Jimmy Butler Love

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I dont know how anybody can think Jimmy is good enough to be our starting 2 long term. He's not a dynamic enough scorer.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Because he is young, and improves every year. Quality swingmen take a while to develop, and right now, Jimmy is outperforming expectations considerably.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I think being a dynamic scorer is something thats innate and I don't see it in jimmy

I think his ceiling is aaron afflalo

but I've been wrong before

Deng Defense Force

Liked Posts:
Oh, and Rose(who wasn't guaranteed to be picked by the Bulls, because by need, we would have picked Pothead McEmoplayer). Nobody was that high on the Bulls specifically drafting Noah at 9(maybe a few spots down by another team, or low teens), and Pax pulled that trigger. And if Mirotic pans out, awesome too.

Don't forget Asik too.

To everyone not named Stacey King, Rose was pretty much guaranteed to be picked by the Bulls.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
To everyone not named Stacey King, Rose was pretty much guaranteed to be picked by the Bulls.

Maybe. I'm not sure. That pre-draft debate lasted for a long time. ESPN was even hyping up Beasley hardcore. The "Rookie" series, LOL. Yeah, like he was the next big star(erm.. bust). Before the lotto balls fell, every mock had Mayo or Beasley as #1. The Chicago player going to Chicago became the big news after the lottery.

Deng Defense Force

Liked Posts:
Maybe. I'm not sure. That pre-draft debate lasted for a long time. ESPN was even hyping up Beasley hardcore. The "Rookie" series, LOL. Yeah, like he was the next big star(erm.. bust). Before the lotto balls fell, every mock had Mayo or Beasley as #1. The Chicago player going to Chicago became the big news after the lottery.

If we're talking pre-lottery, well then OF COURSE Rose wasn't guarenteed to be picked by the Bulls. They only had a 1.7% chance of getting the first pick.

Fun Fact: Numbers Edition - 1.7, also the same percent chance of LeBron not whining after a loss.

Deng Defense Force

Liked Posts:
The Deng Bang

Luol%2BDeng%2BDunks%2BOn%2BLebron%2BJames.jpg

The Hinrich Maneuver

460x.jpg

The Butt Love :shrug:

jimmy-butler-poster-chris-bosh.png

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
If we're talking pre-lottery, well then OF COURSE Rose wasn't guarenteed to be picked by the Bulls. They only had a 1.7% chance of getting the first pick.

No, I mean he wasn't the favorite for the #1 pick overall. He was considered, but the hype was around Mayo and Beasley.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
No, I mean he wasn't the favorite for the #1 pick overall. He was considered, but the hype was around Mayo and Beasley.

In the weeks leading up to the draft...Rose was consensus pick for the top slot. Beasley had some people touting him. But are you talking the weeks leading up to the draft or before the college season started? Mayo was not in the conversation pre-draft/post-lottery.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
In the weeks leading up to the draft...Rose was consensus pick for the top slot. Beasley had some people touting him. But are you talking the weeks leading up to the draft or before the college season started? Mayo was not in the conversation pre-draft/post-lottery.

Pre-lottery

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I know I remember this clearly. Keep my claims in mind, don't make your own and put them in my mouth(directed at anyone who mis-read what I posted, honestly, nobody specific). I said Rose wasn't guaranteed the pick, and I stated that mocks had him behind Beasley. This doesn't mean ALL or MOST mocks. Unfortunately, every major mock site I found updated their mocks to show the exact results instead.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=MockDraft-080520

And I know, Chad Ford. :shrug:

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Jimmy Butler has the potential to become the next Scottie Pippen for the Bulls.
Especially the way he can defensively shut down multiple positions.
I hope Derrick Rose has been paying attention to this guy this season.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
''Beasley gonna be a 20-10 player as soon as he steps on the floor''

drakehah.png

we're still waiting on that

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
''Beasley gonna be a 20-10 player as soon as he steps on the floor''

drakehah.png

we're still waiting on that

it shocks me that people actually listen to dick vital. the guy is an idiot. i remember watching the game when he made that statement, i think it was the ncaa tourney game k state vs usc.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
it shocks me that people actually listen to dick vital. the guy is an idiot. i remember watching the game when he made that statement, i think it was the ncaa tourney game k state vs usc.
Well to be fair, in college he was pretty good for 20/10. He averaged like 26 and 12.

Clearly that didn't translate...

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
A lot of people thought Beasley would be good.

Bulls FO deserves a lot of credit for making the right pick there.

There's an interesting story that was going around a few years ago about when John Pax called a meeting at a restaurant with Beasley and Derrick Rose to talk to them both. Beasley showed up poorly dressed with his cell phone going off every few minutes. Derrick showed up well dressed and well mannered. Legend has it thats when the FO knew who to pick. ;)

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Well to be fair, in college he was pretty good for 20/10. He averaged like 26 and 12.

Clearly that didn't translate...

he was next to un-guardable in college, he was a hell of a player and I can't knock that. dick vital is wrong most of the time and not only is he wrong he's annoying.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
A lot of people thought Beasley would be good.

Bulls FO deserves a lot of credit for making the right pick there.

There's an interesting story that was going around a few years ago about when John Pax called a meeting at a restaurant with Beasley and Derrick Rose to talk to them both. Beasley showed up poorly dressed with his cell phone going off every few minutes. Derrick showed up well dressed and well mannered. Legend has it thats when the FO knew who to pick. ;)

beasley lost #1 status when he told Bulls FO the thing he hated most about college basketball was the officiating. Derrick's response: Losing. Some players are so easy to predict, like hasheem thabeet. some of these guys have no business going that high. granted I will admit that I think most of us didn't know Beasley had that much baggage coming into the nba.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Did anyone notice the Jimmy Butler love last night? Bill Simmons said the Bulls could keep Butler and get rid of Deng or that Butler could be the team's starting two guard. While he has played very well, I don't know if Thibs will make him a permanent starter this season or if Butler can be the answer long term.

That makes Simmons as smart as me. If Deng is traded this offseason (that would take foresight by Paxson which he has never shown while in charge) Butler would be the guy at the 3. If you want better basketball analysis go with the freedarko writers or Slam Magazine. Btw, welcome to the board.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Adoro Jimmy Butler. Muy llegue a ser rápidamente uno de mis jugadores predilectos.