How soft mentally is Rose?

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Yes and no. I think many are coming from the angle that Rose isn't gonna play because he/others believe the Bulls aren't going to win a title anway, so what's the point?

Personally, I think that's a shitty mentality ("I'm only gonna play if we have a chance of winning"). Add on to that that Rose is a 'leader' of the team and highly paid superstar, and well... you know.

That's how Lebron acted towad the end of his Cleveland career when he gave up in the playoffs against Boston.....Lebron felt he couldn't win there so what's the point.
:shrug:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Yes and no. I think many are coming from the angle that Rose isn't gonna play because he/others believe the Bulls aren't going to win a title anway, so what's the point?

Personally, I think that's a shitty mentality ("I'm only gonna play if we have a chance of winning"). Add on to that that Rose is a 'leader' of the team and highly paid superstar, and well... you know.

Nobody knows what Rose believes. So I usually stop reading at that claim. Too many sensationalism journalists/radio personalities try to put the return debate front and center, because they a) don't watch Bulls games, so how else can they write/talk about anything and sound informed. b) because it gets attention.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Dear God,

Please oh Lord, please dive into Derrick Rose's soul and force him to come back.....NOW!!!
An ebtire fan base, city and orginization is being held up by Derrick, regardless if Derrick agrees with management or not.
Please help Derrick realize that he is being payed to do a job even if he doesn't like the moves his boss has made.
Derrick signed an agreement in contract and he's being payed a lot of money.
He is 100% healthy and regardless how negative I feel about management, I also know that Derrick is in the wrong right now....
He needs to start playing.....Period...........Please tell Rose this God, I humbly beg you............
Thank you.

AMEN. :pray:

Last edited:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Dear God,

Please oh Lord, please dive into Derrick Rose's soul and force him to come back.....NOW!!!
An ebtire fan base, city and orginization is being held up by Derrick, regardless if Derrick agrees with management or not.
Please help Derrick realize that he is being payed to do a job even if he doesn't like the moves his boss has made.
Derrick signed an agreement in contract and he's being payed a lot of money.
He is 100% healthy and regardless how negative I feel about management, I also know that Derrick is in the wrong right now....
He needs to start playing.....Period...........Please tell Rose this God, I humbly beg you............
Thank you.

AMEN. :pray:
38637581.png

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
My main issue is that this has become a HUGE distraction for the team. It's not a coincidence that once he started 5-on-5's last month & the media was hounding every player, every day about his return, the team went on a major down slide. If he truly doesn't feel 100% mentally, then just say "I'm not returning this year". I'll back him either way, but this constant back & forth is taking it's toll on everyone, fans included.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
My main issue is that this has become a HUGE distraction for the team. It's not a coincidence that once he started 5-on-5's last month & the media was hounding every player, every day about his return, the team went on a major down slide. If he truly doesn't feel 100% mentally, then just say "I'm not returning this year". I'll back him either way, but this constant back & forth is taking it's toll on everyone, fans included.

Very well put sir.......... :clap:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The thing is I think each day he loses his teammates trust in Rose. And that starts to make Rose an awful teammate.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The thing is I think each day he loses his teammates trust in Rose. And that starts to make Rose an awful teammate.

How do you lose trust in someone that made no claim?

If someone on my team said "they don't know" and I just assumed to know, then I am the one fabricating information out of my own impatience. If I lost trust in someone over my own psychological issue, then I'm an asshole.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
^ disagree, again assuming that the teammates look toward Rose as a leader, he has lost his position and potentially will never regain it.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
^ disagree, again assuming that the teammates look toward Rose as a leader, he has lost his position and potentially will never regain it.

Assuming the teammates look toward Rose as a leader, they need HIS trust too.

This is where the fans really need to vet the media for ignoring the team, and only focusing on Rose. It's not like Rose is being accused of using PEDs. He's being accused of not-playing when he self-admits that he is not ready.

I wonder what would happen if Rose came back last week, reinjured his knee. Would that shut everyone up and get his teammates trust back?

Last edited:

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:

I don't believe Rose cannot regain his teammates trust.......

If Rose plays the game of basketball with the same confidence and fire as he did before his injury, I think he would instantly regain the trust of his teammates and fans simply by being the best player on the floor like before...........

But none of us even know what goes on behind closed doors.......who is to say that his teamates lost trust in him at all.........it seems to me that his teammates lost faith and trust in themselves, not Rose.........Just sayin.

Last edited:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
First, stop with the media. I pay no attention to the media as it concerns the Bulls.

Second, he should have been back like a month ago.

If he gets hurt again, he gets hurt again. Could happen anytime so that is a no factor.

What is a factor is you have guys injured playing thru it all on the team while Rose sits with no issues except in his head.

He should have come out long before saying it was mental. He'd have gotten a pass. Not now though.

I got nothing when it comes to what Rose can do to earn the trust of his teammates again.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

What makes you think that his teammates even lost trust in him or whatever? They have given no indication of it. It's been the exact opposite actually. They have expressed a lot of support for Rose. If they were saying things like, "He's been cleared to play, so I don't know why he isn't... but he can do what he wants." Then you might be on to something.

Here's Deng's take on the situation:

Luol Deng offered his take: "I think eventually he'll be better than he was before. But how long will that take? It's not going to be right away. Will there be enough time left in the regular season for him to get comfortable? The biggest thing is to let him make that decision. He might look great but it's when he feels most comfortable. And then playoff intensity is a different level still. I know other guys have come back (from ACL surgery) already, but let's not kid ourselves. He's in a different situation. He's coming back and you're putting a load on him that's different from any of those other guys. Nobody carries the load that he does. I know Derrick. I've always been a hard worker, but I don't know anyone who works harder than he does. When I see what he does it makes me feel good about everything that comes his way because I know he's earned all of it and more. I would never question his decision, whatever he decides to do. There's no one on this planet who wants to play more than he does, so if he waits until next season, it's because he knows that's the right thing to do." Sulia

Doesn't sound like a teammate that is losing anything in Derrick.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
First, stop with the media. I pay no attention to the media as it concerns the Bulls.

If you pay no attention, how are you aware of the situation?

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
i find it highly unlikely that the bulls locker room will just not trust him and question him...he's derrick rose. he isn't terrell owens.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

i think its that and them just flat out being wore out and injured

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Well, Rose isn't as tough as Kobe.

But who is?

Give the kid a break, he's 24 and this is his first serious injury. Even Kobe never tore an ACL.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
If anybody's never suffered a serious injury, especially a knee injury that person has very little to no credibility when he or she questions an athlete or anyone else who goes through that kind of pain and rehab. I can't go back into the military unless I take a human resources or any desk job/office job MOS just to give an example because of the deterioration the meniscus in my right knee went though. Now picture someone who tore their ACL and relies on being lightning fast and quick to excel as a basketball player and then you might understand why Rose is being extra cautious right now.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This thread is ridiculous....in the dumb way.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
^it is really...every bit of it...from rose being mentally soft, him not being great, him being a bad teammate, trading him and him not wanting to play for the bulls anymore...its silly talk