Analyzing the Major Wright Pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll become better in coverage. Or maybe Angelo was preparing for a future season where there isn't a cover 2 defense in Chicago....

Ehh. If Lovie goes, I believe Angelo would as well. Therefore, I doubt it.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll become better in coverage. Or maybe Angelo was preparing for a future season where there isn't a cover 2 defense in Chicago....
If you're trying to say that only a Cover 2 defense needs a FS who can cover... any defense, regardless of what's being run, needs an impact FS.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you're trying to say that only a Cover 2 defense needs a FS who can cover... any defense, regardless of what's being run, needs an impact FS.

Don't the Steelers run a 3-4 and Polamalu is a FS?

Lefty

Liked Posts:

Yeah, but the thing is that the Cover 2 works REALLY well when run properly with the proper personnel (which don't even have to be the cream of the crop in the NFL). It's just been that Lovie has continued to force this defense on a squad that isn't aptly prepared to run it.

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
True, but who's to say another coaching staff couldn't develop a safety better than says the current Chicago staff who has continued to prove year in and year out that they really don't develop players.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
And remember, Chris Harris can help his development.

RustedShut

Liked Posts:
It will be interesting to see who has a better career - Morgan Burnett or Wright.

Manticore

Liked Posts:
I personally liked the pick. Morgan Burnett was the safer pick,and it could be argued that trading up would have been the thing to do, but a lot of people had Wright ranked higher than Burnett. All of Wrights' attributes tend to show that he could be effective in the cover two, his "coverage skills" are supposedly lacking because of the Cover 1(or whatever you want to call it) that Florida ran. In Florida all he was supposed to do was,see ball,get ball,hit ball. He's got the physical tools to be a good cover guy imo. I like the tandem of Harris and Wright,if in fact that is the tandem we'll see this year. It'll all come down to how much pressue the front 4 can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.