So Rose is coming back when???

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This always cracks me up. No one is tanking anything. Even without Rose this team will be competitive & make the playoffs. It's like people think without Rose, every other Bulls player & coaches included are just going to throw the towel in & merely just show up to games. It's not in the make-up of any player on this team to quit, so tanking ISN'T & never was an option.

What cracks me up is when fans want to go all in for a season that is already a lost cause AND risk losing Rose's career in the process.

Much rather accept failure this season and get a high pick. Failure is failure whether it is in the ECF or not even making the post-season.

How to tank:

A) Let Deng have the surgery he needs.

B) Don't risk Rose's career (by sitting him out all year).

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Frankly, there is no true "win-win" for the Bulls and Bulls fans. You bring back Rose in say January and let's say he's good to go 100% at that time for the sake of argument. We're not winning a title with this team even with Rose at 100% going into the playoffs quite simply because we don't have personnel good enough unless we pull off some kind of Dallas Mavericks type miracle post season. Who wins there? Sure we get to see Rose, but the whole time we're cowering in fear that he reinjures himself.

Let's say we take him out the whole year instead. Chances are the team will still make the playoffs if everyone else is reasonably healthy, even with Hinrich, Hamilton, Deng, Noah, and Boozer going through whatever injuries they will inevitably get, unless they all go out simultaneously. But at that point we're probably a 7-8 seed barely making the playoffs and no one really cares about the season because everyone thinks we're going to lose anyway. Some fans might be ok with throwing the season away, but from the Bulls perspective, they'll probably be losing some kind of revenue by not having Rose out on the court plus they would be in a position where they can't really improve the team well enough to get us over the hump. Unless we are literally decimated by injuries and end up starting our bench the whole year, we're not getting a draft pick high enough to make us any better.

So pick your poison I guess.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
What cracks me up is when fans want to go all in for a season that is already a lost cause AND risk losing Rose's career in the process.

Much rather accept failure this season and get a high pick. Failure is failure whether it is in the ECF or not even making the post-season.

How to tank:

A) Let Deng have the surgery he needs.

B) Don't risk Rose's career (by sitting him out all year).

:obama:
Do you actually watch the Bulls?

What did I just say? NO ONE ON THIS TEAM WILL QUIT!!! Even with Rose sitting out all year, & Deng getting surgery (which he absolutely won't) NO ONE ON THIS TEAM WILL QUIT! Tanking isn't & never will be an option. What is so hard to understand about that?

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
Frankly, there is no true "win-win" for the Bulls and Bulls fans. You bring back Rose in say January and let's say he's good to go 100% at that time for the sake of argument. We're not winning a title with this team even with Rose at 100% going into the playoffs quite simply because we don't have personnel good enough unless we pull off some kind of Dallas Mavericks type miracle post season. Who wins there? Sure we get to see Rose, but the whole time we're cowering in fear that he reinjures himself.

Let's say we take him out the whole year instead. Chances are the team will still make the playoffs if everyone else is reasonably healthy, even with Hinrich, Hamilton, Deng, Noah, and Boozer going through whatever injuries they will inevitably get, unless they all go out simultaneously. But at that point we're probably a 7-8 seed barely making the playoffs and no one really cares about the season because everyone thinks we're going to lose anyway. Some fans might be ok with throwing the season away, but from the Bulls perspective, they'll probably be losing some kind of revenue by not having Rose out on the court plus they would be in a position where they can't really improve the team well enough to get us over the hump. Unless we are literally decimated by injuries and end up starting our bench the whole year, we're not getting a draft pick high enough to make us any better.

So pick your poison I guess.

Bolded: Exactly.

