OT: Rondo Exposed

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Celtics are 12-4 without Rondo.

20-23 before his injury.

Fans of other teams always rode hard on Derrick Rose for the Bulls having good records without him. They would prop Rondo up and a guy who was carrying his team and say stupid shit like that. No here they have lost Rondo for the year and look at their record before he got injured and after.

I think it's safe to say that he is vastly overrated and a scrub as I called him years ago.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Celtics are 12-4 without Rondo.

20-23 before his injury.

Fans of other teams always rode hard on Derrick Rose for the Bulls having good records without him. They would prop Rondo up and a guy who was carrying his team and say stupid shit like that. No here they have lost Rondo for the year and look at their record before he got injured and after.

I think it's safe to say that he is vastly overrated and a scrub as I called him years ago.

Let's see how they do in the playoffs.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's see how they do in the playoffs.

They are going to lose, just like the Bulls. But if Rose is overrated because of how well his team plays without him, then the same logic applies to Rondo. That's all I'm saying.

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
Rose is overrated because of how well this team plays without him????? Who said that? :lmao:
The way that this team plays without him proves the opposite.
This team sucks big time without him.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Rose is overrated because of how well this team plays without him????? Who said that? :lmao:
The way that this team plays without him proves the opposite.
This team sucks big time without him.

Tons of Rose haters say that.

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
Have they ever watched the Bulls without Rose?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Have they ever watched the Bulls without Rose?

:shrug:

Don't shoot the messenger. They're Special person for all of the reasons they come up with to hate on Rose.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
The Bulls and the Celts are built differently as well. This is a stoopid comparison, imo.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Unbelievable...

People saying the Bulls are better without Rose for whatever reason justifies the belief that the Celtics are better without Rondo...and Rondo's a scrub?

And said author of this thread stated on this forum that Rondo was NOT a scrub...he just called him one because he didn't like him.

Which one is it? Please pick a lane...

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
lol bulls with Rose, #1 seed two straight years best record 1 of those and 2nd best the other. Without him, they are a 5 seed and a few games above .500. It isn't like they won a few more games without derrick....plus a big reason why they maintain success is because thibs is one of the three(in my opinion) best coaches in the league.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stupid.

Pau is not a scrub when he gets injured and the Lakers go on a tear without him.

Neither is Rondo.

Basketball is not played in a vacuum.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rondo to me is a scrub. Not because they went on to win without him. But as I said, Rondo trolls used to say shit like he is the best player on this team when he had three hall of fame players to pass and pad his assists to. Never mind the fact that Rose owns his ass every time they played. They would say how the Bulls having a good record is proof of how overrated Rose is. If that's the case, doesn't that same ridiculous logic apply to Rondo as well?

One thing is for sure, Rose will be in the Hall and Rondo will be at the ceremony.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sometimes I wonder if there is an agreement between Rondo and his teammates that they have to shoot the ball when they get it from him.

They often take contested shots instead of playing the clock and look for a better shot.

The egos get their shots and Rondo gets his assists. :shrug:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sometimes I wonder if there is an agreement between Rondo and his teammates that they have to shoot the ball when they get it from him.

They often take contested shots instead of playing the clock and look for a better shot.

The egos get their shots and Rondo gets his assists. :shrug:

I'm an unapologetic Rondo hater...but I did remember reading something about how his teammates hated the fact that he'd pass up open shots hoping to get an assist.

Doc asked about Rondo passing up shots
Bob Ryan wrote this today
A player can wrap up his identity in “assisting” to the degree that it can become counterproductive. He passes up shots he should take in the hopes of getting an assist. He will not make the proverbial pass-before-the-pass that would lead to someone else getting the assist. He pounds the ball for 20 or more seconds on the 24-second clock before perhaps taking it to the hoop in the hopes of an 11th-hour drive-and-dish assist, perhaps in a hopeless situation.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Rondo to me is a scrub. Not because they went on to win without him. But as I said, Rondo trolls used to say shit like he is the best player on this team when he had three hall of fame players to pass and pad his assists to. Never mind the fact that Rose owns his ass every time they played. They would say how the Bulls having a good record is proof of how overrated Rose is. If that's the case, doesn't that same ridiculous logic apply to Rondo as well?

One thing is for sure, Rose will be in the Hall and Rondo will be at the ceremony.

If the logic is ridiculous...why did you start this ridiculous thread with such ridiculous logic? And I can almost guarantee that if Rondo continues to average 11 assists per game he is going to be a hall of famer.

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
Also if Rose returns nothing like what he was before the injury but as an above average player, or if he gets injured again, he won't be a hall of famer for sure.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
rondo cares more about a triple double than a win