage of the stupidity. Boozer is #3 in rebounds, #6 in scoring, top 10 in def eff, Nate is having an extremely good season AND they would trade them both for Bargnani. Why in the world would someone make a Bargnani for Nate and Boozer trade? The same reason why someone would do a Elis + Ilyasova for Boozer and Hamilton.

They may lose Elis for nothing next year. Another good reason.

So they would take on added salary, with older players, because they suck and Ellis is on his last year...horrible reasoning.

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
I gave more reasons one post before your question. It's simple. Boozer's numbers this year are good enough to be overrated by some GMs. You have to try. They give Ilyasova and Elis (who may lose for nothing), they get a better and different style PF and a worse but experienced SG with a not so big contract.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Trust me, the Bucks will get a nice haul next year for Ellis' expiring deal. They won't lose him for nothing.

ChiSouthSideBrad721

Captain Kirk!
Liked Posts:
I gave more reasons one post before your question. It's simple. Boozer's numbers this year are good enough to be overrated by some GMs. You have to try. They give Ilyasova and Elis (who may lose for nothing), they get a better and different style PF and a worse but experienced SG with a not so big contract.

I actually think that's a great idea! But the crappy part is that it's a divison rival.. That wouldnt happen :( I can dream though... or make it happen in 2k13 lol

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
You should try something better in 2k13 :lmao:

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
Trust me, the Bucks will get a nice haul next year for Ellis' expiring deal. They won't lose him for nothing.

Yeah I know. I am just saying that I would make a proposal. Many of you may underrate Boozer, but his numbers this year are pretty good to be considered a good trade by some GMs

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
trading for monta ellis would be almost has bad as barg. i too want to see an upgrade at sg but that is definitely not monta. it is not a good thing putting 2 ball dominant guards (in this case Rose and Monta) together with their styles. look at monta now with another ball dominant guard, jennings. he's only shooting 40% and 23% from 3. on top of that, he doesn't play defense. he's iight for his size at rebounding. he's not the type of guy that is going to drastically alter his game to play alongside Rose. just because he's a big name doesn't mean that it would make us better. OJ Mayo is a FA this summer and would make a much better fit than monta.

i also forgot to mention that ellis is a high TO guard, even though jennings has the ball a lot of the time.