Dear Jerry, from a fan.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Sell the Bulls Jerry.
Please sir.
Do it for the fans.
You'll only be alive for like 15 to 20 more years.
Think of all the money you can stuff in you're account all at once.
You can then put a huge chunk of what you made selling the Bulls into you're beloved Sox.
What better way to live the rest of your days then with a pocket full of cash, more focus on the Sox, and the burden of the Bulls off your shoulders?
Do it for the fans.
Do it for the city of Chicago.
Do it for yourself.
Thanks Jerry.
I know you'll do the right thing.

Your friend, Sp94.
:smug:
Oh yeah, one more favor I must ask of you.
Please take PaxGar with you when you leave.
Maybe you could make use of them by having them put on puppet shows for you're grandchidrens birthday parties and family gatherings for shits and giggles.
I'm sure the kids would love them.

Thanks again sir.

Last edited:

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
God I hope he isn't alive for another 20 years

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
that what would he use to farm money for his sox?

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Keep Bulls Jerry Reinsdorf Out Of The Basketball Hall of Fame

by Jay Mariotti....................................

Presumably because Benny the Bull wasn’t available, Jerry Reinsdorf has been nominated for the Basketball Hall of Fame.
I count exactly one reason why this man should be anywhere near a shrine of hoops royalty: the ink in the pen with which he signed Michael Jordan’s paychecks.
Otherwise, I’d prefer voting for another nominee, Red Klotz, who*lost more than 13,000 times*to the Harlem Globetrotters with those ass clown Washington Generals, but at least created his own niche in the sport.
Reinsdorf is a basketball charlatan who straddled Jordan’s cape to prominence and riches but never acknowledged doing so, an interloper who said he values his lone World Series title as White Sox owner more than a monster six-pack of championships with the Bulls.
And yet*the headline on an NBA.com story this week*grouped Reinsdorf with the worthy Gary Payton and a former league executive, Russ Granik, as leaders of the 2013 class.
Imagine inducting someone into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame who not only disses basketball but minimizes one of the epic accomplishments in team sports.
Please do your research, voters.........................

People outside Chicago don’t understand that Reinsdorf did more to sabotage The Jordan Era—capital T, J and E—than help it.
Only because of Jordan’s indomitable will was he able to defeat his own owner, too.
It was Reinsdorf who refused to tear up and re-do Jordan’s ridiculously obsolete contract—eight years, $24 million—during the NBA’s boom era while other owners were happily restructuring the contracts of Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Patrick Ewing, and others.
It was Reinsdorf who let dysfunction run wildly throughout the dynasty, unable and often unwilling to soothe long-held tensions between warring factions—Jordan, Scottie Pippen, and Phil Jackson vs. the management migraine they loathed, Jerry Krause.

It was Reinsdorf who finally, upon the expiration of Jordan’s contract after multiple titles, only agreed to pay market value with a caveat that he hoped he didn’t regret the investment. It was Reinsdorf who let Krause, in his most laughable attempt to take credit for the dynasty, make the ill-timed potshot at Jordan before the final championship season that*“organizations win championships.”

It was Reinsdorf who said, foolishly, that he looked forward to starting his own dynasty with Krause while allowing The Jordan Era to crumble with, by my measure, at least two more rings left in it.

And it was Reinsdorf and Krause who could not attract any major free agents in the summers that followed—not Grant Hill, not Tim Duncan, not Tracy McGrady—and produced a humiliating 119-341 record over the next six seasons, among the worst stretches ever in American sports.
In that span, coach Tim Floyd was hired and famously fired on Christmas Eve while his wife and daughter sat on the floor of the Berto Center during a sparsely attended press conference (during which Krause yelled at me to “wipe that smirk off your face” as I entered the building covered in snow.)

