It's Another VogelBomb! 2013 Minor League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Almora: 0-4 1 BB
Bryant: 3-5 3 RS 1 RBI 2 2B, 1 3B.
Soler: 2-4 1 RS 2 RBI 1 HR 1 BB Jumped his AVG to .302. Nice rebound.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Almora: 0-4 1 BB
Bryant: 3-5 3 RS 1 RBI 2 2B, 1 3B.
Soler: 2-4 1 RS 2 RBI 1 HR 1 BB Jumped his AVG to .302. Nice rebound.

Said last week all it would take is a 3 hit game and another 2 hit game for his AVG to climb. To me no reason Bryant, Soler, and Baez shouldnt be in MLB in on AUG 1st

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Said last week all it would take is a 3 hit game and another 2 hit game for his AVG to climb. To me no reason Bryant, Soler, and Baez shouldnt be in MLB in on AUG 1st

Don't think Soler needs to go through A+ (barely played there before injury), AA and AAA in essentially 4 months of time.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't think Soler needs to go through A+ (barely played there before injury), AA and AAA in essentially 4 months of time.

Soler should start off at AA. If he does well no reason for AAA. Only reason Baez going to AAA next yr is to give Cubs another yr in control. Comes to point where you have to start seeing these young guys. You think Puig needed bats in A+ AA, and AAA? No. He had very little time in AA and came up. Soler will be same age as Puig was this yr. Time to stop babying these guys and see what they got since Cubs putting all their eggs in 1 basket with these top prospects. Alamora should be ready by June of 2015

CSF77

Liked Posts:

I also believe Soler starts in AA. To be perfectly honest I could see Almora, Bryant, Soler and Vogelbach on that team.

Don't buy into the have to promote one step at a time. Almora is proving that he can play at AA talent right now.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I also believe Soler starts in AA. To be perfectly honest I could see Almora, Bryant, Soler and Vogelbach on that team.

Don't buy into the have to promote one step at a time. Almora is proving that he can play at AA talent right now.

I'm not saying he wouldn't, but I'm just saying I don't think he will necessarily be up that early, even with service time ignored.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm not saying he wouldn't, but I'm just saying I don't think he will necessarily be up that early, even with service time ignored.

I think it matters more than you think. This is year 3 in a 5 year contract for Theo. He is going to have to get his results on the field to prove that this is not a waste of time.

Up until now it has been making a top 5 farm while pushing out a 100 loss team. That situation can not stay that way after year 5. Or he is gone.

So in view of this year 2 they canned Dale. Now that shows that their picks are very close and they did not want to trust Dale to them. And mess them up like he is Castro.

So ya I expect by the end of the year: Baez, Bryant, Alcantara and Szczur on the team. Soler, Almora and Vogelbach I'm not sure if they make them play a full year at Tenn or not. Vogelbach most likely with Rizzo at 1B. Soler is a wild card here. I believe he would have promoted with Baez if he did not lose that time. So he might be advanced enough to end up in Iowa. Chicago is a reach. I believe baring injury Almora will pace him.

Bryant is another animal. I believe he is on the team by Aug at the latest. I expect a jump like he pulled last year. 2 weeks at AA and if he blows them up Iowa in May. If he blows up S/T they may just push him to Iowa but that is doubtful with Christian playing there. Even though by no means is Christian blocking anyone but it could screw up his trade value as a toss in piece.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Soler should start off at AA. If he does well no reason for AAA. Only reason Baez going to AAA next yr is to give Cubs another yr in control. Comes to point where you have to start seeing these young guys. You think Puig needed bats in A+ AA, and AAA? No. He had very little time in AA and came up. Soler will be same age as Puig was this yr. Time to stop babying these guys and see what they got since Cubs putting all their eggs in 1 basket with these top prospects. Alamora should be ready by June of 2015

I think Puig has a ton of natural talent.

I also think he could have used more time in the minors to learn the game. He makes a lot of stupid plays at the major league level because of his lack of seasoning.

His bat didn't need more time in the minors, but his head did.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Or he is just that talent and low baseball IQ. His partying suggest I don't give a damn

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I think Puig has a ton of natural talent.

I also think he could have used more time in the minors to learn the game. He makes a lot of stupid plays at the major league level because of his lack of seasoning.

His bat didn't need more time in the minors, but his head did.

Like castro of sorts though he's not as talented

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.