What to do with Deng

What should the Bulls do with SF Luol Deng?

• Total voters

sicko

Liked Posts:
Butler is ready to be a starter and has All Star potential himself, Deng will be a expiring contract next season so if they want to move him I don't think it will be hard and I think we can get a good player or two back for him especially with him being a All Star Player

Should get something for him instead of just letting him walk at the end of the 2013/14 season and going with Butler, or maybe Nikola Mirotic takes over at SF and Butler can play SG:shrug:...but no question Paxson and Gar need to make a least ONE BIG MOVE this off season

Bulls will find a steal in this draft with that #20 pick I am sure, one thing Paxson and Gar does well is DRAFT!

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Mirotic is nowhere near quick enough to play the NBA SF. He can shoot at an elite level for the NBA, and has a lot of strength and decent court speed. At PF, he's serviceable, defensively. At SF, he's going to get burned by half of the league.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who?

Deng?

because of the way this team just played, I prefer to get rid of Bellinelli and Hamilton, and make a decision on Kirk and Nate with that money.

I would trade for the rockets crazy player. Chicago is closer to his home, and he can bus to all games in the division plus play home games. They shouldnt ask more than our second rounder for White.

I believe he is a SF, and we can wait to see how that is going before making a decision on Deng at trade deadline.

The guy Scottie likes would make a good SF in the first. I would like to go for a big, like if say Olynik was available he has some potential as an active big in our defense. Needs to get tougher, stronger, but he can

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I would trade for the rockets crazy player. Chicago is closer to his home, and he can bus to all games in the division plus play home games. They shouldnt ask more than our second rounder for White.

yeah, no thanks...that kid has serious issues

Daa Bearrs

Liked Posts:
Why does everyone want to get rid of Deng? He's still a DAMN GOOD player.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah, no thanks...that kid has serious issues

His value is obviously low right now. The big thing to me is that Texas is huge. You can hardly bus to games within state. With us Milwaukee, Clevaland, Indiana, Detroit, Minnesota and maybe a few others if you were in play-offs are all within range.

I would say don't pressure him and let him get into a playoff situation where his desire to play pushes him through his fears.

Your getting a top ten talent for home games who is mentally injured on west coast or deep south trips. He could likely make eastern trips during the season and playoffs.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why does everyone want to get rid of Deng? He's still a DAMN GOOD player.
It's not that we want to necessarily get rid of him, but more so if we do not plan on keeping him, his value is highest right now. He's maxed out as a player and he's not going to get any better. He might be able to maintain this level of play for a couple more years, but it's downhill after that. The fact that Butler has come out and improved so much possibly makes Deng expendable and opens up the possibility of trading him to get some help elsewhere on the roster.

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
PG: Rose
SG: A free agent (Ben Gordon, Kevin Martin, OJ Mayo, Redick, Ginobili, Foye, Tyreke, Monta Ellis) it doesn't matter who.
SF: Butler
PF: Love
C: Noah

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
PG: Rose
SG: A free agent (Ben Gordon, Kevin Martin, OJ Mayo, Redick, Ginobili, Foye, Tyreke, Monta Ellis) it doesn't matter who.
SF: Butler
PF: Love
C: Noah
In a perfect world...we'll be lucky to even get one of those SGs

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
In a perfect world...we'll be lucky to even get one of those SGs

Come on!
Ben Gordon? You will probably get him in a good price.
Manu? Is 35 years old!
Kevin Martin? He is this year's disappointment. No way he can get a very good contract next year.
The rest of them are expensive. But if you want to win, you may have to pay. They are all UFA.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
the only guy i like on that list is BG

hes not a FA this year btw

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
If the Bulls wanted to trade for a player who had health issues that were beyond a normal injury people would scream bloody murder. So why think another team would go for it? The fact that he won't have been on the floor since being ill would be a major question mark that makes his value less to other teams on draft day. That means the Bulls couldn't move up much. OK wait until the deadline, if he comes back what will you get back that will help more getting farther in the playoffs? And if he doesn't come back strong, you won't find any team willing to give up on a damaged player.

They more than likely stick with him and hope for the best. If he comes back and they win it all, some team will give up plenty for a solid veteran presence from a championship team.

sicko

Liked Posts:
Mirotic is nowhere near quick enough to play the NBA SF. He can shoot at an elite level for the NBA, and has a lot of strength and decent court speed. At PF, he's serviceable, defensively. At SF, he's going to get burned by half of the league.

seem way too frail to play PF in the NBA also, he will get murdered in the paint trying to guard Zach Randolph or somebody like that

but I guess we will have to wait until he comes over to see what the Bulls decide to do with him

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
because of the way this team just played, I prefer to get rid of Bellinelli and Hamilton, and make a decision on Kirk and Nate with that money.

I believe he is a SF, and we can wait to see how that is going before making a decision on Deng at trade deadline.

The guy Scottie likes would make a good SF in the first. I would like to go for a big, like if say Olynik was available he has some potential as an active big in our defense. Needs to get tougher, stronger, but he can

Kirk is signed isn't he? Bellinelli might be more valuable than Nate on this team. And there is no reason to pay Nate the money he is going to want when Rose is going to play 35mpg. You really can't have them playing together much, so I don't see Nate staying over Bellinelli.