Give Theo time

Chris J

Chris Jelinek
Liked Posts:
We all know the Cubs havent won in forever. Obviously there' been numerous general managers/presidents that have worked for the organization and try to bring them a championship. Some have come close but never achieved the ultimate goal.

Theo and Jed have been here for a year and a half, why is everyone bashing them already? If you really think anyone was going to walk into the position and build a contending team right away is crazy. Ive never heard such crazy things on here before such as rebuilding an entire farm system while contending.

Look at what Jim Hendry did. He signed free agents or traded for players. Sometimes they were contenders but they never had sustained success for over a long period of time. Theo and Jed believe the key to long term success is by building a farm system with great player development and scouting.

I don't know about anyone else but I don't want to contend for 2 years and then be average again. I want the Cubs to be consistent contenders for a long period of time. There is a reason Theo and Jed are working for one of the most historic franchises in baseball and all of sports and you're sitting at home. You can judge their plan in two years.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
there_will_be_blood_ver4_xlg.jpg

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
This should be entertaining.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
We all know the Cubs havent won in forever. Obviously there' been numerous general managers/presidents that have worked for the organization and try to bring them a championship. Some have come close but never achieved the ultimate goal.

Theo and Jed have been here for a year and a half, why is everyone bashing them already? If you really think anyone was going to walk into the position and build a contending team right away is crazy. Ive never heard such crazy things on here before such as rebuilding an entire farm system while contending.

Look at what Jim Hendry did. He signed free agents or traded for players. Sometimes they were contenders but they never had sustained success for over a long period of time. Theo and Jed believe the key to long term success is by building a farm system with great player development and scouting.

I don't know about anyone else but I don't want to contend for 2 years and then be average again. I want the Cubs to be consistent contenders for a long period of time. There is a reason Theo and Jed are working for one of the most historic franchises in baseball and all of sports and you're sitting at home. You can judge their plan in two years.

Dumb.

Willrust

Liked Posts:

Bashing them already? They were given as much a chance as Milton Bradley.

Other than that, preaching to the choir.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

What's coming in 2 years? Surely it won't be the farm. Hell, they are at low-A and high-A ball right now. I don't know how many Stephen Strasburgs and Bryce Harpers we have in the organization that can make an immediate impact, but judging that the talent isn't even at AA yet, my guess would be that it will take a little longer than 2 years, unless of course, the free agent market comes into play which up until now, has been non-existant and shows no sign of changing anytime soon.

It's also funny that a lot of people said when Theo took over, to wait for a couple of years before judging. Now, there apparently is another 2 year wait to once again judge.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:

Really fucking dumb

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
It's also funny that a lot of people said when Theo took over, to wait for a couple of years before judging. Now, there apparently is another 2 year wait to once again judge.

We were told on CBS by the idiots there, some of whom have come over here as part of the choir, that it was unfair to judge them in the first year.

Now that year has past and we were provided the worst season of Cubs baseball in most of our lives. Nope, still too soon to judge.

Now in the second year of what has all the makings of the worst two year period in the HISTORY OF THE WORST FRANCHISE IN BASEBALL, it is still too soon judge.

Now we are supposed to wait till the start of the last year of their contract before we can begin judging, while other teams will have already turned around their teams and gone to the playoffs??

Dumbest thing I've ever read.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Given who's in your avy, not surprising you're a Theo nut sucker.

Chris J

Chris Jelinek
Liked Posts:
What's coming in 2 years? Surely it won't be the farm. Hell, they are at low-A and high-A ball right now. I don't know how many Stephen Strasburgs and Bryce Harpers we have in the organization that can make an immediate impact, but judging that the talent isn't even at AA yet, my guess would be that it will take a little longer than 2 years, unless of course, the free agent market comes into play which up until now, has been non-existant and shows no sign of changing anytime soon.

-In response to this, learn your information because Low-A hasnt even started right now and none of our top prospects are there. Underwood(18years old) and Blackburn(19) may be there when they start in June. Almora will be in Middle-A when he returns from injury.

-Soler is in his first full season with the Cubs. Playing really well. He will be up to AA in July probably. Baez was in his first full season last year and got hurt after being promoted to High-A so nothing you can do about that. He could make Tennessee in July.

-When the Cubs big prospects are getting closer to major league ready then the Cubs will start making a splash in free agency. Just like the Nats got Werth a year before Harper was coming up. So yes, things will change is this aspect.

-When they took over, I said not to judge them for 3 years. So don't argue my statements by something other people said.

