Do You Hate Gary Bettman?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Both Seattle and Portland would embrace either team.

Oh definitely. I've found that hockey fans are frequently soccer fans as well, and vice-versa. Given the rabid following those two MLS teams have garnered, I imagine an NHL team wouldn't take long to thrive in those markets. Provided they weren't God-awful teams.

jcrab66

Liked Posts:
I hate him for the influx of cartoonish logos and pastel uniforms but that was 20 years ago so I should get over it so instead I will hate him for the stupid fucking conference realignment, even more stupid division names and the new playoff format....

Sent from the media deck using Tapatalk

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I hate him for the influx of cartoonish logos and pastel uniforms but that was 20 years ago so I should get over it so instead I will hate him for the stupid fucking conference realignment, even more stupid division names and the new playoff format....

Sent from the media deck using Tapatalk

FWIW, Columbus was in desperate need of the realignment and Detroit had been waiting a long time. Winnipeg in the Southeast Division was awful too.

Oh, and Playoff matchups in new format:
Boston vs. Detroit
Pittsburgh vs. Columbus
Tampa Bay vs. Montreal
New York R vs. Philadelphia
Anaheim vs. Dallas
Colorado vs. Minnesota
San Jose vs. Los Angeles
St. Louis vs. Chicago

Old format (with DET and CLS in East):
Boston vs. Detroit
Pittsburgh vs. Columbus
Tampa Bay vs. Philadelphia
Montreal vs. New York R
Anaheim vs. Dallas
Colorado vs. Minnesota
St. Louis vs. Los Angeles
San Jose vs. Chicago

Out of those, only one team's home ice status is different between the two and four matchups, or half, are the exact same regardless. Just more regionalized and only makes a difference in the first two rounds.

Not sure what is so awful about it... and do Division names really matter that much?