RANT: Bulls Medical staff sucks!

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bulls have got to have the worst medical and training staff in the entire NBA. They can never keep players on the floor. Year after year, they always have 3, 4 or 5 guys out with injuries.

Right now they have Derrick Rose still out with the ACL rehab, Joakim Noah with Plantar Fascia inflammation, Taj Gbson just sprained his knee after being out for a good number of games. Richard Hamilton has been out for months with back issues, and Kirk Hinrich just got back from I don't even know what. And lastly Marco Bellinelli is out for some reason and has missed at least the last four games.

This is ridiculous. Can never keep a healthy team together. Somebody needs to be fired for real. I'm sick of this. It's either the worst medical staff ever or Tom Thibideau is running them into the ground in practice. If that's the case, fire his ass. I can't watch this, especially when you drop games to the Wizards. This sucks.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I agree 100%.

Bad diet from the team cook. Seriously, and he was even on one of those cook-off reality TV shows, and all he talked about was making players favorite fried foods and knew nothing about nutrition. Bangers and mash every day.

Rely on outside institutions to implement treatments. Yeah, Rush Medical is fine, but INSIDE the facilities you can't just have 3 guys who are knowledgeable about taping up limbs like this is 1970.

The off-season conditioning programs are a joke.

Team trainers and medical staff that can't get to the root causes of injuries for days. Afternoon injury on Sunday, MRI on Tuesday?

And NO, medicinal marijuana does not cure plantar fasciitis.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
yeah they suck

Liked Posts:
That's who management should really try to improve, real talk

Freakyslow15

Liked Posts:
I disagree. Rose's and Taj's knee injuries couldn't really have been prevented. Those injuries *just happen*- unlucky. And Rose has been cleared for a month or so now- his not playing now is on him. Noah has had plantar fasciitis for three+ seasons now. I have a feeling he'll keep that sh!t forever like luggage. Kirk and Rip have had injury problems prior to joining (re-joining for Kirk) the Bulls.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
The Bulls have got to have the worst medical and training staff in the entire NBA. They can never keep players on the floor. Year after year, they always have 3, 4 or 5 guys out with injuries.

Right now they have Derrick Rose still out with the ACL rehab, Joakim Noah with Plantar Fascia inflammation, Taj Gbson just sprained his knee after being out for a good number of games. Richard Hamilton has been out for months with back issues, and Kirk Hinrich just got back from I don't even know what. And lastly Marco Bellinelli is out for some reason and has missed at least the last four games.

This is ridiculous. Can never keep a healthy team together. Somebody needs to be fired for real. I'm sick of this. It's either the worst medical staff ever or Tom Thibideau is running them into the ground in practice. If that's the case, fire his ass. I can't watch this, especially when you drop games to the Wizards. This sucks.

:thinking:
Fire the medical staff and Thibbs?
If we fire Thibbs, we can then hire Phil Jackson. :beerbang:

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
I agree 100%.

Bad diet from the team cook. Seriously, and he was even on one of those cook-off reality TV shows, and all he talked about was making players favorite fried foods and knew nothing about nutrition. Bangers and mash every day.

Rely on outside institutions to implement treatments. Yeah, Rush Medical is fine, but INSIDE the facilities you can't just have 3 guys who are knowledgeable about taping up limbs like this is 1970.

The off-season conditioning programs are a joke.

Team trainers and medical staff that can't get to the root causes of injuries for days. Afternoon injury on Sunday, MRI on Tuesday?

And NO, medicinal marijuana does not cure plantar fasciitis.

medicinal marijuana wont cure it, but it could prevent it and relieve the pain and stress.
I think Thibbs may need medical marijuana as well.

Last edited:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I disagree. Rose's and Taj's knee injuries couldn't really have been prevented. Those injuries *just happen*- unlucky. And Rose has been cleared for a month or so now- his not playing now is on him. Noah has had plantar fasciitis for three+ seasons now. I have a feeling he'll keep that sh!t forever like luggage. Kirk and Rip have had injury problems prior to joining (re-joining for Kirk) the Bulls.

One season, it's a fluke. But this has been the Bulls, for the lack of a better word, luck, for the last 5 years.

Freakyslow15

Liked Posts:
One season, it's a fluke. But this has been the Bulls, for the lack of a better word, luck, for the last 5 years.

I don't recall the Bulls having huge injury problems until Rosé went down last year in the playoffs. Sure Deng played hurt, but if the training staff sucked shouldn't be have been unavailable to play? The Bulls have a thin bench- their starters are playing too many minutes and that is also a factor.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Yep, they were one of the worst in the league at that.

This is nothing new.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
This has been obvious for years but the FO will do nothing.

Chicago Bulls: Everyone Is Always Injured... should be our motto.

Taj has been limping around the court for a week, Thibs doesn't care. He should have been held out the moment Thibs saw him limping around in the Dallas game and the Heat game. Instead he plays guys 40 minutes per game regardless of their long term well being.

Thats why we havent had a healthy squad for 3 years running

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Medical staffs do what they can. They are in their position for a reason and sometimes injuries happen that aren't on them. I think Derrick Rose just wants to wait until next year. Plus not every medical staff can be the same as the Suns.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I'm past the point of excusing the medical staff, someone has to fall on their sword for our players being injured for the pas t3 years. First year it was Noah and Boozer, then it was Rose, this year its everyone.

Its a combination of our FO bringing in old and injury prone players, Thibs not giving a damn and our medical staff being numbskulls

someone has to pay though

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
well it could always be worse...imagine if we had the trailblazers medical staff. Rose, Noah, and Deng may all be dead if we did.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Plus not every medical staff can be the same as the Suns.
Well why not? Their medical staff is probably the best I've ever seen in the NBA...wherever they get their staff from, every team in the NBA should try to hire from them.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Well why not? Their medical staff is probably the best I've ever seen in the NBA...wherever they get their staff from, every team in the NBA should try to hire from them.

There are only so many elite at what they do. not everyone can be michael jordan. not everyone can have lebron's gifts. just the way the world works.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Yeah Bulls really need to upgrade their medical staff. Also I think Thibs needs to do a better job resting guys. We are fairly deep and at this point rest is more important than losing 4 extra games a year due to sitting out some players. Similar to what the Spurs do. But I'm not talking taking off an entire game. I mean like the Bulls are up 15 in the 4th quarter. Sure the game is not always secure but there could be possible long term issues with these minutes some guys are getting

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
There are only so many elite at what they do. not everyone can be michael jordan. not everyone can have lebron's gifts. just the way the world works.

Believe me, they are there for the picking. The Bulls are cheap. Imagine if they swooped in and grabbed Grover's staff? Those guys are in our back yard, and there for the picking. A HUGE upgrade over what we have now.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

Not sure how much the medical staff should take the blame for or the weak players the Bulls keep using on the roster.