How To Not Write Like A Schmuck 101

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
do u know how to drive stick.

if i were u i would use the stock clutch and once u learn to shift well, stage up.

I'll dry shift a bit once I get it, then learn more when in June. Supposedly the clutch is tight.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i hate stick

its outdated imo

automatic ftw

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
now for everyday cars auto is the way to go....especially in chicago. but toy cars should always be stick

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I like sticks better for Stangs...give it a bit more swagger.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Back on track.

I'd love to see the writing on the homepage improve.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can post my article, lol.
fail-boat.jpg

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
That contract must have allowed for previous experience to count in salary. I cannot think of another plausible explanation. This also implies the district administrators really valued experience during hiring (rather than an inexperienced, less expensive route). Not that I'm implying one way is better than the other, but those are the choices district made.

This exists where I work as well (if the teacher has an abundance in degrees/graduate hours, years experience, a paying coaching/sponsorship gig). It does take time to get there, though. How is this any different in the business world? Don't these types of people (well paid and flat-out dumb) exist there, too?

Don't blame teachers/union for this - blame your local school board. It's the board that is responsible for arranging administration salary.

That's the rhetoric that accompanies any profession's management/union contract negotiations - "overworked and underpaid" and "there's no funds." If the public's children weren't involved, then maybe the outcry wouldn't be as publicized. How often/How loud is the outcry when steelworkers are unhappy and are pursuing a labor stoppage?

As you see the error of your ways (painting broad generalizations across the landscape of a profession), I will concede that there are plenty of whiners in this profession, no doubt. I see it firsthand. But again, I ask, how different is this from the business world? There aren't any whiners there? Or, am I making the same type of generalization error?

Exactly right...and there is a price for this.

Lowest Common Denominator as well...no doubt similar to many CEOs.

It must be. I cannot see a starting teacher salary (1st year, no experience, no masters) equaling 70k four to six years ago (guesstimating when Lefty graduated high school - sorry if I'm off, Lefty) . Not even in Dupage County (you know, the #1 county in the Chicagoland area) :D.

Is it really? :yeah: