OT: Rondo Exposed

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Those last three were just along for the Rondo Championship Cruise. Oh wait.

That Michael Jordan needed Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, and 3 of the best shooters in NBA history to win his first championship. What a scrub

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For all the people that always dog on people with a bad FT % obviously don't take in count hand size. It's hard to shoot free throws when you have huge hands....

That is a lame excuse. Do you know who else had huge hands? Jordan. And his FT% was just fine

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That Michael Jordan needed Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, and 3 of the best shooters in NBA history to win his first championship. What a scrub
Mike was still a one man show for the most part in that first championship season. Scottie was a good compliment and Grant was solid. And who are these 3 best shooters in NBA history you speak of?

John Paxson?
Craig Hodges?
BJ Armstrong?
Dennis Hopson?
Will Perdue
Cliff Levingston?
Stacey King?
Scott Williams?

Please tell me because I'm sure you're not talking about these guys? Granted Paxson has a great Finals series, but that was due to him being WIDE open due to Jordan commanding all of the defensive attention. Jordan was the LONE all-star on that team. Scottie didn't break out as a complete player until the next season. I mean seriously the things people say.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mike was still a one man show for the most part in that first championship season. Scottie was a good compliment and Grant was solid. And who are these 3 best shooters in NBA history you speak of?

John Paxson?
Craig Hodges?
BJ Armstrong?
Dennis Hopson?
Will Perdue
Cliff Levingston?
Stacey King?
Scott Williams?

Please tell me because I'm sure you're not talking about these guys? Granted Paxson has a great Finals series, but that was due to him being WIDE open due to Jordan commanding all of the defensive attention. Jordan was the LONE all-star on that team. Scottie didn't break out as a complete player until the next season. I mean seriously the things people say.
No he wasn't.

Pippen made the ASG, also was All NBA 2nd team Defensive player. Edit..nvm..Pippen was an AS the season before in 89-90. Missed 90-91 and then went on a streak of making them. Even still Pippen was obviously still an AS caliber player. It's no tlike he fell of the face of the earth. He was better in 91 than 90..he just didn't make the ASG. Not sure that really matters?

Yeah sure Pippen was better the following season but in 90-91 he was still good for 18-7-6 on 52% shooting.

I kind of see your point in regards to that team was still ascending and that I don't think they had 3 of the greatest shooters in NBA history on that team(even though that's kind of an ambiguous claim..one of the 3 best 100 shooters? 50? 10? 5? 250?) etc..but either way....

Last edited:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
B.J. Armstrong and Craig Hodges (as useless as he was) are 2 of the best shooters in NBA history in regard to 3pt shooting FG%. John Paxson was a great clutch shooter in general and was definitely one of the notable 3-pt shooters in the league during the 80's/90's.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

John Paxson?
Craig Hodges?
BJ Armstrong?
Dennis Hopson?
Will Perdue
Cliff Levingston?
Stacey King?
Scott Williams?

Pippen broke out in the 1991 playoffs- not the following season. Jordan also had the greatest coaching staff in the history of the damn league.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
B.J. Armstrong and Craig Hodges (as useless as he was) are 2 of the best shooters in NBA history in regard to 3pt shooting FG%. John Paxson was a great clutch shooter in general and was definitely one of the notable 3-pt shooters in the league during the 80's/90's.

Armstrong..sure. 10th all time. Hodges is along side guys like Eric Piatkowski and James Jones. Sure you have guys like Glen Rice and Ray Allen there too. But Hodges is like 40th all time. Paxson is 211th all time.

Where in these rankings do you have to sit to be "one of the best ever". It's an ambiguous and arbitrary cut off.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
That is a lame excuse. Do you know who else had huge hands? Jordan. And his FT% was just fine

It isn't because I have large hands and it is harder to shoot free throws. There is always an exception. Just an FYI I think Shaq and Dwight have slightly large hands than Michael

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pippen broke out in the 1991 playoffs- not the following season. Jordan also had the greatest coaching staff in the history of the damn league.
Pippen was good that playoff run for the first time in his career to that point, but his best run was the next regular season and playoffs. That 91 run was MOSTLY Jordan.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Pippen was good that playoff run for the first time in his career to that point, but his best run was the next regular season and playoffs. That 91 run was MOSTLY Jordan.

I guess you didn't watch the 91 playoffs.
It was Pippen who showed the most disceplin in the conference finals agaainst the Pistons.
Pippens defense stifled the Pistons.
Oh yeah, and it was Pippen who turned the tables against the Lakers when he was put on Magic on defense.
Also Pippen was the leading scorer in the final game 5 whic won the championship....
To say the 91 season was all Jordan is a lie...........just saying bro.
Carry on......carry on....

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Yeah Rondo .......... + Garnett + Allen + Pierce!

Who did Magic have? Who did Cousy have? Name a point guard who won a title by themselves? I would love to see that list. Knocking Rondo for playing with all stars is like knocking knocking a quarterback because he has great receivers.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Who did Magic have? Who did Cousy have? Name a point guard who won a title by themselves? I would love to see that list. Knocking Rondo for playing with all stars is like knocking knocking a quarterback because he has great receivers.

Allen Iverson

Sent from Neverwhere using Taptalk

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Allen Iverson

Sent from Neverwhere using Taptalk

iverson never won a title...and he was a SG

but he did make the finals with a crappy roster