J.J. Redick: What do the Bulls need to give up.. Is he worth a first rd. pick?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I was about to say, this is the longest thread about JJ Redick that I have seen, with nobody mispelling his last name. Then everyone who once correctly said Redick, started spelling it Reddick. LOL.

What a curse that poor kid has.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
What kind of star can't dribble? The best that Reddick can become is a worse version of Korver.
As far as I'm concerned, he can hang at the three pt line and drill 3's for us. He doesn't have to dribble. I understand all the con's of getting him, I just have a gut feeling he'd do very well here is all. I like the fit.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
As far as I'm concerned, he can hang at the three pt line and drill 3's for us. He doesn't have to dribble. I understand all the con's of getting him, I just have a gut feeling he'd do very well here is all. I like the fit.

We have a guy for that. His name is Daequan Cook. The problem is, there isn't much use for a one-dimensional player on a contending team. We need to fill our SG spot with a starter that can do everything, and some things well. JJ is okay defensively, and he's a great shooter. I would take him, just not for his price.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
We have a guy for that. His name is Daequan Cook. The problem is, there isn't much use for a one-dimensional player on a contending team. We need to fill our SG spot with a starter that can do everything, and some things well. JJ is okay defensively, and he's a great shooter. I would take him, just not for his price.
yeah, I understand your point, and I agree. I sure do think he'd fit in nicely, imo. Bulls need a three shooter big time. And Cook? Nahhhhhh, he doesn't do a thing for me. :nope:

Bear06

Liked Posts:
The only purpose Reddick would serve here is being Kirks punching bag in practice.
[video=youtube;WaEKcH2nCu8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaEKcH2nCu8[/video]

I almost forgot that Kirk used to play for the Wizard after he left the Bulls in 2010.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've watched him quite a bit in the pro's, as he's a former Dukie...his defense is better than people assume, and he's gotten significantly better at the drive-and-dish....he's probably not worth what he's going to get on his next contract -- but then, who is? He'd be a welcomed addition to the bulls, but it won't happen.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I've watched him quite a bit in the pro's, as he's a former Dukie...his defense is better than people assume, and he's gotten significantly better at the drive-and-dish....he's probably not worth what he's going to get on his next contract -- but then, who is? He'd be a welcomed addition to the bulls, but it won't happen.

IMO, there is going to be a harsh reality in the NBA within the next few off-seasons involving over-paid contracts. The only thing that will change that, is if Silver finds a way to bump the cap more than its current trendline.

While Redick might get his payday, the next guy who has the same demand in the marketplace, might only get 2/3rds of the last guy.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
It's a clear need for the Bulls as well. We're not #27 in 3pt shooting by mistake, although I'm hoping DRose is gonna put a dent in that. ;)
Also, I'm glad that you mention his defense. I also have concluded that ANY NEW player coming to the Bulls will get better, by at least a little bit, cuz of the Thibbs machine!

FrenchieBully

Liked Posts:
Now I'm thinking, do we really need a late round pick to backup a spot? Would JJ re-sign with us for a decent price? :shrug:

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I was about to say, this is the longest thread about JJ Redick that I have seen, with nobody mispelling his last name. Then everyone who once correctly said Redick, started spelling it Reddick. LOL.

What a curse that poor kid has.

Reddick Florida is where the V-Rock transmitter is located

Motor Boating

FrenchieBully

Liked Posts:
Doron Lamb, Tobias Harris and Beno Udrih for a few months of Reddick. LMAO!