I completely disagree about us barely making the playoffs & being a 7 or 8 though. I know it was just exhibition games, but there was ALOT of good to be taken from this pre-season. Deng, Rip, Booz, & Noah all look good. Nate is going to make everyone forget about JL3. Taj is still doing his thing & if Kirk stays healthy, he's shown he can be very good on D & running the offense. Rose being injured has completely skewed everyone's view on the Bulls. It's not as doom & gloom as everyone thinks, & quite honestly if Rose comes back & is back to his normal self, this team might actually be BETTER than last year. I know almost no one will agree with me but I really don't care.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Adrian Peterson he is not. But that's mostly because AP is not human.

Peterson is an exceptional athlete, but Rose will be playing basketball longer than Peterson will play football at his current rate of productivity and effectiveness. You don't want to rush Rose back when he has a long career ahead of him. Peterson is still going to be very good for a few more years, but Rose should be around for 10+ in the NBA and like Diddy said, Rose endures much more wear and tear especially over the course of 82 games.

You don't go all in on a pair of kings on the second hand you're dealt. You wait until you have a full house.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bulls are not far away from being a lottery team.

Rose might miss the entire season- like it or not. Deng could very well aggravate that wrist injury. Does anybody really expect Boozer to play all 82 games again- he is due for another injury. Noah misses a 1/3rd of each season annually. Hamilton is still a good player before a gust of wind blows through and he throws out his shoulder. Now Hinrich has groin issues too (which might linger all season).

Bulls are not winning a title. It would take an absolute miracle. And I don't know how anybody can consider a plane filled with NBA All-Stars going down a "miracle."

Nobody in 2008 thought the Bulls had a chance in hell of getting a draft pick that would make them any better either. We drafted Derrick Rose.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bolded: Exactly.

I completely disagree about us barely making the playoffs & being a 7 or 8 though. I know it was just exhibition games, but there was ALOT of good to be taken from this pre-season. Deng, Rip, Booz, & Noah all look good. Nate is going to make everyone forget about JL3. Taj is still doing his thing & if Kirk stays healthy, he's shown he can be very good on D & running the offense. Rose being injured has completely skewed everyone's view on the Bulls. It's not as doom & gloom as everyone thinks, & quite honestly if Rose comes back & is back to his normal self, this team might actually be BETTER than last year. I know almost no one will agree with me but I really don't care.
I agree that the team can be good, but it depends on everyone being healthy at the same time, something that rarely ever happens with this team. But should that happen in the last part of the season, we could be rolling into the playoffs as a 5th seed that everyone's afraid of. I just think it's just as likely that the injuries take us out of rhythm such that we're never as good as we could be, so that's why I say 7-8 seed.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Rose might miss the entire season- like it or not. Deng could very well aggravate that wrist injury. Does anybody really expect Boozer to play all 82 games again- he is due for another injury. Noah misses a 1/3rd of each season annually. Hamilton is still a good player before a gust of wind blows through and he throws out his shoulder. Now Hinrich has groin issues too (which might linger all season).

Bulls are not winning a title. It would take an absolute miracle. And I don't know how anybody can consider a plane filled with NBA All-Stars going down a "miracle."

Nobody in 2008 thought the Bulls had a chance in hell of getting a draft pick that would make them any better either. We drafted Derrick Rose.
You're gonna bank on 1.7% happening again? Yeah...it could happen. Extremely unlikely.

And yeah the Bulls probably aren't winning a title. Who thinks they will honestly? Like I said, it'd take a Dallas Mavericks like post season for this team to win the title. And in many ways, it'd be even more of a miracle because this team isn't as good as that Dallas team. Fans just don't want to watch crappy basketball for a season.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's going to take close to a year because he will be returning to being one of the best atheletes, and basketball players, in the world. And the team has invested a shitpile of money in him.

I don't mean to sound like a dick but, were you one of the best athletes in the world when you had your surgery?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even if the Bulls only had a "1.7 chance" of getting a decent player in the draft next season, 1.7% is still > 0% chance of winning a championship.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:

No one is expecting them to win to win it all. Then again many thought we would miss the playoffs with Derrick out last year. John Lucas the Fucking Turd started games last year for us, yet somehow WE STILL ENDED WITH THE BEST RECORD. The previous season, no one expected us to do anything better than a 4 seed, WE STILL ENDED WITH THE BEST RECORD, with Keith Blowgans as our starting 2-guard! History is proving you wrong right now & it has a tendency to repeat itself. Not saying we will win it all, but you can never say never in the game of basketball.