Chris J

Chris Jelinek
Liked Posts:
Given who's in your avy, not surprising you're a Theo nut sucker.

Since I don't really come on here that often, I dont feel like wasting time to get a new avy. Its been Theo since before he was hired. Given you avy, its not surprise you're gonna bash me.

Chris J

Chris Jelinek
Liked Posts:
We were told on CBS by the idiots there, some of whom have come over here as part of the choir, that it was unfair to judge them in the first year.

Now that year has past and we were provided the worst season of Cubs baseball in most of our lives. Nope, still too soon to judge.

Now in the second year of what has all the makings of the worst two year period in the HISTORY OF THE WORST FRANCHISE IN BASEBALL, it is still too soon judge.

Now we are supposed to wait till the start of the last year of their contract before we can begin judging, while other teams will have already turned around their teams and gone to the playoffs??

Dumbest thing I've ever read.

I dont know why you listen to then them? Pretty extreme to say this is the worst two year period in the history of the franchise.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
-When they took over, I said not to judge them for 3 years. So don't argue my statements by something other people said.

So we can argue how stupid throwing away 3 years is then? This is professional sports and waiting three years to make a judgement is absurdly ignorant.

Fuck, in three years it looks like the Orioles could be in their third post season in three years with a GM hired the same offseason as Theo.

Chris J

Chris Jelinek
Liked Posts:
So we can argue how stupid throwing away 3 years is then? This is professional sports and waiting three years to make a judgement is absurdly ignorant.

Fuck, in three years it looks like the Orioles could be in their third post season in three years with a GM hired the same offseason as Theo.

Orioles already had many pieces in place. They had Jones, Machado, Wieters, Markakis. Weren't many players away from success.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Pretty extreme to say this is the worst two year period in the history of the franchise.

What stupidity did you just run your mouth with?? Something about learning your information first???

Last year was the second most losses in a season by a Cubs team EVER.

The most losses for the Cubs in a two year period is 193. They lost 101 lost year, so if they lose 93 this year that will make the worst two year period in the history of the franchise. They are currently on pace to lose 100 games again this year which will easily make this the worst two year period in franchise history.

The more you talk the less you prove you know.

Chris J

Chris Jelinek
Liked Posts:

I forgot to mention. In Harper's first full year, he was on the same track as Baez. He spent the first half of the season in Middle-A and then was promoted to A+ after 72 games.

But it's not far to judge any prospect to Bryce Harper. We can all agree he is a once in a lifetime player.

Chris J

Chris Jelinek
Liked Posts:
The Cubs were playing better baseball in June and July. If they didnt trade Dempster, Soto, Malhom, and Johnson, they wouldnt have been as bad. But they still wouldn't have made the playoffs so there was no reason to hanging on to those players.

Same will happen this year with guys like DeJesus, Villanueva, Feldman, Garza

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Orioles already had many pieces in place. They had Jones, Machado, Wieters, Markakis. Weren't many players away from success.

And with all those pieces in place they had 90+ games for six straight seasons and 14 straight losing seasons.

Machado was hardly a factor at all last year and Markakis only played barely 100 games, but when Markakis did go down they picked up McClouth off the scrap heap who provided a great replacement.

Duquette brought in the team's #1 and #2 starters in Hammel and Chen.

Also about half the bullpen was brought in with Lindstrom, Ayala, and O'Day that helped the Orioles to a 29-9 record in one run games and a ridiculous 16-2 record in extra inning games which was by far the biggest reason the team made the playoffs.

He also hired Rick Peterson as the Director of Pitching Development who totally turned around the careers of Chris Tillman and Brian Matusz.

But other than all that, he didn't do much.

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
Oct. 19, 2011. Theo named Pres. Both Theo and Ricketts said each season is "precious" and there will not be any "throw away seasons" . By June, Theo is telling Cub fans that he has to blow the whole thing up and start from scratch, it may take many years. Theo, being as smart as he's made out to be, didn't realize the shambles the Cub farm system was in????? I think they gave false hope to the fan base, by saying payroll will be maintained, only to maintain ticket sales for at least one more year.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Oct. 19, 2011. Theo named Pres. Both Theo and Ricketts said each season is "precious" and there will not be any "throw away seasons" . By June, Theo is telling Cub fans that he has to blow the whole thing up and start from scratch, it may take many years. Theo, being as smart as he's made out to be, didn't realize the shambles the Cub farm system was in????? I think they gave false hope to the fan base, by saying payroll will be maintained, only to maintain ticket sales for at least one more year.

Smart.