OT: Rondo Exposed

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
400px-CAT_325_Raupenbagger.JPG

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is stupid because both are great players. I think there is something to be said for too many stars though, and that each one added has less value by subtraction of other stars opportunities.

A guard that drives, scores, and gets to the line plus a big that gets 20 rebounds and scores easy buckets and gets fouled alot is a timeless formula. Just add a 3-point spreader, a slashing verstile SM, and depth for championships.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I say Rondo is a scrub-because he is a lazy player. Yup, I said it Rondo is UNDENIABLY LAZY.

I am sorry-any, and I mean any player who put forth even a modicum of effort could improve their FT Percentage. There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for a Guard even at a HS Junior Varsity level to not even be able to crack 65% from the line. It is a testament to his lazy work ethic when it comes to addressing his weaknesses in practice.

Shaq even later said that he wanted to play with the Celtics prior to his retirement, because he wanted to, if even for only a few games, not be the worst FT shooter on his team. When he went to Boston, thanks to Rondo, he was finally able to say that for the first time in his life.

OK seriously, can someone here please explain how in the hell does a PROFESSIONAL POINT GUARD HAVE A CAREER FT PERCENTAGE OF 62?

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is stupid because both are great players. I think there is something to be said for too many stars though, and that each one added has less value by subtraction of other stars opportunities.

A guard that drives, scores, and gets to the line plus a big that gets 20 rebounds and scores easy buckets and gets fouled alot is a timeless formula. Just add a 3-point spreader, a slashing verstile SM, and depth for championships.

Name me one "Great Player" who was a point guard and could not even crack .650 from the line?

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
And I can almost guarantee that if Rondo continues to average 11 assists per game he is going to be a hall of famer.

I don´t like how many guys get into the hall or are supposed to get into it right now.

Rondo has a high assist number and he gets good steal and rebound numbers, too. But beside that he is far far away from a hofer!

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I say Rondo is a scrub-because he is a lazy player. Yup, I said it Rondo is UNDENIABLY LAZY.

I am sorry-any, and I mean any player who put forth even a modicum of effort could improve their FT Percentage. There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for a Guard even at a HS Junior Varsity level to not even be able to crack 65% from the line. It is a testament to his lazy work ethic when it comes to addressing his weaknesses in practice.

Shaq even later said that he wanted to play with the Celtics prior to his retirement, because he wanted to, if even for only a few games, not be the worst FT shooter on his team. When he went to Boston, thanks to Rondo, he was finally able to say that for the first time in his life.

OK seriously, can someone here please explain how in the hell does a PROFESSIONAL POINT GUARD HAVE A CAREER FT PERCENTAGE OF 62?
:clap:

Thank you!!!!!

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don´t like how many guys get into the hall or are supposed to get into it right now.

Rondo has a high assist number and he gets good steal and rebound numbers, too. But beside that he is far far away from a hofer!
Rondo? Hall of fame?
:andruw:

:enough:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When you are a top 20 player out of 400+ players in the freaking NBA, you are not a scrub.

Anyone who would call Rajon Rondo a scrub is the very definition of a hater.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was aided by having three HOF teammates. One leaves and the rest gets old and they suck. He's supposed to be so great that he can duplicate his success with lesser talent and he isn't. Yet when he goes down, Avery Bradley steps in and they start winning. Coincidence? I think not.

And his "Top 4 PG" was ALWAYS a gross overrating of him. Now we are seeing it.

Anyone who thinks he isn't a scrub needs to go learn something.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
He was aided by having three HOF teammates. One leaves and the rest gets old and they suck. He's supposed to be so great that he can duplicate his success with lesser talent and he isn't. Yet when he goes down, Avery Bradley steps in and they start winning. Coincidence? I think not.

And his "Top 4 PG" was ALWAYS a gross overrating of him. Now we are seeing it.

Anyone who thinks he isn't a scrub needs to go learn something.

Lol at this dude ignoring his own hypocrisy...pointed out...in this thread.

YOUR WORDS HOMIE! YOU called Rondo a great pg. Stop the madness.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

“I said to myself a long time ago from sitting here watching…I saw Patrick Ewing get traded. I saw Dominique Wilkins get traded. Everyone is tradeable, you could probably get a lot for Rajon Rondo but he is the heart and soul of the team. I don’t think that would be a good idea.

If I was the general manager, I wouldn’t do it. [Hosts: You would not do it?] No. [Hosts: Even if it was for Chris Paul?] Chris Paul is not better than Rajon Rondo… Rajon Rondo is the true definition of a point guard, period. He gets everybody involved and he scores when he has to. Chris Paul scores a lot of points, but when was the last time they made it to the playoffs? Thank you very much.”

What was that you said about Shaq wanting to play with Boston? That is what Shaq stated...I don't agree with him but that is how he feels about Rondo...

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
He said that Brook Lopez is better than Howard. Now I read that he said that RR is better than CP3. wow. How stupid?

If he had written that in a message board, someone would have said to him "Have you ever played basketball bro?" :lmao:

I get it when something is debatable and someone has his opinion. But Shaq is just awful. What's next? Saying that Boozer is better than Griffin?

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
“I said to myself a long time ago from sitting here watching…I saw Patrick Ewing get traded. I saw Dominique Wilkins get traded. Everyone is tradeable, you could probably get a lot for Rajon Rondo but he is the heart and soul of the team. I don’t think that would be a good idea.

If I was the general manager, I wouldn’t do it. [Hosts: You would not do it?] No. [Hosts: Even if it was for Chris Paul?] Chris Paul is not better than Rajon Rondo… Rajon Rondo is the true definition of a point guard, period. He gets everybody involved and he scores when he has to. Chris Paul scores a lot of points, but when was the last time they made it to the playoffs? Thank you very much.”

What was that you said about Shaq wanting to play with Boston? That is what Shaq stated...I don't agree with him but that is how he feels about Rondo...

Shaq talks the dumbest shit from all so called "experts"!

Great as an entertainer but a :turrible: analyst!

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

i remember this statement...it was full of stupid

1. the Hornets made the playoffs that year
2. you put rondo on that Hornets team and they dont make the playoffs...the 2nd best player was David West lol

im torn on CP3 or Rose being the best PG in the league...my homerism leans me toward Rose

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
i remember this statement...it was full of stupid

1. the Hornets made the playoffs that year
2. you put rondo on that Hornets team and they dont make the playoffs...the 2nd best player was David West lol

im torn on CP3 or Rose being the best PG in the league...my homerism leans me toward Rose

Right...that was not the reason for posting that quote. The reason I posted the quote was because someone gave an untrue account of why Shaq went to Boston. It had nothing to do with free throws. He thought Rondo could help him win another title...big difference.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right...that was not the reason for posting that quote. The reason I posted the quote was because someone gave an untrue account of why Shaq went to Boston. It had nothing to do with free throws. He thought Rondo could help him win another title...big difference.

Yeah Rondo .......... + Garnett + Allen + Pierce!

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
For all the people that always dog on people with a bad FT % obviously don't take in count hand size. It's hard to shoot free throws when you have huge hands....