The Adam Dunn Debate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
And I'm not sure where to find BA w RISP, but I have a feeling Rios was better at that as well, but not sure.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Well, since you clearly love the Dunn of 2012 so much and OBP, you realize Rios was 334 and Dunn was 333? He had over 100 more K's, while having 6 more RBI and 16 (?) more HR's. I'll take Rios and his higher OBP and 25 SB's while hitting 20 more doubles and 8 more triples. But if you want 40 HRs and a .200 average with 225 K's and want to spend 2.5 million more on him, Dunn is your man.

In fact, I wish you were a GM so Kenny could unload Dunn to you with his "40 HRs a year" speech.

What if Dews is Kenny :bizarro:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Through Highs And Lows Dunn Remains Calm

Well, since you clearly love the Dunn of 2012 so much and OBP, you realize Rios was 334 and Dunn was 333? He had over 100 more K's, while having 6 more RBI and 16 (?) more HR's. I'll take Rios and his higher OBP and 25 SB's while hitting 20 more doubles and 8 more triples. But if you want 40 HRs and a .200 average with 225 K's and want to spend 2.5 million more on him, Dunn is your man.

In fact, I wish you were a GM so Kenny could unload Dunn to you with his "40 HRs a year" speech.

1) an out is an out. 2) hrs>doubles and stolen bases. your opinion is just foolish. let me guess you would take juan pierre over him due to BA and speed and stuff. il ask you this, before last year how much money was wasted on alex rios? all that money in all those years for what? one good year. cmon now.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

anyway. 11 hrs now. too bad he didnt hit a double instead or a single and steal a base. :rolleyes:

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
batting average it still too lowz and stuffz

Last edited:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
anyway. 11 hrs now. too bad he didnt hit a double instead or a single and steal a base. :rolleyes:
That's not fair IMO either Dews.

To me you're trying to marginalize Rios' production more than the Rios people are marginalizing Dunn's production.

:shrug:

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
That's not fair IMO either Dews.

To me you're trying to marginalize Rios' production more than the Rios people are marginalizing Dunn's production.

:shrug:

Not really.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
How so?

Every player on the team especially dunn and Rios need to contribute to their best.

Dews wasn't downplaying Rios. He was pointing out that absurdness when people want Dunn to do other than his three true outcomes (Home run, walk, and strike out).

Sox didn't sign Dunn to slap a single to right and steal second. That is Rios' game, not Dunn's.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Dews wasn't downplaying Rios. He was pointing out that absurdness when people want Dunn to do other than his three true outcomes (Home run, walk, and strike out).

Sox didn't sign Dunn to slap a single to right and steal second. That is Rios' game, not Dunn's.

finally! someone gets it! and of course it is 901!

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
1) an out is an out.

No one has ever posted evidence to that fact. A ball in play seems to always be > then a ball not in play. So given that an out isn't just an out. A strikeout is never productive.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

The problem is Dunn isn't doing his game other than the K's. Last year he hit 40 bombs and it was the worst 40 tater year ever. And his ob% has been all career lows for him, even last year.

We need more and we need consistency. Dunn is a major reason on our record stinking.

Now the other side, he's changed his swing for the third time this year and it looks great the past week. If he keeps 3/4 of that kind of production for the remainder of the season it will be tremendous.

And I don't think you will find a single post where folks asked Dunn to steal, or bunt, or a whole bunch of things

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

No one has ever posted evidence to that fact. A ball in play seems to always be > then a ball not in play. So given that an out isn't just an out. A strikeout is never productive.

scroll down. i created a thread about it.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Thanks. I read it and I think there are some points the writer misses.
Ground outs being 20% more favorable than Strikeouts.
Guys that strike out a ton don't see a runner on Third or second and say, Let's hit a deep fly ball. Well, they say it but usually they can't because they have issues with contact.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Thanks. I read it and I think there are some points the writer misses.
Ground outs being 20% more favorable than Strikeouts.
Guys that strike out a ton don't see a runner on Third or second and say, Let's hit a deep fly ball. Well, they say it but usually they can't because they have issues with contact.

lol ok brett

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Back to the same ole shit.

This guy is an embarrassment to the Sox uniform.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Sucking will drag everyone else down. I don't want to wear out Sale this year while we're dog shit.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

17 bombs in mid june. but "teh battingszz averageszzz"

Status
Not open for further replies.