Not until Reinsdorf got lucky and won Derrick Rose in a lottery—though not before the franchise seriously considered taking Michael Beasley—did the Bulls have any chance to be a real contender again.
And even now, as we await Rose’s return from knee surgery, it’s possible the front office has left the supporting cast too short of talent and offensive firepower to contend in a winnable Eastern Conference.
Such is Reinsdorf’s real legacy as an NBA owner: hollow and flim flam.
He had nothing to do with Jordan’s arrival in Chicago, having led the purchase of the team in 1985, a year after Jordan was drafted by Rod Thorn.
He squeezed everything he could financially from the Jordan phenomenon, using it to help build the United Center with Bill Wirtz and plotting 216 suites for the cavernous arena, including nosebleeds that are decent only for hockey—which would have been fine had he paid Jordan what he deserved instead of making him wait the full eight years.

Then Reinsdorf and his partners pocketed megaprofits from those ugly, low-payroll, post-Jordan seasons because fans still filled the UC, finally able to land seats after being shut out by the corporate sector during the dynasty.
It was a consumer scam, and in the final salvo, Reinsdorf didn’t give Jordan the piece of ownership he would have liked, which frustrated Jordan and led him to cut a player/management deal with the Washington Wizards, an unfortunate chapter that also, when you think about it, didn’t help the sport of basketball.
So why would anyone elect Jerry Reinsdorf to the Basketball Hall of Fame?
I have a measurement called the Jordan Tax, which, in my goofy world, is assessed annually to those whose careers and lives have been bettered via their associations with Jordan. The highest tax should be paid by Steve Kerr, who arrived as a journeyman, thrived with Jordan as a spot-up shooter, hit a shot to win a championship, won a total of five rings, then went on to a career as an NBA general manager and TNT analyst.
Reinsdorf also would be very high on the Jordan Tax list.
He used Jordan and tried to claim he and his partners had something to do with the six titles, only to dump MJ while hallucinating that he and Krause could win their own six.

In truth, these last 14 mostly empty seasons only have exposed Reinsdorf as a basketball fraud.
Certainly, the Hall has a small but notable collection of team owners.

Foremost is Jerry Buss, who was smart and diligent enough to demand sustained excellence from the Los Angeles Lakers and, with Jackson as coach, produced two more championship runs after their Showtime dynasty of the 1980s.

A Chicago native, Jerry Colangelo, not only launched pro basketball in the Arizona desert and maintained success there but saved USA Basketball from itself in international competition.
Oh, how much easier and smoother things would have been if Jordan had been in their realm.
Much was revealed when Bulls management,*as outlined in a recent ChicagoSide piece, wouldn’t let the beloved public-address announcer, Ray Clay, perform his world-famous booming introduction of Jordan when he returned to Chicago with the Wizards.
It showed, again, that Reinsdorf was trying to fight Jordan more than appreciate the incredible blessing of having him.
I could make a better Hall of Fame case for Krause, who also is on the ballot.
At least he unearthed Pippen and Horace Grant, traded for Dennis Rodman and assembled a cast that was good enough to accompany Jordan for six titles.
All Reinsdorf did was smoke his cigar, rake in the profits, let office politics turn into rat poison, and show up for a Bob Costas interview after every championship.
In truth, Benny the Bull was a bigger part of it. I’d nominate him, but he’s currently preoccupied doing commercials for a new Liam Neeson movie.
Weird?
Not nearly as much as Jerry Reinsdorf being enshrined by a sport that should whistle him for, um, flopping........................................................................................

:beerbang:

RIGHT ON JAY...............RIGHT ON MAN.
ITS LIKE MR.MARRIOTTI TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH.

Last edited:

Freakyslow15

Liked Posts:
Duncan wasn't leaving San Antonio and it's a good thing we didn't get Grant Hill or Tracy McGrady back in '00.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Duncan wasn't leaving San Antonio and it's a good thing we didn't get Grant Hill or Tracy McGrady back in '00.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah I guess its a great thing we didn't get Pau Gasol, Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, Carmello Anthny, Jr Smith and Lebron James too.
Also was a great thing to loose Tyson Chandler and Ben Gordon...
And I just love how the Bulls made Ben Wallace the highest paid Bulls player of all time.
And the way Jerry and the boys drafted Tyrus Thomas over Lamarcus Aldridge was pure genius.

