My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
images

“WE WILL” promises the Magic will do whatever it takes to put a winner on the floor and create a product Magic fans and partners can be proud of on all fronts. The shift from “Be Magic” to “WE WILL” was made to update the Magic’s message and reaffirm the franchise’s desire to be great. Hallmarks of the campaign are in the Magic’s mantra of hard work, competing every night, leading and inspiring as the Magic strive for excellence via integrity, strength, resilience and togetherness.

images

After what Dwight Howard put the Magic through, I've made a decision. The Magic, along with all other teams are able to rebuild their franchises. The fantasy draft took place July 23 2012.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Orlando Magic with the 17th pick in the draft select in the following order

Deron Williams
Andre Iguodala
Kawhi Leonard
Jeff Green
Taj Gibson
Javale McGee
Nick Young
Shane Battier
Mike Miller
Chris Andersen
Eric Maynor
Nazr Mohammed

images

Orlando Magic Coach Jacque Vaughn on the team assembled.

I know Deron has gotten a bad rap around the league for getting coaches fired. We're assured however that he will be all in, that he will part of the "we will." We're looking forward to bringing Orlando it's first NBA championship.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
images

Iggy Scores 17 in Season Opener Against Nuggets

Andre Iguodala came ready to play opening night, making 7/10 shots, including 3/4 from 3 pt. land. "I think its great that we're all together. We believe that as a cohesive unit, we can accomplish anything." Deron Williams scored 20 to lead the Magic in scoring, and was part of the 4 starters who scored in double figures. Coach Jacque Vaughn said that he's glad the Howard drama is over "I'm glad we can just go play basketball. It's just easier to play instead of worrying about where everyone's gonna be next year or whatever. These guys are in for this season, and will address the consequences at the end of the season." The Magic remain at home against the Suns.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
mike-james-13-nba.jpg

The Magic announced after their win against Denver that they have signed Mike James to a veteran's minimum contract for the rest of the season. After Eric Maynor struggled with 3 turnovers in the first game, the decision was clear to sign a veteran to backup Deron Williams. "We just want to have insurance in case Deron goes down with an injury" coach Jacque Vaughn said. Vaughn added that Maynor will no longer be in the rotation.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
images

Deron's 22 Pace the Magic to Their Second Win

Deron Williams unselfishness is contaigious, as he scored 22 points and dished out 8 assists in a 99-79 win over Denver. "I don't know what it is, but guys are getting open, and I'm making the extra pass. It's easy now. It's great to have (fellow Team USA member) Andre Iguodala making open 3's. I know he's been working on that for awhile." Iguodala matched Williams' 22 points on the night, and made 4/6 3 pt. attempts. The Magic head to Chicago in search of their 3 straight win.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A True Team Effort in Win vs. Bulls

After being by 6 early in the first quarter, Magic coach Jacques Vaughn had a decision to make. He had to decide whether or not to call a timeout and bring in the bench unit early. He decided to stick with the starters and was rewarded for his patience. Jeff Green matched Carmelo Anthony's 28 points, but was supported by Iguodala's 27, Deron Williams scored 18, and Nick Young made his first meaningful impact off the bench with 17 pts on 7-7 shooting. "It was great to finally get some meaningful minutes." Young said after the win. "It's hard to score when we're killing clock in the 4th, it was great to make a difference in the game." Young came in for Iguodala in the first quarter with about 5 minutes left after Iguodala picked up two quick fouls. The Magic get no rest as they head for a game in Minnesota tomorrow.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trying to take my time with this one and not get burned out.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
After 5-7 games, I'll post some league leader stats.

So far after 3 games, Iguodala leads the league in scoring :andruw:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
After 5-7 games, I'll post some league leader stats.

So far after 3 games, Iguodala leads the league in scoring :andruw:
I generally always lead the league in scoring because the CPU cheeses so hard that I have to shoot 60% the whole game to win. Results in 130 point games. :elephant:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I generally always lead the league in scoring because the CPU cheeses so hard that I have to shoot 60% the whole game to win. Results in 130 point games. :elephant:

Yeah...I do 8 min quarters..get some more realistic stats. Still odd that Iguodala is leading the league over Green and Deron.

Also, having a hard time feeding McGee. Any tips to get him some points?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Young Scores 26 Off Bench as Magic Win 4th Straight

i

After some complaining about his lack of meaningful minutes, Nick Young showed the Magic what they were missing out on. He scored 26 pts and had 9 assists in a 94-87 win over Minnesota. "It's great man. We're winning, and I'm getting meaningful minutes. The best of both worlds." When asked whether he'd prefer the team win or get more minutes, he gave a surprising answer. "I know I have the rap around the NBA as a me-first guy, but whatever it takes. We will win if we all believe." Iguodala put 21 on the board, and Battier drilled 4 3's off the bench to assist Young on the night. Next, the Magic head home for a home-home series with Brooklyn.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rumors are circling around Orlando that after two straight scoreless nights that Javele McGee is on the trading block. Phoenix has offered Carlos Boozer, Cleveland is offering Chris Kaman, and Brooklyn has offered Anderson Varjaeo. A local photographer documented McGee's reaction as

images

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Magic Acquire Kaman

i

The Orlando Magic announce that they have acquired Chris Kaman for Javele McGee. "We feel that Chris provides us with a better player going forward" Magic GM Rob Hennigan said. Rumors are that the Magic will attempt to sign Kaman to a team-friendly extension soon.

Last edited:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i

Kawhi Leonard Arrives

After a relatively quiet first four games from Leonard, he scores 19 points in a 92-85 Magic win over Brooklyn. He did this on 8-9 shooting. "Man it feels great to score," he said. "But, the points and stats don't matter if we don't get the W," he added. Williams, Igoudala and Young scored 18, 17, and 16 respectively as the Magic won their 5th game in a row. Rumor has it that Magic GM was nowhere to be seen in the locker room after the win, and Jeff Green was asked to leave the post-game locker room.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i

Magic Acquire David West

The Magic continue to gain expiring contracts, as they acquired David West for Jeff Green and a 2nd round pick in 2014. Rob Hennigan said, "We loved Green's positional flexibilty, but Coach Vaughn wanted more low post scoring. We gave him his wish, along with benefiting the team going forward with an expiring contract." The Magic have to get West into the fold quickly as they head up to Brooklyn in search of their sixth straight win.