[OT]Why do these teams exist?

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
Seriously. What's the reason of having these teams in the NBA?

Sacramento Kings
Charlotte Bobcats
Cleveland Cavaliers
Washington Wizzards

They will never make the playoffs, they will never make a trade that will put them in the picture, they will never sign a superstar. Their only hope is the lottery. And by hope I mean to make the playoffs.

Wouldn't it be better if the NBA had 26 teams instead of 30?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Sacramento Kings
Charlotte Bobcats
Cleveland Cavaliers
Washington Wizzards

They will never make the playoffs, they will never make a trade that will put them in the picture, they will never sign a superstar. Their only hope is the lottery. And by hope I mean to make the playoffs.

Wouldn't it be better if the NBA had 26 teams instead of 30?

The Kings and Wizards are two of the oldest NBA franchises. They are older than the Bulls. Cleveland was a much bigger city when they came about.

Bobcats..I have no idea why the fuck they exist other than Stern felt bad for the Hornets moving to New Orleans.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Why do the Clippers exist? Short term memory? LOL

As soon as the Clippers started winning, it seems like every bottom-team became some kind of target for contraction.

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
I can tell you about the clippers. They are from Los Angeles. They can create one more team there. I am sure they will have much more chances to be successful, than the Cavs.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Kings will be in Seattle soon enough. I really do believe in their roster. I just wish they could get back to the level they were at in the late 90's - mid 00's. Lakers, Clippers, Kings & Warriors all playing at a high level would be great.

Charlotte was a pity franchise from the league office. If Charlotte could find a way to get their roster full of Duke, UNC, Wake & NCSU players and be somewhat decent, they could probably get some kind of profit.........that won't happen though because it's nearly impossible :lol:

I do think the NBA needs to contract though. The talent pool (coaches & players) isn't big enough for 30 teams.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'm in favor of expansion.

But the NBA would have to make me the commissioner to show them how it can be done, how it can be profitable, and how to improve the quality of the product without messing up the historical aspect of the game.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
I'm in favor of expansion.

But the NBA would have to make me the commissioner to show them how it can be done, how it can be profitable, and how to improve the quality of the product without messing up the historical aspect of the game.

I worked for an NBA organization last yr. If your plan is actually worthy of presenting to an NBA GM, I'll get you in touch with him.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'm pretty sure the Mavs already understand and support what I would advocate, and something Donnie already advocates. But influencing league-wide changes would give away some of the 'understanding' teams, competitive advantages.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure the Mavs already understand and support what I would advocate, and something Donnie already advocates. But influencing league-wide changes would give away some of the 'understanding' teams, competitive advantages.

Donnie's the greatest. All hail Donnie Nelson.

ark%3A%2F38305%2Fg4xk8dh8%2Fis%2F1

Deng Defense Force

Liked Posts:

Sacramento Kings
Charlotte Bobcats
Cleveland Cavaliers
Washington Wizzards

And yet they've all made the playoffs and had superstars before. Well, maybe not so much with the Bobcats. They are the only team I agree with you on. The Kings were one of the best teams of the early 2000s and Cleveland could've made the playoffs this year if they were healthy.

And if we never had Cleveland there never would've been this...

[video=youtube;TuCxuq-yn1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuCxuq-yn1w[/video]

bbaker

Liked Posts:
That was real nice of you. I gave the pretzel to a homeless WW2 (the big one) veteran. Thank you for supporting the troops.

Hope he enjoyed the cheesewiz filling!!!

Back on topic though....Sacramento & Cleveland both have some playoff history in their francise. Both organizations have rosters that I THINK could be solid in the future. Charlotte is well...Charlotte.

Deng Defense Force

Liked Posts:

Back on topic though....Sacramento & Cleveland both have some playoff history in their francise. Both organizations have rosters that I THINK could be solid in the future. Charlotte is well...Charlotte.

With the 76ers franchise being absolutely destroyed by the the Bynum trade, Cleveland is almost a sure thing to be at least an 8th seed team for the next few years unless they continue to have injuries.

The only thing Charotte has going for them is changing their name back to the Hornets. They'll still be a crap team, but at least when you say there name or see their uniforms you will be able to say, "hey, I remember that team from the 80s and 90s".

bbaker

Liked Posts:
With the 76ers franchise being absolutely destroyed by the the Bynum trade, Cleveland is almost a sure thing to be at least an 8th seed team for the next few years unless they continue to have injuries.

The only thing Charotte has going for them is changing their name back to the Hornets. They'll still be a crap team, but at least when you say there name or see their uniforms you will be able to say, "hey, I remember that team from the 80s and 90s".

Agreed on everything quoted. It's time to scrap whatever the hell the Bobcats have tried doing with their name & unis, go back to the Hornets & try to garner up enough fan support by getting 'old school' Hornets back in the mix thru PR stunts.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sacramento & Cleveland have been in the Finals more recent than the Bulls. (Just saying)

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Sacramento & Cleveland have been in the Finals more recent than the Bulls. (Just saying)

kings? when did they go to the finals?

Freakyslow15

Liked Posts:

Charlotte has some playoff history too... just as the Hornets. Who remembers Alonzo beating the Celtics?

Didn't the Bobcats make the playoffs one year with Crash?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk