1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Hornets Shop Eric Gordon

delldemps.jpg

Del Demps announced on media day that the Hornets will be shopping Eric Gordon to teams around the league. ESPN's Chris Brousard reports that the Hornets are looking to acquire something back, but sources don't what that is. Adrian Wojnarowski reports that Hornets were asking for Al Jefferson from the Jazz or Al Horford from the Hawks in return for Gordon and two first round picks. No trade had been made. Gordon was quoted as saying "I can't let this impact my game. I have a contract to live up to, and what happens, happens. We have to do our part to bring a championship to New Orleans."

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Monty+Williams+Philadelphia+76ers+v+New+Orleans+M29yKJmuoT3l.jpg

Monty Williams Announces Gordon Will Start vs. Spurs

After no movement of Eric Gordon, Monty Williams announced that the Hornets will start with Eric Gordon at the 2 guard spot vs. San Antonio tonight. That means rookie Austin Rivers will come off the bench to spell Gordon. After ending last season injured, it's important that the Hornets save Gordon for 82 games.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gordon's 28 Not Enough against San Antonio
2013-01-07-eric-gordon-4_3_r536_c534.jpg

After trade rumors swirled to start the season, Eric Gordon silenced his critics for a night with a 28 point outburst vs. San Antonio. The Hornets fell short 73-66, however. Robin Lopez struggled in the 4th quarter with 3 turnovers, and left coach Monty Williams shaking his head in disguest towards the end of the game. "It's hard man, we look to San Antonio as a team to model. They don't make mistakes in crunch time. They make plays. It's clear that we need to make plays," Williams said after the game. It's unknown if Lopez will sit the 4th quarter of the next game vs. Utah. Anthony Davis had a solid night in his first NBA game, scoring 13 points on 6/10 shooting, 6 rebounds and 2 assists in 20 minutes on the night.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hornets Acquire Chris Kaman

113479_Hornets_Basketball.jpg

The New Orleans Hornets announced a trade this evening after their loss to San Antonio. The Hornets traded Ryan Anderson and a 2015 first round pick to the Mavericks for Center Chris Kaman. Dell Demps said that trades are never easy, but "it was clear we needed an upgrade at the center position." Monty Williams announced that Kaman will start for the Hornets and that Robin Lopez will come off the bench.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hornets Fall to Jazz as Davis Struggles

uspw_6706108_crop_exact.jpg

Anthony Davis struggled in his second game at the NBA level, as he shot 2-11 from the field and scored 7 points in a 64-47 loss. "It's tough man, but we got to go to Chicago next and get in the W column. Losing sucks man."

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
images

Austin Rivers Dominates in the House Jordan Built

Austin Rivers scored 26 points on 11-16 shooting, including 3-4 shooting from beyond the 3 pt. arc as the Hornets defeated the Bulls on the road for the Hornets first win on the season. "Man it was great, I have to give all the credit to coach Williams for believing in me and allowing me to play." Rivers relieved star SG Eric Gordon after Gordon drew 3 fouls in the first quarter. Jeremy Lin scored 17 pts on the night that the Hornets shot 59% from the field as a team. The Hornets play the 76ers at home on Wednesday for their next game as they try to draw even at 500 on the year.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks