Liked Posts:
But on a good note, his replacement is young & black and runs a 4.5

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
take cutler off the list?

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4683759/toughest-player-urlacher-surprises-some

Toughest player? Urlacher surprises some

The first name Brian Urlacher mentioned Thursday when asked who was the toughest player he ever faced might surprise some Chicago Bears fans.

"I played against him, and played with him, (Jay) Cutler is tough, man," Urlacher said on "Mike & Mike In The Morning" on ESPN Radio. "I know a lot of people don't like him, and this and that, but I played against him when he was in Denver and I played with him in Chicago, and I'd just rather play with him in Chicago. He's a tough dude."

Urlacher also mentioned Brett Favre, which wouldn't surprise anyone, but as Urlacher mentioned, Cutler is a polarizing figure whose toughness was unfairly questioned by players and fans alike when he couldn't play in the second half of the 2011 NFC title game against the Green Bay Packers. It was later learned he suffered a sprained medial collateral ligament in his knee, and while he tried to play, he couldn't.

Considering the number of hits he's taken since arriving in Chicago in 2009, and being able to bounce back from almost all of them, Cutler being described as tough shouldn't surprise anyone.

tricky5544

Liked Posts:
We will all miss #54 in his prime, but the current vintage needed to retire. For the record, I always liked Briggs better, not because he is/was more physically talented, but Briggs has been the heart & soul of that D for years. Check out any pre-game meetings, huddles, etc. - it's Briggs leading and motivating the players, never #54.

So you know more about thius team then players and coaches. Wow, cause every interview for the past 10 years that I have heard with any bear player all ways says Urlacher is the soul of the Defense.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
It was a blast watching another great Bear bring pride to the franchise and excitement to the fans. Alas, I feel old as fuck watching so many Bear greats come and go, and as always, am looking forward to the new crop of players to see who will be the next great Bear player/s.
FWIW, I was pissed at the shit he said last year, but fuck it..He demonstrated he is one loyal SOG to his team mates and coaches. I hope he fares well in retirement, and perhaps become a good coach for the team some day.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm acdtually really curious as to who the 1 person is he doesn't like: Trestmen, Emery, Cutler? I know it doesn't matter, but I'm super curious.
I'ma go out on a limb and guess the guy who A) fired Lovie, and B) released a statement to the press about moving on five seconds after Url rejected their offer. For the record, I personally don't disagree with either one of those moves. But Url is still saying he doesn't like how the front office handled the negotiation, even while admitting he can't play anymore.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
take cutler off the list?

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4683759/toughest-player-urlacher-surprises-some

Toughest player? Urlacher surprises some

The first name Brian Urlacher mentioned Thursday when asked who was the toughest player he ever faced might surprise some Chicago Bears fans.

"I played against him, and played with him, (Jay) Cutler is tough, man," Urlacher said on "Mike & Mike In The Morning" on ESPN Radio. "I know a lot of people don't like him, and this and that, but I played against him when he was in Denver and I played with him in Chicago, and I'd just rather play with him in Chicago. He's a tough dude."

Urlacher also mentioned Brett Favre, which wouldn't surprise anyone, but as Urlacher mentioned, Cutler is a polarizing figure whose toughness was unfairly questioned by players and fans alike when he couldn't play in the second half of the 2011 NFC title game against the Green Bay Packers. It was later learned he suffered a sprained medial collateral ligament in his knee, and while he tried to play, he couldn't.

Considering the number of hits he's taken since arriving in Chicago in 2009, and being able to bounce back from almost all of them, Cutler being described as tough shouldn't surprise anyone.

Interesting...Brett Favre is pretty tough

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Other than not sign Urlacher, and replace him with a guy who is too dumb to call the plays.

Your Honor I submit this as evidence of speculation.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Isn't this the same guy who wrecked his Lamborghini, left the scene of the accident, called police to report it stolen, then called back to say he made it up? Overruled!!

I think he was saying DJ was too dumb to call the defense because Briggs was doing it in practice. Therefore Emery is an idiot.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
DJ Williams went to the same school as Hester.

I'll allow the speculation.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I understand my opinion is in the minority. It doesn't hurt my feelings that people don't agree. You can call me an assbag like the rest of the people here, I don't care lol.

I'm saying fuck him for being a jerk to (many peoples personal stories) and about fans. Of course they are going to boo when you give them a reason to boo you.

I still love him for his years of service and time on the team. I have his jersey and still will wear it. Just doesn't sit well with how he left coupled with past comments about fans.
Yeah he wasn't John Stockton squeaky clean, but he also wasn't Ty Cobb fuck stick. These are just men, whose ass has been kissed since high school, plus they play football, not golf or polo. They are bred to have an edge. Being surprised when they go off a little is sort of like being shocked when a lion rips a trainer to pieces. The ones that have the patience to endure for all the media and fan badgering with grace are the exception to the rule.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
I understand my opinion is in the minority. It doesn't hurt my feelings that people don't agree. You can call me an assbag like the rest of the people here, I don't care lol.

I'm saying fuck him for being a jerk to (many peoples personal stories) and about fans. Of course they are going to boo when you give them a reason to boo you.

I still love him for his years of service and time on the team. I have his jersey and still will wear it. Just doesn't sit well with how he left coupled with past comments about fans.

Just doesn't sit well with how he left>>>

Do fans have any right to judge?.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Your not an ass bag for having that opinion. Urlacher was not the most friendly guy, and I think the difference of opinion comes from whether we believe he should have been or not.

I hate the chicago media personally, and the sensationalist aspect of media and banter over the smallest things can be annoying. If a player handles it poorly its just fine with me. fuck it. Fuck us. Fuck them.

fuck urlacher but also respect him as a player between the whistles. I thought Lovie hurt his career by removing the block eaters in front of him and taking away his strength of side to side the first 10 years of his career.

As good as he was, I think he could have been better based off first 3 years and lack of adjustment just watching him fail to break blocks and continuing to roll with the smallest DT's in the league.

I was dissappointed at times with the fluctuation of his fitness, especially the Paris Hilton year, and toward the end. Lovie did him no favors playing him more snaps than anybody even as he aged, its too easy to point to week 17 2011.

A small part of me hopes something occurs with our roster need and his heart that we see him around week 10 this year for one last rodeo, but if his heart is done, his career is done and its time for all to move on.

Thanks rush for your thoughts, I understand them and as Urlacher said with Eison...."he is a bear fan for life now." He is one of us, just looking from the outside in now, and I bet he holds his opinion the same now as he expressed he felt about ours from the inside.

proton

Liked Posts:
If i were Urlacher I'd hate Lovie and Angelo forever. All those years busting his ass and no championships to show for it just because those 2 dick heads couldn't assemble a competent offense.