How does losing bench players like JL3, Watson, Korver & Asik all of the sudden drop us to a lottery team? The starting 5 is still mostly intact, with a fully healthy Rip, a better backup in Hinrich when Rose comes back, & a better bench spark plug in Nate Robinson. Hell, even Nazr Mohammed is providing more scoring & rebounds than Asik was. Where is this humongous drop in talent? I'm failing to see it.

There is only 1 way this team is a lottery team. The team would literally have to be decimated by injuries. Deng, Rip, Boozer, & Noah ALL would have to go down for long stretches. Honestly I don't see that happening. In fact, I think for the most part we will be fairly healthy this season. Both of Boozer's injuries his 1st season here were freak accidents. He's in the best shape of his entire career right now. I can see him playing the whole year again. Rip hadn't been playing much for 2 years & admitted he wasn't fully ready for the shortened season, as were MANY players. I expect him to play the majority of the year & play well if the pre-season is any indication.

I know people don't want to watch a crappy season, but I just don't buy into this doom-n-gloom attitude towards the upcoming season. I think this team may surprise people YET AGAIN.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one is expecting them to win to win it all. Then again many thought we would miss the playoffs with Derrick out last year. John Lucas the Fucking Turd started games last year for us, yet somehow WE STILL ENDED WITH THE BEST RECORD. The previous season, no one expected us to do anything better than a 4 seed, WE STILL ENDED WITH THE BEST RECORD, with Keith Blowgans as our starting 2-guard! History is proving you wrong right now & it has a tendency to repeat itself. Not saying we will win it all, but you can never say never in the game of basketball.

How does losing bench players like JL3, Watson, Korver & Asik all of the sudden drop us to a lottery team? The starting 5 is still mostly intact, with a fully healthy Rip, a better backup in Hinrich when Rose comes back, & a better bench spark plug in Nate Robinson. Hell, even Nazr Mohammed is providing more scoring & rebounds than Asik was. Where is this humongous drop in talent? I'm failing to see it.

There is only 1 way this team is a lottery team. The team would literally have to be decimated by injuries. Deng, Rip, Boozer, & Noah ALL would have to go down for long stretches. Honestly I don't see that happening. In fact, I think for the most part we will be fairly healthy this season. Both of Boozer's injuries his 1st season here were freak accidents. He's in the best shape of his entire career right now. I can see him playing the whole year again. Rip hadn't been playing much for 2 years & admitted he wasn't fully ready for the shortened season, as were MANY players. I expect him to play the majority of the year & play well if the pre-season is any indication.

I know people don't want to watch a crappy season, but I just don't buy into this doom-n-gloom attitude towards the upcoming season. I think this team may surprise people YET AGAIN.

This!

I see us winning the Central Division at least. In Playoffs with a healthy team I expect us to face fisch and his Heatles in the ECF again.

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
Lmao. There is no chance for the Bulls to end up with a good record this year. If DRose returns early and if he is in a good condition and if the team's transition to "we have DRose again", is successful, and if nobody else gets injured, and if they don't play the Heat before ECF then they have a good chance of making the ECF. Nothing more. But...if, if, if, if.....

