Bears Free Agent News/Rumors

Spear

Corpus callosotomy
Liked Posts:
Fuck no. No one can ink a contract until Tuesday. If a top ranked FA agrees to a contract th ree days before FA starts I will personally lick bear26's balls

Not that i think a ton will happen tonight, but they can still "agree to terms" and announce it prior to tuesday.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't see how you can go wrong with a guard named after erectile dysfunction medication.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
Not that i think a ton will happen tonight, they can still "agree to terms" and announce it prior to tuesday.

A top ranked FA gains nothing by it, and a team is risking a lot signing a player they have never even talked to, to the mega deal it would require to immediately convince him he doesn't need to even hear the offers of all his potential suitors. It's totally inane to think that Levitre's agent will agree to a deal with the Bears tonight, without letting Levitre shop his wares, without bargaining at all, without Levitre even talking to the organization, etc. People are getting way, way carried away with this negotiating window.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
Windy, how about-

Webb, Levitre, Fredrick, Louis (garza if not healthy), Fluker.

I dig that. Put Webb on a one year prove it plan.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
Although I'm not sure Fredrick drops to round 2 to us and I doubt we go OL in one and 2, but we'd be set for almost 10 years if all panned out.

Spear

Corpus callosotomy
Liked Posts:
A top ranked FA gains nothing by it, and a team is risking a lot signing a player they have never even talked to, to the mega deal it would require to immediately convince him he doesn't need to even hear the offers of all his potential suitors. It's totally inane to think that Levitre's agent will agree to a deal with the Bears tonight, without letting Levitre shop his wares, without bargaining at all, without Levitre even talking to the organization, etc. People are getting way, way carried away with this negotiating window.

I understand your point and agree that its in their best intrests to be thorough and entertain all offers, but every year there are guys who sign within mintues/hours of the signing period opening.

Just because they now have this pre-signing window doesnt mean teams havent been in contact with players already. We will see shortly i guess.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Fuck no. No one can ink a contract until Tuesday. If a top ranked FA agrees to a contract three days before FA starts I will personally lick bear26's balls

Stay away from my balls. Some top free agents will sign this weekend

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
SWEEEEEET

Andy Levitre - G - Bills The Chicago Sun Times reports that the Bears are expected to be involved in the bidding for free agent OG Andy Levitre.
Levitre, 27 in May, has now been linked to Chicago and Tennessee, with Detroit also floated as a less likely suitor. He'd be a great addition to a Bears offensive line that has experienced interior woes several seasons running. Bears GM Phil Emery may target Levitre first, and treat Brandon Moore as a fallback option. Related: Bears
Rotoworld
:elephant:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
give me Levitre and a top 5 TE from this group Keller, Finley, Cook, F.Davis, Bennett and I will be ecstatic. We can then use Kromer and our first round pick to get better on the o-line at tackle.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If this happens Brown can stand in at RG until Louis is ready.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Re: Bears to be in bidding for Bills G Andy Levitre

Stay away from my balls. Some top free agents will sign this weekend

To teams that will lose draft picks.

No it doesn't quite work that way... There will be some agreements but often every year it moves slowly day to day as the market value gets adjusted to player demands.

Sent from Neverwhere using Taptalk