**MLB Draft Thread**

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Post all your new MLB Draft insights and information here.

I had a dream last night, about the draft. Moran went 1st, Appel went third...and guess who the Cubs took?
A 6'2 point guard out of Illinois....

Yup...that's my Cubbies

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Had too many Budweisers last night and can't remember what my dream was about.

My shorts weren't crusty in the morning, so my guess is that it wasn't very productive anyway.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
the more i think about it, i think they have to grab either Appel or Gray ..
they just dont have many quality arms in their system, let alone one that can be a top of rotation starter..

would make for a nice top 3 at some point next year or start of 2015 with garza(extend), samardzija, and appel/gray..
If wood can continue to build on what he doing this year, he'd be a solid no.4 lefty..

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Really? I suggest having one less long neck so you can have a little more fun with the other long neck. Just my perspective. :cum:

LOL. I love ya brother.

At this time, once again, I may not have the long neck needed but can compensate with the pile-driving ass.

I'll have to etch your words in stone so I can remember them.

I'm already close to being back to where I was last night. I'm just about finished with my second bottle of merlot, after a bloody mary for breakfast, Budweisers on standby.

We are having a party here starting at 2:00pm.

It's going to be a long day.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
LOL. I love ya brother.

At this time, once again, I may not have the long neck needed but can compensate with the pile-driving ass.

I'll have to etch your words in stone so I can remember them.

I'm already close to being back to where I was last night. I'm just about finished with my second bottle of merlot, after a bloody mary for breakfast, Budweisers on standby.

We are having a party here starting at 2:00pm.

It's going to be a long day.

Ah yes! The good ol' days. I remember them well.

Nothing like waking up after a bender with Taco Bell lettuce on my chest because I was passed out in an upright position on the couch. :beer:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I believe it will be Appel.

System wise:

Hendricks AA: 5-2 2.47 1.08 WHIP Seems to be separating himself this year.

other arms:

Iowa Rusin is the best starter. 4-4 3.35 ERA 1.15 WHIP OK not great.

Daytona: not much. sucks and waste of a good O.
Kyler Burke about it and it sounds like they might lose him to rule V or F/A anyways.

Kane CO

Johnson 3-4 2.89 ERA 1.26 WHIP
Maples 0-1 9.18 ERA 1.62 WHIP

Underwood and Blackburn still in Mesa. Should see them either in Azl Cubs or Boise.

They have to take one of the 2.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Have to believe that Pierce Johnson will be getting the bump to Daytona very soon.

patg006

Liked Posts:
Have to believe that Pierce Johnson will be getting the bump to Daytona very soon.

After a shitty start, he has been solid. If he's lights out after the next one, send him up.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
After a shitty start, he has been solid. If he's lights out after the next one, send him up.

Daytona needs any pitching it can get.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Daytona needs any pitching it can get.

They should promote Johnson, Shoulders and Almora then demote Hendricks. That way Kking Theo can have something to point to when talking about the rewarding Journey.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Yep.......err Appel.....Appel....6th...... K

chibears55

Liked Posts:
The Cubs have spent most of their recent draft prep discussing their second and third round selections (41st and 75th overall) rather than who to take with the second overall choice, reports MLB.com's Carrie Muskat. "We’ve probably discussed No. 2 for about two hours of the four days we’ve been here," said Jason McLeod, the Cubs' senior vice president for scouting and player development. "We’ll get into those guys more this week."
Those guys are Gray, Appel, Bryant, and Moran, according to Muskat in that same piece.
McLeod doesn't want the Cubs to pigeonhole themselves into using the second overall pick on need (starting pitching); but, instead are looking for a player "to provide significant impact and hopefully get us to where we want to go on a consistent basis," writes Bruce Miles of the Daily Herald.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
they just dont have many quality arms in their system, let alone one that can be a top of rotation starter..

Good thing they traded one away for a guy who has been an average at best 1B and passed on one in the first round of the draft last year.

They could have been looking at a stable of Garza, Samardzija, Cashner, Appel and Gray if Houston passes on him at #1.

THAT would be something to get excited about.

But somehow I have the feeling that by the end of the year there will only be two of those names in the organization.

CherokeeReds

Liked Posts:
Good thing they traded one away for a guy who has been an average at best 1B.

Cashner will be 27 before the end of this season, owns a 9-13 record in the major leagues with an ERA above 4.00 and a WHIP above 1.3, and has shown a knack for getting hurt. Sounds below league average to me, just sayin.

Reactions: X

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Cashner will be 27 before the end of this season, owns a 9-13 record in the major leagues with an ERA above 4.00 and a WHIP above 1.3, and has shown a knack for getting hurt. Sounds below league average to me, just sayin.

Yeah, I'm a Rizzo fan, and a Cashner fan from his time here...But to those that think we'd be far better off w/ Cash instead of Rizzo -- what's your basis on that? Not trolling or anything, legit question. He's a nice piece, but hasn't shown me he's a #2 starter on a good team. :shrug:

patg006

Liked Posts:
Saw an article from Carrie 'the musky rat' talking about 1st round pick being decided and the next few days talking about the 2-10 picks...

•The Cubs have spent most of their recent draft prep discussing their second and third round selections (41st and 75th overall) rather than who to take with the second overall choice, reports MLB.com's Carrie Muskat. "We’ve probably discussed No. 2 for about two hours of the four days we’ve been here," said Jason McLeod, the Cubs' senior vice president for scouting and player development. "We’ll get into those guys more this week."

:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

:X

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saw an article from Carrie 'the musky rat' talking about 1st round pick being decided and the next few days talking about the 2-10 picks...

•The Cubs have spent most of their recent draft prep discussing their second and third round selections (41st and 75th overall) rather than who to take with the second overall choice, reports MLB.com's Carrie Muskat. "We’ve probably discussed No. 2 for about two hours of the four days we’ve been here," said Jason McLeod, the Cubs' senior vice president for scouting and player development. "We’ll get into those guys more this week."

:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

:X

Can't say I'm surprised, They pick 2 so they have 2 options either take the pitcher that Houston didn't take or take one of the position guys. Later rounds take a ton more work.