How soft mentally is Rose?

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just make up your mind Rose! Jeez, if you don't can't play this year.....say so!!

illmatic34

Liked Posts:
Does anyone remember all those injuries that Rose had last year before he tore his ACL? None of which were really healed and it was obvious that they weren't yet he was still cleared to play anyway? And look what happened?

AP said he credited his fast recovery due to his family genetics - both sides of his family are made up of genetic freaks. Iman Shumpert has gone on record to say he should have waited instead of rushing back but he listened to his desire to play instead of his body. Just because he hasn't come back according to the timeline YOU made up in your head doesn't make him mentally soft. I don't think he's absolved from all this and I do think he could probably be more direct with fans but it pisses me off when I see shit like this.

I simply don't understand Bulls fans. Rose is the best thing to happen to this team since Jordan and you want to act like he is Lebron to your Cleveland. Disgusting.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
6-8 month injury. Have your debate w a doc.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How much of this thread is really just fan impatience driven by numerous reports that he should be "ready to play" but yet still won't. Now I personally think Rose could've come back 2 weeks ago easily, but if he's not mentally ready then he's not mentally ready. To put that into context, he doesn't want to come back until he can be the dominant player that he was pre-injury. This requires him to have full confidence in his knee because he's a player that relies on freak athleticism and quickness. When he comes back he's going to be back to carry the weight of this team on his shoulders, something Rubio and Shumpert don't really have to do.

At the same time though, nothing gets you quite back into your game form like actually playing in games and in my opinion, his very presence on the court could help everyone on the team play better.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How much of this thread is really just fan impatience driven by numerous reports that he should be "ready to play" but yet still won't. Now I personally think Rose could've come back 2 weeks ago easily, but if he's not mentally ready then he's not mentally ready. To put that into context, he doesn't want to come back until he can be the dominant player that he was pre-injury. This requires him to have full confidence in his knee because he's a player that relies on freak athleticism and quickness. When he comes back he's going to be back to carry the weight of this team on his shoulders, something Rubio and Shumpert don't really have to do.

At the same time though, nothing gets you quite back into your game form like actually playing in games and in my opinion, his very presence on the court could help everyone on the team play better.

That in my opinion is what his next step is. If he's not feeling it very soon, he should just announce he's going to skip this season and then use preseason next season to test out that knee in game action.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That in my opinion is what his next step is. If he's not feeling it very soon, he should just announce he's going to skip this season and then use preseason next season to test out that knee in game action.
Honestly, I think playing in games will help reduce whatever "soreness" he's feeling...or even if it doesn't he'll know that it's not a big deal. I can't say I've ever torn my ACL or had knee surgery, but I have had a knee injury that took awhile to get over and if I had waited until soreness went away to play basketball again I might have delayed myself another 2 months. Perhaps that's the situation he's in, but I'm pretty sure he can play through it without any minor consequences if that's the case.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
6-8 month injury. Have your debate w a doc.

8-12 month recovery(post surgery). That is what his doctors(plural) all said.

Deng Defense Force

Liked Posts:
8-12 month recovery(post surgery). That is what his doctors(plural) all said.

You're missing the point. His physical rehab is complete. He is physically 100% and cleared to play according to those same "doctors(plural)". His problem is mental by his own admission. That is never going to change until he gets out there and plays. The same worries he has now he is going to have wether it's today, next week, or next year. When he does finally play he's going to hold back as anyone would in his situation. It's going to take a few games for him to have the confidence to play at full force, and that can't happen as long as he's sitting there in a suit doubting himself.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
You're missing the point. His physical rehab is complete. He is physically 100% and cleared to play according to those same "doctors(plural)". His problem is mental by his own admission. That is never going to change until he gets out there and plays. The same worries he has now he is going to have wether it's today, next week, or next year. When he does finally play he's going to hold back as anyone would in his situation. It's going to take a few games for him to have the confidence to play at full force, and that can't happen as long as he's sitting there in a suit doubting himself.

I understand, but brett said 6-8 months, which was not what the doctors said.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Sorry I can't link to audio spots. the written espnarticle says 8-12 in the headline but the article says that its only to reduce risk. Should be 6 mos.

But whatever

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
His Doctor made a statement about why they decided to do a patella graft instead of the hamstring graft. Not giving specifics, which I wish he should have, but basically saying it was better for Rose's situation because the patella would take better in his situation.

Now, to be fair, if he had a hamstring graft, then 6-8 months may be more realistic. As a lot of athletes who get hamstring grafts in the last few years, have recovered ahead of the curve, and guys with patella grafts have taken longer. Not everyone can get a hamstring graft, because the exact location of the tear can make it very difficult to do. Of course, his surgeon didn't share the specifics, which could very well help fans understand why he's being extra cautious. If he tore his ACL near the bone, that is going to be tremendously different than in the middle. Because if you tear near the bone, and you are recovered, you still need to condition and build it up. The Doctors objectively give you a full thumbs up, but if you knew that you were starting from that same place, it's not a bad idea to build yourself up with controlled movements and not try to build yourself up in games.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Ive been wondering if his heart is into it. I agree with those about him not having much push to come back..

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
can we just stop with the nonsense...he can return whenever the hell he wants to return. It's his career, earnings, and future health at risk. Let him decide what's best for him. Fuck the media they're just jealous of his prodigious talent.

Freakyslow15

Liked Posts:
He's medically cleared to play, so right now the Bulls are paying him NOT to play. I love D.Rose, but let's take the kid gloves off. He's the face of the franchise, the team leader, etc. and he's basically refusing to play.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
His Doctor made a statement about why they decided to do a patella graft instead of the hamstring graft. Not giving specifics, which I wish he should have, but basically saying it was better for Rose's situation because the patella would take better in his situation.

Now, to be fair, if he had a hamstring graft, then 6-8 months may be more realistic. As a lot of athletes who get hamstring grafts in the last few years, have recovered ahead of the curve, and guys with patella grafts have taken longer. Not everyone can get a hamstring graft, because the exact location of the tear can make it very difficult to do. Of course, his surgeon didn't share the specifics, which could very well help fans understand why he's being extra cautious. If he tore his ACL near the bone, that is going to be tremendously different than in the middle. Because if you tear near the bone, and you are recovered, you still need to condition and build it up. The Doctors objectively give you a full thumbs up, but if you knew that you were starting from that same place, it's not a bad idea to build yourself up with controlled movements and not try to build yourself up in games.

So in otherwords, we need to hear from his doctors in great detail.

Sent from the interwebz using ancient technology