Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Basically we need another guy who can create his own shot/play great D
So we need...Kobe or Wade. Hyperbole, but honestly, it's really hard to find that kind of player unless you're drafting in the top 5. Imo the most realistic version of this mythical shooting guard that we could get is probably Arron Afflalo, but I don't see the Magic letting him go. Even then, he's not really the dynamic scorer we are looking for...he's more of a 13-14 ppg type player.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That´s the numbers Jimmy is putting in here as a starter!
True. But he's doing it playing 44 minutes a game basically. Afflalo can do it in 32. Wouldn't hurt to have both though. They have their strengths.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
you could get him cheap

but i agree it is a risk but might be one worth taking

40276-michael-jordan-laughing-gif-76O3.gif

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Bulls' priority needs to be drafting a shooting guard, then finding a way to get something for Rip Hamilton (only $1 million of his final year is guaranteed, so he could fetch a second rounder or a trade exception), Luol Deng's expiring deal and Carlos Boozer. With where the Bulls will be drafting, they can get an exceptional value on a shooting guard or combo guard who can score. Jamaal Franklin, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Archie Goodwin, and Allen Crabbe could all be potential selections. With the Bulls already being just under the cusp of the luxury tax, people need to stop pretending we're going to be a player in free agency unless we free up some cap space.

tl;dr -- Draft a shooting guard (Kentavious Caldwell-Pope would be my guy. Dude can absolutely fill it up from outside and plays very good defense), trade Deng to a team looking for perimeter defense and a veteran (Minnesota, Houston and Boston come to mind) and somehow turn Boozer's two straight years of productivity and good health into bench depth and draft picks. This gives the Bulls "real" depth on the bench, a future two guard and cap flexibility.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

whats funny?

max contract, bad attitude and injury problems...teams are not gonna throw their roster for him

but fine he'll be 'cheaper' then

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i read bulls actually were in contact with hornets and they wanted jimmy+bobcats pick and bulls turned them down

edit: here it is
During the trade deadline the Hornets were looking for lottery picks in the 2014 draft along with young talent. Teams that made the call to the Hornets were the Pacers, the Suns, the Bulls, the Hawks and the Wolves. For the Suns and the Wolves it was their unwillingness to include unprotected draft picks for the 2014 draft and from the Bulls, the Hornets wanted players like Jimmy Butler who the Bulls were unwilling to part with along with a future unprotect Charlotte Bobcats pick. Look for Granger to be on the plate as a starter deal for Eric Gordon. The Hornets wanted Horford and a draft pick for Gordon. At the moment the Hawks are unwilling to make a trade for Horford, they wanted a Josh Smith swap.

they are asking for big name players but no team is biting

not even indy with granger im surprised...i think that would be a great deal for both teams even though i dont want to see it happen

not sure how legit the article is tho

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
i read bulls actually were in contact with hornets and they wanted jimmy+bobcats pick and bulls turned them down

not sure if its legit or not...i doubt it because cap doesn't work

Well, cap-wise it's a train wreck, and nobody wants Eric Gordon's injury-prone knees, shitty me-first attitude, inability to play defense. Jimmy Butler's value is skyrocketing with his increase in playing time. Not to mention, he's cheap and adds value on defense.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

not sure if its legit or not...i doubt it because cap doesn't work

they are asking for big name players but no team is biting

not even indy with granger im surprised...i think that would be a great deal for both teams even though i dont want to see it happen at all

not sure how legit the article is tho
I can see Granger for Gordon getting done in the end. Sucks for us if Gordon ends up being healthy.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
lol Granger for Gordon, if it's true, will get done. I live in Indiana and Eric Gordon is loved here plus Indy is his hometown. They would take him in a heartbeat.