Who'd you rather have the Bulls face in the first round?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
For me, it's a no-brainer --

be813_graphic_design_brooklyn_nets_logo_detail_secondary.jpg

Noah would be able to contain Lopez (who's surprisingly been their best player). If Rose comes back and is able to get close to where he was at before his injury (I'm fully aware that will take some time), there's a zero percent chance Williams can stay in front of him. And the rest of that roster is just trash. I think it'd be a relatively easy series. The Knicks would kind of concern me because they can get hot in an instant with how many perimeter scorers they have. And as the Bulls showed in their horrific 29% shooting effort earlier in the week, playing from a sizable deficit isn't their strong suit.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
For me, it's a no-brainer --

be813_graphic_design_brooklyn_nets_logo_detail_secondary.jpg

Noah would be able to contain Lopez (who's surprisingly been their best player). If Rose comes back and is able to get close to where he was at before his injury (I'm fully aware that will take some time), there's a zero percent chance Williams can stay in front of him. And the rest of that roster is just trash. I think it'd be a relatively easy series. The Knicks would kind of concern me because they can get hot in an instant with how many perimeter scorers they have. And as the Bulls showed in their horrific 29% shooting effort earlier in the week, playing from a sizable deficit isn't their strong suit.
Define "contain".

Historically Lopez has gone for 17ppg and 8rpg vs Noah

That being said I agree Brooklyn would be the best matchup. Williams and Johnson are nicked up, and guys like Gerald Wallace, Marshon Brooks and Kris Humphries have been really disappointing this year.

All that being said..none of this matters are the Bulls have no shot at the Finals so making a deep playoff run means nothing. A lottery pick would have been much better.

Last edited:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Define "contain".

Historically Lopez has gone for 17ppg and 8rpg vs Noah

That being said I agree Brooklyn would be the best matchup. Williams and Johnson are nicked up, and guys like Gerald Wallace, Marshon Brooks and Kris Humphries have been really disappointing this year.

The last game these two teams played, Boozer and Noah were both out and Lopez went for 20 and 10. I'm not saying Lopez is going to go 3 for 14 or something ridiculous like that, but Noah, with the help of Gibson, are generally able to neutralize the Nets' ability to play inside-out. Part of that is because of how horrible Deron Williams has played this year. When you throw Rose back into the mix, I think that gives us a sizable edge. Again, this is more of a matchup preference on my part. New York's shooting ability scares me, because that can swing leads in a matter of three minutes.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The last game these two teams played, Boozer and Noah were both out and Lopez went for 20 and 10. I'm not saying Lopez is going to go 3 for 14 or something ridiculous like that, but Noah, with the help of Gibson, are generally able to neutralize the Nets' ability to play inside-out. Part of that is because of how horrible Deron Williams has played this year. When you throw Rose back into the mix, I think that gives us a sizable edge. Again, this is more of a matchup preference on my part. New York's shooting ability scares me, because that can swing leads in a matter of three minutes.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=noahjo01&p2=lopezbr01

Outside of Lopez rookie season..he's been really good vs Noah for the most part.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
anyone except the Heat or Pacers

ChiSouthSideBrad721

Captain Kirk!
Liked Posts:
Brooklyn or Milwaukee! That way i could drive up to Wisconsin and fight a buck fan :) lol jk

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well I guess we're effed no matter what regardless so :dunno:

:derbulls:

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
anyone except the Heat or Pacers
This is the correct answer, imo. I'm not sure the Bulls match up well against either team. However, I'd take a harder 1st round matchup for a better 2nd round matchup anyday. If the Bulls have a chance, they are not going to plow through all the good teams in the playoffs. They just won't have the energy it appears. They'll need a good bracket matchup and a big series to get to the finals, imo.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the correct answer, imo. I'm not sure the Bulls match up well against either team. However, I'd take a harder 1st round matchup for a better 2nd round matchup anyday. If the Bulls have a chance, they are not going to plow through all the good teams in the playoffs. They just won't have the energy it appears. They'll need a good bracket matchup and a big series to get to the finals, imo.
They are not getting to the finals.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
They are not getting to the finals.
Whatever, you fuckin Nostradomus MF's kill me. Besides, where the fuck did I say it was a lock for the Bulls to get there??? Imo, you're just another weak ass Bulls fan that's tanking on the team during the worst time of the season.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The chances are slim. But to say they wont get to the finals. I'm not so sure. You never know which contending team's star player might get hurt in the first round.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
The chances are slim. But to say they wont get to the finals. I'm not so sure. You never know which contending team's star player might get hurt in the first round.
Not just that, but what fan want's this? Let alone want's to preach it. I'm too much of a competitor to ever admit defeat until someones beats me, period! Any other reasoning, imo, is that of a loser.

Last edited:

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
I would say the Bulls should get the 7th seed to play against the Pacers in the first round.

If the Bulls beat them then they will make the ECF and you don't know what can happen there. If the Pacers beat the Bulls, the Bulls will have a better lottery pick.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I would say the Bulls should get the 7th seed to play against the Pacers in the first round.

If the Bulls beat them then they will make the ECF and you don't know what can happen there. If the Pacers beat the Bulls, the Bulls will have a better lottery draft pick.
FTFY

No lottery for playoff teams.

Anyways, the draft order for playoff teams is determined before the playoffs. The lottery is held around the 2ndrd/CFs. The lottery only determines the order for the worst 14 teams.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
at this point, as much as I hate it, Derrick is better off sitting out the rest of the season. There is really no point right now in him coming back. We don't have that many games left, the only purpose at this point to bring him back would be to warm him up for the post season and with our injuries, we won't beat the heat anyway. Derrick being healthy and ready to go next year is all that matters.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whatever, you fuckin Nostradomus MF's kill me. Besides, where the fuck did I say it was a lock for the Bulls to get there??? Imo, you're just another weak ass Bulls fan that's tanking on the team during the worst time of the season.

Dude you know nothing about me and how far I go back with the Bulls. I've been here from Reggie Theus to today. I'm nowhere near a "weak ass" Bulls fan. I just see something you're not seeing through your rose colored glasses. This team isn't good enough. Rose won't make that big of an impact, especially if he doesn't trust his body. This team, the way they are playing will be lucky to get past the first round.

That's reality. They have to pull it together or they could fall to 7th or worse 8th and face the heat in the first round. And we can set our watches by how that would turn out.