And besides all that, Stern's last NBA final will be a Kobe vs LeBron matchup. Book it. :p

So it's the definition of a lost year for the Bulls and they have a great opportunity to tank this season, and nobody will say a word. Nobody will blame them that they did it on purpose, nobody will be disappointed. "Rose is out, we don't want to take the risk, Deng is hurt too we decided to send him for a surgery, blah blah blah..." And everybody will agree that it was the best they could have done.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I won't go so far as to say that I expect guys like Boozer and Hamilton to be healthy for most of the season. I never blame anyone for being "injury prone" as every major sports related injury I've ever gotten has been a freak injury and it seems as though for the most part their injuries are also freak injuries. I can't blame them for landing on someone's foot and rolling an ankle. You can't prevent that stuff. On a side note, people clamor for Kevin Martin every so often here...that guy has been labelled as injury prone too. But I digress, I still expect Boozer and Hamilton to be out for stretches as that is what history has dictated. But I do agree that in spite of whatever injuries we get, barring a complete decimation of the roster, we'll still be fine, in terms of not being a playoff team. This team isn't an injury away from the lottery, it's like 4 major injuries away.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Derrick Rose Progress Thread

Monday, November 12 2012

Derrick Rose began cutting on his surgically-repaired left knee, the next step in his nine- to 12-month recovery from tearing his anterior cruciate ligament. Coach Tom Tibodeau said Rose began the next progression "within the last week," reiterating that he does believe the All-Star guard will play at some point this season. "Everything is going according to plan," Thibodeau said. "He's not ahead of schedule. He's not behind schedule. He's exactly where he should be." Chicago Tribune

Friday, November 16 2012

Rose has spent the past few summers working out in the Santa Monica area, and had informed the team that he had a high comfort level of working with his rehab staff in Los Angeles. While nothing has changed in his progress – he just started cutting on the court – Rose and his surgically repaired torn left ACL could make an appearance at the arena Saturday night. “He may,’’ Thibodeau responded, when asked if a certain former MVP would visit his teammates. “The main focus for him is his rehab. We felt it was best for him to be here in one place, doing his rehab. As I mentioned the other day, he’s started cutting and stuff, so he’s doing fine, everything is going according to plan. He just has to keep doing what he’s doing. Chicago Sun-Times

-------------

Thursday, November 29 2012

Bulls management has made it clear Rose must be cleared by physicians and a conservative approach will be used. Still, executive vice president John Paxson, general manager Gar Forman and coach Tom Thibodeau all have said the expectation remains Rose will return at some point this season. Told in a phone interview with the Tribune this could occur in March, John Calipari, his former college coach, offered his opinion. "They don't need to mess with that one. You know what I'm saying," Calipari said. "Don't mess with that one. And, hey, he's so young, it doesn't matter. Really. In the scheme of the Bulls, one year doesn't matter when the kid is 24 years old. You know?" Chicago Tribune

Last edited:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Guess he's "regressed" from being ahead of schedule to being on schedule. Either way, here's to a good rehab!

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Management should consider that aquiring a real 2guard that can actually score would be a good investment in Derrick Rose's future health.......just sayin

Last edited:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, so if he's "on schedule", the earliest he can return [according to 9-12 month time frame] is February 12th. We'll have 31 games left at that point.

If he returns at exactly 10 months, we'll have 19 games remaining

Exactly 11 months - 4 games remaining

12 months- If we're in the playoffs, this would be at around Round 2...

I think if he's not ready by March, it would be better if he just sat the year. If he's 100% and ready to go in February, it would be great to see him come back. 31 games is more than enough for him to get back into a groove and, while unlikely, we could possibly make some noise in the playoffs.

We'll see how it goes. Hopefully he recovers like Adrian Peterson did.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thursday, November 29 2012

Bulls management has made it clear Rose must be cleared by physicians and a conservative approach will be used. Still, executive vice president John Paxson, general manager Gar Forman and coach Tom Thibodeau all have said the expectation remains Rose will return at some point this season. Told in a phone interview with the Tribune this could occur in March, John Calipari, his former college coach, offered his opinion. "They don't need to mess with that one. You know what I'm saying," Calipari said. "Don't mess with that one. And, hey, he's so young, it doesn't matter. Really. In the scheme of the Bulls, one year doesn't matter when the kid is 24 years old. You know?" Chicago Tribune

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bulls need 'em bad. They're hard to watch right now.