He can take Rips spot. :yep:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'd love him, if we could someone make it possible to sign him. I doubt it though, unless he agrees to some crazy contract where he only makes $5m for his first year, and somehow makes $20m in his 4th year.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'd love him, if we could someone make it possible to sign him. I doubt it though, unless he agrees to some crazy contract where he only makes $5m for his first year, and somehow makes $20m in his 4th year.

Just use Asik's as a model.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's opting out of a year where he was going to make 15.9 million. He's going to look to make up for that somehow. Kinda like the Richard Jefferson situation with the Spurs. He opted out of a 14 or 15 million dollar deal and then re-signed for 4-years, 40 million.

Even if he was in our price range, I wouldn't want him. 2 of our biggest weaknesses are outside shooting and free throw shooting, and Iguodala isn't good at either. It's just not a move that I think would make much sense for what we need. I'd rather give Butler more minutes, since he can provide what Iguodala can provide minus the passing.

I think we should focus on a player that can shoot from the outside consistently, and Iggy isn't that.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
hes opting out to get a long term deal with nuggets

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Even if he was in our price range, I wouldn't want him. 2 of our biggest weaknesses are outside shooting and free throw shooting, and Iguodala isn't good at either. It's just not a move that I think would make much sense for what we need. I'd rather give Butler more minutes, since he can provide what Iguodala can provide minus the passing.

I think we should focus on a player that can shoot from the outside consistently, and Iggy isn't that.

i agree with this

guys like tyeke and iggy are better than what we have but arent what we need....we need a guy that can create and shoot

personally im so sick of waiting for this mythical 2 guard...im done with it...my main focus right now is Kevin Love

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
if things dont go well next year for minny i see them shopping love

offer deng+nikola+bobcats pick+bulls pick or something along those lines

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I would love (no pun intended) to get Love, but then do we amnesty Boozer? Or have him come off the bench?

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
This would be amazing. We need to get an impact guy at the SG position who can make plays and take off pressure from Rose. I'd prefer to keep Boozer as well. Has their been any word on Mirotic and if he will come over for next season?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
personally im so sick of waiting for this mythical 2 guard...im done with it...my main focus right now is Kevin Love
This magical SG doesn't exist...and even if he did we'd have to draft him because there's no way we could afford him. Kevin Love is perhaps the best we can hope for, but even that is a stretch. Given that, I'd be fine with Tyreke or Iggy because we just need better players in general and they are that. It's pretty obvious that we can't always have the ideal situation.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
This would be amazing. We need to get an impact guy at the SG position who can make plays and take off pressure from Rose. I'd prefer to keep Boozer as well. Has their been any word on Mirotic and if he will come over for next season?

After 2014 is when Mirotic is getting targeted for acquisition.

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
He would be a great fit for the Lakers to replace Metta World Peace and win some championships.
SInce the Bulls goal isn't to win a championship, I see no need in signing him. In a world where the Bulls want to win a championship I would say, sign him, trade Deng for a starting SG, and you have a huge upgrade.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
shut the fuck up about J.R. Smith already, christ.

Iggy would be a lateral move from Deng so I don't see any point. He's getting old, he isn't good on offense. And offense is what we need. Not another guy who can't score efficiently.

problem is that most Bulls fans seem to want to make any move regardless of whether or not it makes us a better team. J.R. Smith and Iggy would not make us a better team, they would just be more dead weight contracts.
:clap:

One could argue that Iggy would be a downgrade from Deng.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Iguodala is very good at what he does, but defensively we're fine and he doesn't provide that much offensively. For that price, I want O.J. Mayo.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Iguodala is very good at what he does, but defensively we're fine and he doesn't provide that much offensively. For that price, I want O.J. Mayo.

The guy who scored 4 and 4 points in the 2 games against us? :shrug: