So Rose is coming back when???

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
I knew something was out of whack when the initial surgery was performed damn near a month after the injury.

Rose decided to take the year off.

I realize he isn't an Adrian Peterson, but it doesn't take this long.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
I knew something was out of whack when the initial surgery was performed damn near a month after the injury.

Rose decided to take the year off.

I realize he isn't an Adrian Peterson, but it doesn't take this long.

You must remember playing on grass is totally different from playing on a basketball court. The planting on the hardwood surface is murder on your knees. And totally different from planting on grass.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
You must remember playing on grass is totally different from playing on a basketball court. The planting on the hardwood surface is murder on your knees. And totally different from planting on grass.

Old wives tale.

It's kinesiologically and biomechanically proven that the body adjusts itself for each surface while in activity. When you free-fall, that is the only time that the impact surface matters(opposed to landing off the take-off through your own stride and power). Harder surfaces also provide an advantage over soft surfaces, as it improves stability.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rose is a bit injury prone already, lets not rush him back.

If he plays this year with heart and can be effective, then we have a chance. The only purpose to me for any regular season games would be to shake rust.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...For-an-ACL-Why?p=684252&viewfull=1#post684252

Kindly re-read please, I'm qualified to pass judgement b/c I've been there.

I apologize for being a bit brusque in my response...but comparing your recuperation to that of an athlete of this magnitude is a bit much first of all. Secondly, Peterson is considered a modern day miracle...and even then he had to persuade Minnesota to let him play as early as he did. You also forget Peterson's original prognosis, which was nowhere near August. It was the standard 8-12 months. And as I showed with the news clipping, Shumpert evidently wants a year off too? I don't think so.

Shumpert's original prognosis was 6-8 months. Yet he is pretty much on the same schedule as Rose concerning his comeback. I would be surprised if Rose missed the season, but I would really be surprised if he chose early in the process to sit out a year. That would be very surprising and uncharacteristic of Rose and his statements concerning the injury.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best case scenario is Rose comes back in April but looks quick and healthy. His skills allow the rest of the team to play better, and he doesn't try to do too much for once, and is forced to sorta mature, except when the game is on the line.

We have alot of talent when you add an mvp caliber point guard to the mix. Deng/Boozer/Noah is still a strong front court compared to most, and we have lots of suitors to win 6th man, seventh man, and that shooting guard spot. Rose completes us, but lets make the play-offs and let him provide that spark. We aint winning no lottery, but should hang on to that unprotected pick and hope.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I would be surprised if Rose missed the season, but I would really be surprised if he chose early in the process to sit out a year. That would be very surprising and uncharacteristic of Rose and his statements concerning the injury.

To add to this, that would mean his entire marketing campaign with Adidas was built around a lie. Rose is not that kind of person. Rose lives & breathes basketball 24/7 365. There's absolutely no way he would ever even consider sitting out a whole season unless it wasn't absolutely necessary & he was told so by the doctors.

Rose will be back this season, probably in a month & a half if everything goes according to plan, so everyone should start preparing for it.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the goal should be April First.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And who is going to beat us in the play-offs? Miami?

Its not a miracle to think Wade could get hurt, or Lebron. Then what. Celtics are old. Knicks are ??. We could be a wade coming down wrong away from the best in the east, and finish the play-offs rose deserved last year.

Having him fresh could prove key.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

The goal should be for Rose to return whenever, later in the process, he feels fit to return(so long as he is cleared). The development in the rehabilitation can be hard to gauge even later in healing(every body is different) and so the bull staffs may not be 100% sure when rose is going to be ready to go. But if its up to rose, there's an even more uncertain mental factor on top of the actual physical factor.

I get that setting a time table can organize the process, but there is no need to force a rehabilitation to set that time table. If rose ends up falling behind or going ahead in the rehabilitation, then so be it. If he works towards that return time, then so be it as well, imo.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That same source told CSNChicago.com that Rose’s return will be a “collective decision” made between the player’s representatives, the organization and its medical staff, as well as Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf. But, regardless of medical clearance, Rose will have to be comfortable mentally in order to get the go-ahead to play, making the idea of “coming back early” moot, as his next game will be exactly when the stars align, so to speak. While many observers have cited the case of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, in the midst of a career and potentially record-breaking season, as an example of an explosive athlete who returned from ACL rapidly and at the same, if not higher level, it should be noted that there are vast differences in the two athletes’ body types, nature of their sports and respective recovery processes, as recently detailed by Peterson in Sports Illustrated. CSN Chicago

While there is no set timetable for Rose to resume playing, according to multiple sources, the 24-year-old point guard will be back on the court sometime after the NBA All-Star break. CSN Chicago

But CSNChicago.com has learned that over the last two days, minus the contact portions, the former league MVP has been a full participant in the team’s practices at the Berto Center. However, that doesn’t mean Rose will return to the court in the near future, as it was always the plan to have him increase his basketball workload in an effort to get familiar with his new teammates, have a comfort level in running the offense and regain a semblance of his timing, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. CSN Chicago

Derrick Rose will travel on the Chicago Bulls' two-game trip to Orlando and Miami, but coach Tom Thibodeau downplayed expectations of a more expedited return from knee surgery. "You don’t want to rule out anything," Thibodeau said. "But he has to go through regular practice for an extended amount of time before we even think about him playing." Chicago Tribune

The general guess-timate on Rose has been a return after the All-Star break, sometime in late February or early March. "Whether it’s after the All-Star break, two weeks after, it’s when he’s ready," Thibodeau said. "We don’t want to put a date on it. When he makes it through practices for an extended amount of time and there’s not any soreness the next day, we’ll make a decision then. He’s got a long way to go." Chicago Tribune

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:

From all indications, it could be closer to March 1st. He's running through full practices with the team, none with contact yet though. More than likely, he will be back after the All-Star break.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
I apologize for being a bit brusque in my response...but comparing your recuperation to that of an athlete of this magnitude is a bit much first of all. Secondly, Peterson is considered a modern day miracle...and even then he had to persuade Minnesota to let him play as early as he did. You also forget Peterson's original prognosis, which was nowhere near August. It was the standard 8-12 months. And as I showed with the news clipping, Shumpert evidently wants a year off too? I don't think so.

Shumpert's original prognosis was 6-8 months. Yet he is pretty much on the same schedule as Rose concerning his comeback. I would be surprised if Rose missed the season, but I would really be surprised if he chose early in the process to sit out a year. That would be very surprising and uncharacteristic of Rose and his statements concerning the injury.

Clicks non-existent thanks.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
I hope Derrick Rose comes back next season instead.....This season is a waste anyway.....Besides, if he comes back too early, he will have to play with Hinrich....Playing with Hinrich could get Rose reinjured....And I don't want to see Kirk become our starting 2 guard.....

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would like to see us go conservative. Maximal recovery to rust ratio. 10-12 games is how long it takes alot of teams to get into their groove. 15-19 games is enough, but I think we can earn a 7 seed.

ChiTeez.com

Best shirts in Chicago
Liked Posts:
I don't understand people bitching about his recovery time. He is human, not everyone will heal the same way. He is also a HUGE investment...... so I would rather him come back when he is 100% healthy, rather than 70% and possibly get hurt again. Yes, we want to see Rose back asap, but at what price?? Hold on to your pants folks..... he will eventually be back, and hopefully better than ever and ready to take this team to the promise land. So sit tight! :)

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't get all that talk.

Nobody on here has inside information how Derricks knee feels right now.

He will be back when he is 100% and not a single day earlier. If that is in february, march or April. We'll see.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I keep hearing Rose may not return until damn near Spring. Why is it that Adrian Peterson did it in 6 months, yet they seem to be babying Rose. I've had my left ACL replaced, and it doesn't take that long to return to almost 100%.

Look at his style of play and that's exactly why you don't rush him back, even if he feels great. I tore mine also(micro fracture/ACL/ Meniscus), I didn't feel completely normal until my second year after surgery. He is a very explosive guy, who uses lateral explosive moves 100x's more than AP.