:troll:

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
If you think that ****** Mariotti (Ozzie was spot on about him and if Ozzie's right about something it's pretty certain) has anything relevant, accurate, or credible to right your IQ is probably 90 at the highest.

theTruth21

Liked Posts:
If you think that ****** Mariotti (Ozzie was spot on about him and if Ozzie's right about something it's pretty certain) has anything relevant, accurate, or credible to right your IQ is probably 90 at the highest.

and if you can't separate your dislike for a columnist from the the 100% true points in the article he's written, then you have the mental capacity of a 12 year old; I generally dislike Mariotti too, however he speaks truth in that article.

If you disagree, please back up your statement of him "not having anything relevant, accurate, or credible to right (sic)" with examples of what he said that was wrong....

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
and if you can't separate your dislike for a columnist from the the 100% true points in the article he's written, then you have the mental capacity of a 12 year old; I generally dislike Mariotti too, however he speaks truth in that article.

If you disagree, please back up your statement of him "not having anything relevant, accurate, or credible to right (sic)" with examples of what he said that was wrong....

:clap:

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Keep Bulls Jerry Reinsdorf Out Of The Basketball Hall of Fame

by Jay Mariotti....................................

Presumably because Benny the Bull wasn’t available, Jerry Reinsdorf has been nominated for the Basketball Hall of Fame.
I count exactly one reason why this man should be anywhere near a shrine of hoops royalty: the ink in the pen with which he signed Michael Jordan’s paychecks.
Otherwise, I’d prefer voting for another nominee, Red Klotz, who*lost more than 13,000 times*to the Harlem Globetrotters with those ass clown Washington Generals, but at least created his own niche in the sport.
Reinsdorf is a basketball charlatan who straddled Jordan’s cape to prominence and riches but never acknowledged doing so, an interloper who said he values his lone World Series title as White Sox owner more than a monster six-pack of championships with the Bulls.
And yet*the headline on an NBA.com story this week*grouped Reinsdorf with the worthy Gary Payton and a former league executive, Russ Granik, as leaders of the 2013 class.
Imagine inducting someone into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame who not only disses basketball but minimizes one of the epic accomplishments in team sports.
Please do your research, voters.........................

People outside Chicago don’t understand that Reinsdorf did more to sabotage The Jordan Era—capital T, J and E—than help it.
Only because of Jordan’s indomitable will was he able to defeat his own owner, too.
It was Reinsdorf who refused to tear up and re-do Jordan’s ridiculously obsolete contract—eight years, $24 million—during the NBA’s boom era while other owners were happily restructuring the contracts of Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Patrick Ewing, and others.
It was Reinsdorf who let dysfunction run wildly throughout the dynasty, unable and often unwilling to soothe long-held tensions between warring factions—Jordan, Scottie Pippen, and Phil Jackson vs. the management migraine they loathed, Jerry Krause.

It was Reinsdorf who finally, upon the expiration of Jordan’s contract after multiple titles, only agreed to pay market value with a caveat that he hoped he didn’t regret the investment. It was Reinsdorf who let Krause, in his most laughable attempt to take credit for the dynasty, make the ill-timed potshot at Jordan before the final championship season that*“organizations win championships.”

It was Reinsdorf who said, foolishly, that he looked forward to starting his own dynasty with Krause while allowing The Jordan Era to crumble with, by my measure, at least two more rings left in it.

And it was Reinsdorf and Krause who could not attract any major free agents in the summers that followed—not Grant Hill, not Tim Duncan, not Tracy McGrady—and produced a humiliating 119-341 record over the next six seasons, among the worst stretches ever in American sports.
In that span, coach Tim Floyd was hired and famously fired on Christmas Eve while his wife and daughter sat on the floor of the Berto Center during a sparsely attended press conference (during which Krause yelled at me to “wipe that smirk off your face” as I entered the building covered in snow.)

