Is Bushrod really an upgrade?

OmiyalePants

More pink bars means
Liked Posts:
I want to know what Saints fans are saying about losing Bushrod/us getting Bushrod

if they're mad then thats a good sign

They sound real pissed off </sarcasm>.

"Cry like little biches and watch the sky fall.....

Or man-up and take a championship.

You decide.

What is all the panic..... Bushrod looked like crap in preseason and all the way through week 16 last year.

Constantly getting beat."

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
It sounds like they've been spoiled by good oline play. They've had a great offense for what seems like forever so...I guess its understandable

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Time will tell if PFF got it right or if the Bears did.
No it wont. PFF tells you what a player did, not what he is going to do. That's why PFF hasn't been asked to interview for any coaching or GM vacancies. Numbers junkies are not leaders of men.

Doug Grohlin

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm getting sick of PFF. That's like basing the quality of a concert by checking the decibels rather than listening.

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
Yes, the PFF stats don't take pass attempts into consideration. Also, they look at sacks, hits and hurries and credit Bushrod with 58 last year. So that total number is high, yet he only gave up 4.5 sacks. So in PFF world a hurry is very similar to a sack allowed. A hurry is when the DE just gets past the OT and runs really close to the QB without even touching him, but it looks like they forced a throw. That's a great block in my world.. a QB is hurried on almost every pass play that isn't a quick drop or smoke route.

I don't care if Bushrod doesn't stone every single guy on every single play. What OT does? I just want him to generally keep guys from unloading on our QB.

So... in my opinion sacks allowed is a the number one key stat and has more meaning than PFF's "pressures"

Bushrod --- 4.5 sacks allowed in 671 pass attempts
Webb ---- 9.0 sacks allowed in 485 pass attempts

These are facts.. Let them sink in.

Spear

Corpus callosotomy
Liked Posts:
They sound real pissed off </sarcasm>.

"Cry like little biches and watch the sky fall.....

Or man-up and take a championship.

You decide.

What is all the panic..... Bushrod looked like crap in preseason and all the way through week 16 last year.

Constantly getting beat."

Using this quote as an example is like someone using a quote of bearmick if cutler was let go. It was the most extreme post in that thread.

Overall it was a fairly mixed reaction.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Emery loves PFF and is a big stat geek.
That's because he is smart enough to know how to apply the stats. He realizes getting similar LT production, when the defenses focus vs New Orleans was to get to Brees while they ran a wide open 4 WR set offense and 200 more pass plays, is a significant improvement over a guy that couldnt do an adequate job with full protect help and a defense focused on the RB as the most dangerous weapon on the team.