Jimmy Butler Love

mini ditka

Liked Posts:
Did anyone notice the Jimmy Butler love last night? Bill Simmons said the Bulls could keep Butler and get rid of Deng or that Butler could be the team's starting two guard. While he has played very well, I don't know if Thibs will make him a permanent starter this season or if Butler can be the answer long term.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
bill suggested we trade deng for pau gasol...no thank you

im open to trading deng but not for another old guy

im sick of getting players that are on the decline...please get a kevin love or al horford...somebody thats gonna be long term alongside Rose...not a guy on the wrong side of 30...we should have learned our lesson about that by now

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
chi_g_jimmy-butler_mb_400.jpg

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Butler has to start. He plays better starting than coming off the bench. Make Bell come off the bench and just leave Hamilton at home, there's no point for him to come back.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Butler deserves all the love...he has played very well. I agree with Waldo, start him and Bell off the bench.

Rip can take a wheelchair and go home.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Stacey King suggested Jimmy could be your 2 guard next year and I have to agree. He's almost fast enough but he is big enough and such a good defender and he can switch with most positions. Then with his strength he could take just about any 2 guard in the post and do as he pleased. That way you keep Deng at the 3, if there's no one else to be found who is a real upgrade on both ends at the 4 you don't need to amnesty Boozer. Rose comes back, Gibson, Bellielli, Hinrich and Teague come off the bench. You look for backups at the 3 and 5 as FAs and in the draft. That way you're not completely overhauling the roster again by releasing Hamilton who is gone, trading Deng and amnestying Boozer.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Stacey King suggested Jimmy could be your 2 guard next year and I have to agree. He's almost fast enough but he is big enough and such a good defender and he can switch with most positions. Then with his strength he could take just about any 2 guard in the post and do as he pleased. That way you keep Deng at the 3, if there's no one else to be found who is a real upgrade on both ends at the 4 you don't need to amnesty Boozer. Rose comes back, Gibson, Bellielli, Hinrich and Teague come off the bench. You look for backups at the 3 and 5 as FAs and in the draft. That way you're not completely overhauling the roster again by releasing Hamilton who is gone, trading Deng and amnestying Boozer.

Butler will be the 2 guard next year. I have no doubts about that anymore. And Boozer is not going to be amnestied so we can just forget all that talk. He's silenced pretty much all of his harshest critics with his stellar play this season.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
JImmy Butler is the fucking man.................I been saying this all year

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
yeah jimmy was a steal....pax is good at drafting thats one thing you can give him credit for

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
We have an even better scout now, than Pax. And yes, Pax is a good scout, not great, but very good.

Brian Hagen is a killer scout and fantastic networker in the league. If anything, Hagen should get the credit if the Bulls make a surprise pick.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Oh, and Rose(who wasn't guaranteed to be picked by the Bulls, because by need, we would have picked Pothead McEmoplayer). Nobody was that high on the Bulls specifically drafting Noah at 9(maybe a few spots down by another team, or low teens), and Pax pulled that trigger. And if Mirotic pans out, awesome too.

Don't forget Asik too.

Last edited:

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
noah was taken 9th actually

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So was Taj and Teague.

I wouldn't say Teague was a steal. He hasn't really even played. But judging from w/e little he has played, he is far from a steal at this point.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I wouldn't say Teague was a steal. He hasn't really even played. But judging from w/e little he has played, he is far from a steal at this point.

To be fair, we picked him knowing full well that he is a 2 year project. IMO, he has been awesome for someone that has a long-term expectation/payout.