Not until Reinsdorf got lucky and won Derrick Rose in a lottery—though not before the franchise seriously considered taking Michael Beasley—did the Bulls have any chance to be a real contender again.
And even now, as we await Rose’s return from knee surgery, it’s possible the front office has left the supporting cast too short of talent and offensive firepower to contend in a winnable Eastern Conference.
Such is Reinsdorf’s real legacy as an NBA owner: hollow and flim flam.
He had nothing to do with Jordan’s arrival in Chicago, having led the purchase of the team in 1985, a year after Jordan was drafted by Rod Thorn.
He squeezed everything he could financially from the Jordan phenomenon, using it to help build the United Center with Bill Wirtz and plotting 216 suites for the cavernous arena, including nosebleeds that are decent only for hockey—which would have been fine had he paid Jordan what he deserved instead of making him wait the full eight years.

Then Reinsdorf and his partners pocketed megaprofits from those ugly, low-payroll, post-Jordan seasons because fans still filled the UC, finally able to land seats after being shut out by the corporate sector during the dynasty.
It was a consumer scam, and in the final salvo, Reinsdorf didn’t give Jordan the piece of ownership he would have liked, which frustrated Jordan and led him to cut a player/management deal with the Washington Wizards, an unfortunate chapter that also, when you think about it, didn’t help the sport of basketball.
So why would anyone elect Jerry Reinsdorf to the Basketball Hall of Fame?
I have a measurement called the Jordan Tax, which, in my goofy world, is assessed annually to those whose careers and lives have been bettered via their associations with Jordan. The highest tax should be paid by Steve Kerr, who arrived as a journeyman, thrived with Jordan as a spot-up shooter, hit a shot to win a championship, won a total of five rings, then went on to a career as an NBA general manager and TNT analyst.
Reinsdorf also would be very high on the Jordan Tax list.
He used Jordan and tried to claim he and his partners had something to do with the six titles, only to dump MJ while hallucinating that he and Krause could win their own six.

In truth, these last 14 mostly empty seasons only have exposed Reinsdorf as a basketball fraud.
Certainly, the Hall has a small but notable collection of team owners.

Foremost is Jerry Buss, who was smart and diligent enough to demand sustained excellence from the Los Angeles Lakers and, with Jackson as coach, produced two more championship runs after their Showtime dynasty of the 1980s.

A Chicago native, Jerry Colangelo, not only launched pro basketball in the Arizona desert and maintained success there but saved USA Basketball from itself in international competition.
Oh, how much easier and smoother things would have been if Jordan had been in their realm.
Much was revealed when Bulls management,*as outlined in a recent ChicagoSide piece, wouldn’t let the beloved public-address announcer, Ray Clay, perform his world-famous booming introduction of Jordan when he returned to Chicago with the Wizards.
It showed, again, that Reinsdorf was trying to fight Jordan more than appreciate the incredible blessing of having him.
I could make a better Hall of Fame case for Krause, who also is on the ballot.
At least he unearthed Pippen and Horace Grant, traded for Dennis Rodman and assembled a cast that was good enough to accompany Jordan for six titles.
All Reinsdorf did was smoke his cigar, rake in the profits, let office politics turn into rat poison, and show up for a Bob Costas interview after every championship.
In truth, Benny the Bull was a bigger part of it. I’d nominate him, but he’s currently preoccupied doing commercials for a new Liam Neeson movie.
Weird?
Not nearly as much as Jerry Reinsdorf being enshrined by a sport that should whistle him for, um, flopping........................................................................................

:beerbang:

RIGHT ON JAY...............RIGHT ON MAN.
ITS LIKE MR.MARRIOTTI TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH.

Then go join Jay, a disgraceful gossip columnist who was ran out of town.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Then go join Jay, a disgraceful gossip columnist who was ran out of town.

And pled no contest to stalking and beating up an ex-girlfriend to boot

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
that article is spot. on.

No it isn't. The article is all kinds of wrong. Reinsdorf deserves as much credit for those 6 titles as any other owner deserves for their titles. Some of you need to get over your mad on for JR and focus on the team. Reinsdorf deserves to be, and most likely will be in the HOF. By the way, go back and look at what the franchise accomplished BEFORE Reinsdorf showed up. People walked into the stadium without paying a dime. Under Reinsdorf's ownership, the franchise is one of the best known in all of sports...and that on a global level. Not even an argument to be had here.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
No it isn't. The article is all kinds of wrong. Reinsdorf deserves as much credit for those 6 titles as any other owner deserves for their titles. Some of you need to get over your mad on for JR and focus on the team. Reinsdorf deserves to be, and most likely will be in the HOF. By the way, go back and look at what the franchise accomplished BEFORE Reinsdorf showed up. People walked into the stadium without paying a dime. Under Reinsdorf's ownership, the franchise is one of the best known in all of sports...and that on a global level. Not even an argument to be had here.

No, Jordan made The Bulls the best known in sports on a global level.......
People in other countrys at the time probably didn't even know who Jerry was.
And I credit jerry krause for the bulls success back then more than I do Reinsdorff.
And that says a lot coming from me becuae I used to not like Krause much.
I hated Krause for trying to trade pippen for kemp, but at least krause eventually listened to reason thanks to Johnny Bach.
As a matter of fact I credit Johnny Bach for saving the franchise in the summer of 94.
If not for him, the 2 jerrys would of got rid of Pippen.
And it doesn't matter because if it wasn't for krause, we would of had Olden Polynice.
Thank God for Krause for trading picks to get Pippen.
Jerry Krause was the mastermind of the orginization and is the one responsible for building those championship teams.
yeah, and by the way, jay marrioittis article is pretty much spot on.
Nobody said you had to like it.
Me personally, I agree with him.

Oh yeah and by the way, Jerry Reinsdorff wasn't even the owner when Jordan was drafted so you can't credit him for that either.

AND THIS IS THE HOUSE THAT MIKE BUILT, NOT JR..............................

If Jordan hadn't have been drafted the year before JR bought the Bulls, Jerry and the Hall of Fame would not be being used in the same sentence today......The Bulls probably would still be on the level as an orginization as the Milwaukee Bucks are today only the Bucks would still have 1 more championship trophy and still no championship banners in the United Center today......Oh yeah, the Bulls would probably still be playing in the Old Stadium and the roof would be crumbling in over the empty seats right now because without Jordan there is no United Center or fans left to put money in Jerry Reinsdorffs pockets................Mike Jordan made the Bulls a product fans wanted to spend money on filling the seats.......Jerry should put Michael Jordan in his Last Will and Testimoy because JORDAN is responsible for most of JRs success as owner of the Bulls.

Mike made him.

Last edited:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
No, Jordan made The Bulls the best known in sports on a global level.......
People in other countrys at the time probably didn't even know who Jerry was.
And I credit jerry krause for the bulls success back then more than I do jerry.
I give Pippen more credit for making the bulls a household name than I do jerry reinsdorff.
And that says a lot coming from me.
I hated Krause for trying to trade pippen for kemp, but at least krause eventually listened to reason thanks to Johnny Bach.
As a matter of fact I credit Johnny Bach for saving the franchise in the summer of 94.
If not for him, the 2 jerrys would of got rid of Pippen.
And it doesn't matter because if it wasn't for krause, we would of had Olden Polynice.
}hank God for Krause for trading picks to get Pippen.
Oh yeah, and by the way, jay marrioittis article is pretty much spot on.
Nobody said you had to like it.
Me personally, I agree with him.

Oh yeah and by the way, Jerry Reinsdorff wasn't even the owner when Jordan was drafted so you can't credit him for that either.

Newsflash bruh...Buss didn't make the Lakers a household name either. And when he brought the franchise, they already had one of the top 5 players in league history on the roster...who'd win 5 MVPs in the 70's. So to the masses, Buss didn't make the Lakers big...Magic and Kareem did. Do you

If the Miami Heat win 3, 4 more titles, Mickey Arison will also be highly considered for HOF. What exactly did he do? Sign paychecks...that's it. William Davidson is in the hall of fame and so is Jerry Colangelo. Colangelo has never even won a title.

It's a no-brainer. Reinsdorf will and should go to the HOF eventually.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
LOL, there goes my man Fisch thanking your post like always.
WTF man........Are you carrying Fisch around in your backpack or somthing?
:andruw:

Last edited: