• White Sox

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
the eastern conference of last year is your comparison? do you know all the tid bits about last years eastern conference?

i used a small recent example

i should have used a broader field

regardless...

in hockey it's easier for worse teams to win because its not high scoring which means who ever scores 2 or 3 goals wins....and its harder for the better team that makes a mistake to come back from a deficit.... and there is more luck involved...low scoring games like baseball soccer and hockey is a little more even than say basketball and football and more upsets imo

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

regardless...

in hockey it's easier for worse teams to win because its not high scoring which means who ever scores 2 or 3 goals wins....and its harder for the better team that makes a mistake to come back from a deficit.... and there is more luck involved...low scoring games like baseball soccer and hockey is a little more even than say basketball and football and more upsets imo

I see where you are coming from.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:

regardless...

That's true...there's more diversity in the Stanley Cup than the Finals or Super Bowl.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:

regardless...

I see where you are coming from.

That's true...there's more diversity in the Stanley Cup than the Finals or Super Bowl.

This is so far from the truth and may be some of the worst logic I've ever encountered.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I love the Hawks core and could easily see them repeating. I also like the Sox next year if they dont trade any important (Burls, Pauly). The Bulls have a very good team and could win it in a few years. The Cubs seem like they will go into a rebuilding mode so they wont for awhile. And the Bears need a couple WR's before they are in the discussion.
The Bears need much more than a couple WR's before they are in the discussion.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
elaborate please

For a while I thought you needed to take a breath to realize the diarrhea you were spewing, but since nothing has changed since this afternoon, maybe not. Or maybe, you need a little more time and I should have sat on my hands longer.

Because you are clumping 5 different sports with so many intricate and independent variables (to each sport, respectively) you are creating an incredible amount of fallacies in these following statements that I cannot even imagine where to begin:

This could start ya off if you really want, though:
1 goal in hockey = 1 point.
1 goal in football = 6 points.

Last edited:

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Blackhawks probably.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is so far from the truth and may be some of the worst logic I've ever encountered.

how am I? my statement was usually the best team wins the cup and the best teams meet in the final 4 of the nhl. I was specifically speaking of the nhl and comparing it to baseball where it isnt always the best team that wins the world series. thats all i was saying.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
how am I? my statement was usually the best team wins the cup and the best teams meet in the final 4 of the nhl. I was specifically speaking of the nhl and comparing it to baseball where it isnt always the best team that wins the world series. thats all i was saying.

I quoted your post because it was part of the silliness CB was chucking out. His generalization is awful and you said you saw where he was coming from. :dunno: what you saw from his side.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I quoted your post because it was part of the silliness CB was chucking out. His generalization is awful and you said you saw where he was coming from. :dunno: what you saw from his side.

i should have added that i dont agree. i really didnt want to get into it especially about hockey, and why philly was in the cup and i did not want to go on a lecture about last years eastern conference. laziness on my part.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
i should have added that i dont agree. i really didnt want to get into it especially about hockey, and why philly was in the cup and i did not want to go on a lecture about last years eastern conference. laziness on my part.

Got it. Philly squeaking into the playoffs on the last day of the season with the talent they had was more of an aberration than them becoming ECF champions as one of the bottom seeds.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Got it. Philly squeaking into the playoffs on the last day of the season with the talent they had was more of an aberration than them becoming ECF champions as one of the bottom seeds.

i just look at the injuries they had all year. its no excuse but the injuries played a role in their regular season standings imo