So Rose is coming back when???

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
A Year For an ACL, Why?.

I keep hearing Rose may not return until damn near Spring. Why is it that Adrian Peterson did it in 6 months, yet they seem to be babying Rose. I've had my left ACL replaced, and it doesn't take that long to return to almost 100%.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It's not a full year. The decision is up to Rose.

The way I see it, is rush back = TMac, or be patient, condition yourself better = THardaway. Of course, I would hope medicine is a little better now, and so is the training, so learn from the past, take advantage of technology and science. That might require a full year, it might not.

ChicagoGr

Liked Posts:
Re: A Year For an ACL, Why?.

1 full year is the worst case scenario. Rose will be ready to practise way before Spring but I'm not sure if he's going to be ready to play . Either way, he should stay out till he's 100% ready

Tapatalk

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
It's different for athletes. They have to get it into normal shape, then playing shape, then game shape. Also, I think it depends on how much tearing there was.

I haven't been liking the Rose process from day 1, mainly b/c I had a full ACL replacement from a cadaver half my age. What they did to Rose was an autograph, in other words they used a portion of another ligament(his own)for the ACL repair. That's what most likely is causing the added recovery time. And it took them almost a month to perform the procedure, it doesn't take that long for swelling to subside....2 weeks max.

And here's the downside of the whole deal, if he tears it again it will have to be replaced anyways. Doctors will tell you that there is always a possibility of your body rejecting someone else's ACL, but it's actually less than a 1% rate. That's why I feel the broken Rose part should have simply been replaced, it shortens the recovery time and gives you a brand new ligament.

GaelicSoxFan

Time Lord
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't been liking the Rose process from day 1, mainly b/c I had a full ACL replacement from a cadaver half my age. What they did to Rose was an autograph, in other words they used a portion of another ligament(his own)for the ACL repair. That's what most likely is causing the added recovery time. And it took them almost a month to perform the procedure, it doesn't take that long for swelling to subside....2 weeks max.

And here's the downside of the whole deal, if he tears it again it will have to be replaced anyways. Doctors will tell you that there is always a possibility of your body rejecting someone else's ACL, but it's actually less than a 1% rate. That's why I feel the broken Rose part should have simply been replaced, it shortens the recovery time and gives you a brand new ligament.

Yeah, and then there's the doctors' schedules. There's also the availability of a hospital's operating rooms, where the schedules are often rearranged because of emergencies.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Yeah, and then there's the doctors' schedules. There's also the availability of a hospital's operating rooms, where the schedules are often rearranged because of emergencies.

I had to wait a month.

This is day surgery, I feel in the case of Rose an exception could and should have been made. I think he wants a year off, and this is a good a reason as any to do so without disappointing anyone.

sicko

Liked Posts:
I think they want to make sure Rose is 100% because of his STYLE, he uses a lot of ankle breakers and quick cuts and quick footwork way more then Peterson does, Peterson cuts and even after the knee injury he still uses that quick cut move...but Rose Cuts are quicker and sharper and MORE OFTEN! So yes it is wise to maybe not even let Rose play this season if it is any type of setback during the rehabbing of that knee

What is the RUSH? I am willing to sacrifice a season to get Rose back 100%...But regardless just like Chris Paul and Tim Hardaway after their knee injuries, Rose is going to have to CHANGE HIS GAME, he is going to have to become a more CONSISTENT SHOOTER just like those two did after their Knee Injuries, they too was quick and explosive and have amazing crossovers and all that stuff and was able to get to the basket anytime they wanted to, but after the Knee Injuries I think you RISK RE-INJURING that Knee if you try to play the exact same way as you did before the injury...Rose was already becoming a better shooter so I think he will be fine, what the Bulls also need to do is ADD ANOTHER SCORER/GO TO GUY to take the pressure off of Rose and so Rose doesn't feel the need to have to DO EVERYTHING when he comes back

Adrian Peterson he is not. But that's mostly because AP is not human.

YEAP! Peterson is just a FREAK OF NATURE, his injury would have ended most RB's careers back in the day, Peterson looks better then ever right now, haven't lost a step at all, what he is doing is just AMAZING!

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
I think they want to make sure Rose is 100% because of his STYLE, he uses a lot of ankle breakers and quick cuts and quick footwork way more then Peterson does, Peterson cuts and even after the knee injury he still uses that quick cut move...but Rose Cuts are quicker and sharper and MORE OFTEN! So yes it is wise to maybe not even let Rose play this season if it is any type of setback during the rehabbing of that knee

What is the RUSH? I am willing to sacrifice a season to get Rose back 100%...But regardless just like Chris Paul and Tim Hardaway after their knee injuries, Rose is going to have to CHANGE HIS GAME, he is going to have to become a more CONSISTENT SHOOTER just like those two did after their Knee Injuries, they too was quick and explosive and have amazing crossovers and all that stuff and was able to get to the basket anytime they wanted to, but after the Knee Injuries I think you RISK RE-INJURING that Knee if you try to play the exact same way as you did before the injury...Rose was already becoming a better shooter so I think he will be fine, what the Bulls also need to do is ADD ANOTHER SCORER/GO TO GUY to take the pressure off of Rose and so Rose doesn't feel the need to have to DO EVERYTHING when he comes back

YEAP! Peterson is just a FREAK OF NATURE, his injury would have ended most RB's careers back in the day, Peterson looks better then ever right now, haven't lost a step at all, what he is doing is just AMAZING!

No rush, I conceded the season last spring when the FO decided to do their FA shopping off the clearance racks.

You're right, the team isn't built properly anyways.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
why not? we're not winning regardless....better to be safe than sorry

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I keep hearing Rose may not return until damn near Spring. Why is it that Adrian Peterson did it in 6 months, yet they seem to be babying Rose. I've had my left ACL replaced, and it doesn't take that long to return to almost 100%.
That's the thing. I don't want Rose at 80%, 90%, or even 99%. I want him fully recovered and at 100%. No less. Too much has been put on him to be anything less than that.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
But regardless just like Chris Paul and Tim Hardaway after their knee injuries, Rose is going to have to CHANGE HIS GAME, he is going to have to become a more CONSISTENT SHOOTER just like those two did after their Knee Injuries, they too was quick and explosive and have amazing crossovers and all that stuff and was able to get to the basket anytime they wanted to, but after the Knee Injuries I think you RISK RE-INJURING that Knee if you try to play the exact same way as you did before the injury
He needs to develop a post game.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Adrian Peterson was injured in late December and cleared to get hit in late August. That's 8 months. He looked like 75% of himself to start the season and I'd say he's 90% of what he used to be right now. Who knows if he'll ever get to 100%? Rose returning around January would be normal.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Basketball & Football are apples & oranges. It is typically longer for a basketball player to recover from an ACL tear than a football player simply because you are constantly running, cutting, jumping, & landing (sometimes akwardly) for long stretches during the game. Most RB's aren't even on the field for every single down & even so, a typical down last 3-5 seconds. APete is certainly a freak of nature, but the wear & tear he places on his legs during the game does not match what Rose does on any given night.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
I haven't really looked at the team since June, at which time I wasn't thrilled w/the direction the FO was taking...now I'm not all that concerned with any timeframe for a Rose return:shrug:. I am reminded of the 1995 season, when Jordan came back in early March only to fall short to Horace Grant and the Magic.

Then I look at the current team, and realize we still don't even have a Pippen, Hinrich seems like the equivalent of when the Bears brought back Chris Harris at this point.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Once again, it all comes down to bringing him back 100% healthy.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd rather tank the year and not bring him back until the start of the 2014 season than bring him back too early and risk further damaging his ACL.

BrudderBear

Mr House,Mojave Wasteland
Donator
Liked Posts:
Re: A Year For an ACL, Why?.

Think of it this way. Rose is the modern day MJ to this city. Obviously not equivalent in talent, but as being a face or an icon to the city, he is. We cant risk his career.going down the drain because he gets hurt again. Thats why i personally wouldnt care if he misses the whole season.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I'd rather tank the year and not bring him back until the start of the 2014 season than bring him back too early and risk further damaging his ACL.

This always cracks me up. No one is tanking anything. Even without Rose this team will be competitive & make the playoffs. It's like people think without Rose, every other Bulls player & coaches included are just going to throw the towel in & merely just show up to games. It's not in the make-up of any player on this team to quit, so tanking ISN'T & never was an option.