A Carlos Boozer for Ben Gordon trade that.... that kind of makes sense!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
part of his low FG% is that he takes A LOT of jumpers. from the 3 alone he averages almost 5 attempts a game.
I know that. His 3pt shot isn't even that good I don't think. I don't necessarily want a stretch 4 type player who can't even do that job well.

Plus, like Crys said, they LOVE Mullens (for reasons I can't imagine) so they won't give him up easy like that.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
yeah i dont get the love affair with mullens...all hes does is chuck 3's (and hes not even that good at it)...bobcat fans love him too...idk

its kinda like us and kirk hinrich...expect hinrich was actually a decent player at one point

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah i dont get the love affair with mullens...all hes does is chuck 3's (and hes not even that good at it)...bobcat fans love him too...idk

its kinda like us and kirk hinrich...expect hinrich was actually a decent player at one point
At least Hinrich once averaged 20ppg in the playoffs. :derbulls:

ChiSouthSideBrad721

Captain Kirk!
Liked Posts:
Man, I would love to have BG back, but I am not willing to trade the Captain :(... Even if he is a shell of his former self...

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
i remember once upon a time mullens was the #1 recruit out of high school and people were predicting that he would eventually be a top 2 pick in the draft. now he's an ugly piece of shit that jacks 3s for arguably the worst franchise in pro sports. how the might have fallen.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
this trade we get more but its not really a better deal.....i'd rather just get gordon and then sign kenyon martin and trade rip somewere

sessions is really the only upgrade we're getting(besides gordon)...but i wouldn't mind reuniting Kirk and BG

72682286.jpg.18613_display_image.jpg

Why, so kirk can play keep away from gordon with the ball? :troll:

But then again, at times kirk and gordon feed well off each other so I guess it could be done.
They are familiar with each other, so there already chemistry........and there's chemistry with deng and noah, also former gordon teammates.....it could work.

FrenchieBully

Liked Posts:
BJ Mullens really lives up to his first two initials.

theTruth21

Liked Posts:
Alright, the idea of Carlos Boozer being traded in order to get the Bulls under the luxury tax has floated around for the last few weeks. Unfortunately, the proposed trade for the Raptors leaves us with some cap relief and a player in Andrea Bargnani who's porous defense in plummeting field goal percentage simply isn't a good alternative for a player in Boozer who's put up close to 20/10 since the beginning of January.

But in this proposed trade, the Bulls acquire several interesting assets. Although, I'm sure several forum members are more concerned with a Ben Gordon reunion. Here's a link to the deal.

Deal outline

Charlotte Bobcats acquire
Carlos Boozer PF
Richard Hamilton SG
Kirk Hinrich PG
Nate Robinson PG

Chicago Bulls acquire
Ben Gordon SG
DeSegana Diop C
Ramon Sessions PG
Byron Mullens C

Why the deal makes sense for Charlotte

Hinrich and Robinson are nice additions to the bench, as well. Robinson has proved he still can be an instant spark for a second unit and Hinrich would be a nice change of pace across from him -- Robinson acting as the catalyst and Hinrich as the distributor. One other unsung addition to this trade is that the Bobs, who have yet to use their amnesty clause, would be able to amnesty Boozer in the future. So if his production were to fall off before his deal expires in 2015 or they're unable to acquire an acceptable return for him in a trade, they can wash their hands of his salary.

As always..... comments, questions, etc., are encouraged.

You CAN"T amnesty a player after trading for him. You may ONLY amnesty your players who YOU signed prior to the new CBA. And you can only use it once. That's why Boozer is so hard to trade. If any team could just amnesty him, he'd be much easier to flip. Not to mention, this trade actually makes Charlotte better, which hurts us b/c we hold their draft pick rights in a couple years.

I'd try to get Prokorov to take Boozer for Humpries straight up. And then pick up a D League big that can give 8-10 min per night. KH has 2 yrs left to Boozer's 3 and makes about 3mil less. Gets us under the luxury tax now without losing much offense--and IF DRose comes back, we'll lose that offense from Boozer anyway.

We'll prob just do nothing though