Derrek Lee.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Derrek Lee is the best all around player on the Cubs. Period. Just thought I should announce that to make it official. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
He hasn't been good this season, Byrd is the best this year, and maybe overall now.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
D.Lee is my fave non-pitcher on the cubs

but ya byrd has been the best so far

ZAN

Liked Posts:
Really? Well that "well rounded player" is hitting a whopping 5 for his last 49....hitting .202 on the year...

ZAN

Liked Posts:
Derrek Lee will be traded. Mark my words. Flame me if you want, but Vitters will probably be our starting 1B next year unless we re-sign Lee (which I don't see happening) or sign a FA...

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Lee throughout his career has been a slow starter. He should be picking it up here pretty quick. Lee is one of my favorite players and I would hate to see him go but I see Lee if not traded at the halfway point (depending on how the season is going) he won't be resigned at the end of the year.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
Time to start the youth movement. Keep the starting pitching staff.

Bring up Cashner, Vitters, Castro, Hak-Ju Lee, Jackson, the other Jackson, and get Colvin more starts...(all of this after this season)

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
I think depending on how A-Ram does this year, we could see Vitters at the big club next year. Not sure about Brett Jackson though. We have Byrd for a couple of more years after this and we have Soriano for what, 4 more years?

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's sign Kim Tae-Kyun! KIM TAE-KYUN! KIM TAE-KYUN! KIM TAE-KYUN! KIM TAE-KYUN! KIM TAE-KYUN!

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DAE HAN MIN GUK!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0fSPxubX8A[/ame]

Liked Posts:
Actually Byrd or Lee either one is not the best...Based on stats Geovany Soto is having the best year so far...

nrthsidrfan

Liked Posts:
Actually Byrd or Lee either one is not the best...Based on stats Geovany Soto is having the best year so far...

Geo is having a renaissance...shows what kind of baseball you can play when you drop the roach clip and the doritos. Now hopefully he can knock the rust off that arm and start throwing out 30-35% of base runners again.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Derrek Lee has been a classy member of the cubs for years....If we trade him this year, i hope to god we trade him to a contender so he can try and get another ring

ZAN

Liked Posts:
tbo41fan, this is a business...if we can get more from the Toronto Blue Jays for DLee than the Yankees, we aren't going to just trade him to New York because he was a "good guy"...

We are playing for our first ring in 102 years....I could give a fuck (excuse my french) less if a guy we trade gets a chance to win a ring elsewhere...

ZAN

Liked Posts:
Lee is up with 2 runners on and no outs, down two runs. Let's see what he does.

If he doesn't run HARD out of the box, he deserves to take a seat. When you aren't hitting, you have to give your all in every other area of play.

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kim tae-kyun! Kim tae-kyun! Kim tae-kyun! Kim tae-kyun!