My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Let's see here, thru April 30 .148/.242/.375/.617
Thru May 31 .156/.246/.387/.633

Sox collapse and Dunn Succeeds. Are they related? Gotta say No, but it is interesting that when Dunn was needed most he was no where to be found.

Right, but you guys act like the whole shitty season is on Dunn.

In the first month, NOBODY was hitting expect for Gillespie, and Rios. Beckham, but he was out.

Why is nobody going after Konerko? He's making 13.5M this season (Dunn is making 14.5), and he has a .656 OPS.

Konerko failed when the team needed him, and is still nowhere to be found?

Dunn should have been more productive when the team was tanking. But, guess what? So should have De Aza, Ramirez, Flowers, Viciedo, Keppinger, and Konerko.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
So I think this gets lost as Capt re-iterated for himself.

I was sad when Kenny messed up the trade for Dunn. I was happy we got him. I had no issue on the contract he was given. I wanted him to succeed. He has not and I think I have shown why.

Even if he went 60-60 with 60 homers it still can't help the 2013 team. I am glad he is playing well now.
It can help him possibly get to a new team which I think is best for the 2014 White Sox.

Well, yeah, we all agree with this.

My problem is when people still try to rag on Dunn when its been pointed out, time, after time, after time, that Dunn has been solid since May 1st. (But as you said, you've acknowledge that, so its cool)

Dews and I get it. We know that 2011 was an abomination of a season, and Dunn hasn't been worth the contract thus far. Maybe next season in a contract year he hits 45HR and the team gets to the playoffs and maybe it balances itself out.

But, some people on here, WSI, Soxtalk, etc just can't seem to give the guy an ounce of credit and it infuriates me.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
You have said this multiple times. How do you know he did this and if so, when he did that? The stuff before has come out that Dunn is uncoachable. So I would be interested in readin anything on this. I am not saying you are wrong, but I would like something to back it up.

The numbers speak for themselves. Plus Stoney has said it a dozen times.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The numbers speak for themselves. Plus Stoney has said it a dozen times.

So we have Adam Dunn who refuses to fix flaws in his swing/approach until after the team is out of the race? OK. What's the reason behind him stinking prior?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Well, yeah, we all agree with this.

My problem is when people still try to rag on Dunn when its been pointed out, time, after time, after time, that Dunn has been solid since May 1st. (But as you said, you've acknowledge that, so its cool)

Dews and I get it. We know that 2011 was an abomination of a season, and Dunn hasn't been worth the contract thus far. Maybe next season in a contract year he hits 45HR and the team gets to the playoffs and maybe it balances itself out.

But, some people on here, WSI, Soxtalk, etc just can't seem to give the guy an ounce of credit and it infuriates me.

I think you mean since June 1. I posted his Thru April and Thru May 2013 numbers. Awful.

To use your line modified a bit:

But, some people on here, just can't seem to give the guy justified criticism and it drives away traffic IMO.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Maybe next season in a contract year he hits 45HR and the team gets to the playoffs and maybe it balances itself out.

Maybe he does and that would be great. But if they get an offer at any point in the off season they need to trade him. Too big of a risk otherwise,.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
So we have Adam Dunn who refuses to fix flaws in his swing/approach until after the team is out of the race? OK. What's the reason behind him stinking prior?

Flaw in his swing?

Oh yeah, a career .240 .370 .499 .870 126 OPS+ is such a flawed hitter

I think you mean since June 1. I posted his Thru April and Thru May 2013 numbers. Awful.

To use your line modified a bit:

But, some people on here, just can't seem to give the guy justified criticism and it drives away traffic IMO.

No? From May 1st on Dunn has an .842 OPS.

Criticism? I fucking said 2011 sucked and that said that Dunn should have been productive to start the season.

To borrow from your book: Learn to read

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love how the homers won't attack Konerko because of this dumb "C" on his chest and the 2005 World Series.

There was many factors to this bad season, Dunn is not one of them.

Flowers: Was supposed to balance out AJs value by means of defense. Neither his bat (power) or defense have been good.
Ramirez: He has decided to not hit for any power and play a horrible SS.
Keppinger: Did not produce previous OBP numbers
Rios: Played some bad defense
De Aza: Hit well, ran bases bad, has had issues with defense
Viciedo: while super young he has played bad defense and has had a horrible approach at the plate.

Overall RISP and bad defense has plague this team.

This is not a Dunn issue. This whole clutch thing is just fucking stupid.

Start blasting Konerko if you are going to blast dunn. If you wont GTFO of this thread.

Thanks,
Dews

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Right, but you guys act like the whole ... season is on Dunn.

In the first month, NOBODY was hitting expect for Gillespie, and Rios. Beckham, but he was out.

Why is nobody going after Konerko? He's making 13.5M this season (Dunn is making 14.5), and he has a .656 OPS.

Dunn should have been more productive when the team was tanking. But, guess what? So should have De Aza, Ramirez, Flowers, Viciedo, Keppinger, and Konerko.

It's not all on Dunn. Not by a long shot. But has been said like a whole bunch of times in this thread, this thread is about Adam Dunn, not Paul Konerko or Rios, or Ramirez or...

Should I start talking about lack of fan support for the team affecting finances which affects player development/acquisitions which is also a reason to some degree on why the 2013 White Sox aren't successful?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I love how the homers won't attack Konerko because of this dumb "C" on his chest and the 2005 World Series.

There was many factors to this bad season, Dunn is not one of them.

Stop right there. See, lack of reality. Refusal to criticize Dunn right there. Credibility completely lost as he ignores the horribleness of Dunn in April and May. Can't read any further because of Dews blindness. Your blindess too whtiesox901 as you thanked the post, no?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Since 2011:

Alex Rios: .271/309/431/740 96 wRC+
Adam Dunn:. 200/322/412/733 99 wRC+

Its closer than I thought it would be. I think its pretty much a wash, but Dunn is still the, slightly, better player.

And if you pick other stats like OPS+ Dunn is slightly behind.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Flaw in his swing?

Oh yeah, a career .240 .370 .499 .870 126 OPS+ is such a flawed hitter

Which he hasn't hit with the team he plays for even once, right? Or come close either. This might be the year finally. And I would be happy about that because it might get him off the team sooner than later.

Criticism? I ...said 2011 sucked and that said that Dunn should have been productive to start the season.

To borrow from your book: Learn to read[/QUOTE]

Can you show me the post you said that? A few of us had been saying that all year long. And even in your own comparison you eliminate the Dunn year when comparing him to others.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny how Dews bashes a guy like Rios, yet defends Dunn to no end.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Can you show me the post you said that?

Right, but you guys act like the whole shitty season is on Dunn.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Stop right there. See, lack of reality. Refusal to criticize Dunn right there. Credibility completely lost as he ignores the horribleness of Dunn in April and May. Can't read any further because of Dews blindness. Your blindess too whtiesox901 as you thanked the post, no?

Yeah, we're blind, Brett. Maybe Jesus should give us our vision back. :rolleyes:

Nevermind that I've acknowledged how useless Dunn was in April and May.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last 7 days, he's killing the ball...hitting .172

:fap:

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
You really have to be grasping for air in an argument if you're going to lament over someone having a bad week.

Status
Not open for further replies.