Toronto to grab Ben Gordon under Paxsons runny nose.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Good News......Bargnani won't be a Bull.
Bad News......Ben Gordon may be a Raptor.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/chicago-bulls/

The Raptors will be trading there garbage to Toronto for Ben Gordon.
Why couldn't Pax find a piece of garbage on the Bulls roster to trade to the Bobcats?
Another opportunity passing right under Paxs nose like always.
Its quite sad when you think about it.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
Good News......Bargnani won't be a Bull.
Bad News......Ben Gordon may be a Raptor.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/chicago-bulls/

The Raptors will be trading there garbage to Toronto for Ben Gordon.
Why couldn't Pax find a piece of garbage on the Bulls roster to trade to the Bobcats?
Another opportunity passing right under Paxs nose like always.
Its quite sad when you think about it.

Everyone should be happy them

Bulls wont get Bargnani, and they are saved from getting Gordon

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Everyone should be happy them

Bulls wont get Bargnani, and they are saved from getting Gordon

But Ben Gordon is better than Michael Jordan.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
It was mentioned in the*previous trade thread*but it is very possible to engineer a*Nets/Chicago/Charlotte trade if Brooklyn is game to take on Boozer's contract. A trade centered on Hump to the Bobcats, BG to the*Bulls*and Boozer to the Nets is very workable (assuming smaller contracts are thrown in). Given this rumor, BG's value has never been lower and we could probably pick up some desirable assets while we do it (we could probably get some young bigs to fill out our rotation, in particular).*
Its a decent trade for us because we get a Scorer and actually get to save some money with Boozer off the books, even while taking on Bens contract.
Plus it doesn't have to effect the Bulls opportunities in the next big free agent class because Gordons contract will be expired by that time.

Last edited:

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
It was mentioned in the*previous trade thread*but it is very possible to engineer a*Nets/Chicago/Charlotte trade if Brooklyn is game to take on Boozer's contract. A trade centered on Hump to the Bobcats, BG to the*Bulls*and Boozer to the Nets is very workable (assuming smaller contracts are thrown in). Given this rumor, BG's value has never been lower and we could probably pick up some desirable assets while we do it (we could probably get some young bigs to fill out our rotation, in particular).*
Its a decent trade for us because we get a Scorer and actually get to save some money with Boozer off the books, even while taking on Bens contract.
Plus it doesn't have to effect the Bulls opportunities in the next free agent class because Gordons contract will be expired by that time.

But Gordon could not dribble or play defense.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:

Ben Gordon can't dribble?
LoL, you sound kind of silly for that remark.
Gordons as good of a dribbler as any.
And as far as defense, Gordon isn't any worse than Boozer in that catagory and is certainly better than Bargnani in all aspects of the game.
:obama:

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
Ben Gordon can't dribble?
LoL, you sound kind of silly for that remark.
Gordons as good of a dribbler as any.
And as far as defense, Gordon isn't any worse than Boozer in that catagory and is certainly better than Bargnani in all aspects of the game.

Gordon has bounced the ball off his foot more times than I can remember.

But, if you want to talk up how good Gordon is.... I would stick to his offense and never even try to argue defense or dribbling.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
GORDON HAS BROKE THE KNEE CAPS OF MANY....................PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW HE CAN'T DRIBBLE................ARE YOU SURE YOU WATCHED HIM PLAY WHEN HE WAS ON THE BULLS?...........I DON'T THINK SO BRO.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
whats the deal? bargs for gordon?....raps are not taking that...they already got a log jam as is

my guess is he ends up in brooklyn at the deadline

bobcats need a guy that can get rebounds and nets need a guy that can shoot....both contracts are pretty much the same....it makes way too much sense for both teams

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Plus it doesn't have to effect the Bulls opportunities in the next big free agent class because Gordons contract will be expired by that time.

excatly...if we're about dumping salary, trading for ben makes allot more sense than bargs, seeing ben expires next year while bargs would have 2 years left after this one

which would hamper the "2014 plan" they speak of

ChiSouthSideBrad721

Captain Kirk!
Liked Posts:

That comment makes no sense.. Listen I'm not the biggest BG fan but the man could handle the ball and light up the score board when he was here with the Buills... And like I have said before if Thibs could teach Korver and Belli decent Defense he can teach BG

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
That comment makes no sense.. Listen I'm not the biggest BG fan but the man could handle the ball and light up the score board when he was here with the Buills... And like I have said before if Thibs could teach Korver and Belli decent Defense he can teach BG

He could score, no doubt about it. I was a big fan. But the dude sucked at bringing the ball up court, usually dribbling it off his foot. Couldn't play a lick of defense either.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
He could score, no doubt about it. I was a big fan. But the dude sucked at bringing the ball up court, usually dribbling it off his foot. Couldn't play a lick of defense either.

I think you are confusing Ben Gordons dribbles with Hinrich and Dengs.
Dengs the one that used to dribble the ball off his foot.
And Hinrich was the turnover king.
Gordon had serious handles dude.

ChiSouthSideBrad721

Captain Kirk!
Liked Posts:

I really cant agree with you on the dribbling, defense you are def. right... But there is hope for him to learn..

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Is Toronto trying to get into the playoffs, or move up in the lotto odds?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
we got jimmy buckets....he'll take care of the defense

besides thibs had korver and has nate playing d...its hope for gordon too

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Good riddance. I'm holding out hope that we just amnesty booz, though I get the feeling ownership would rather trade him for a less expensive piece and not still have to pay for him...