Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My favorite 2k moment was signing LeBron to the Bulls after he took his early termination option in 2014. The first game of the season I went up against the Wizards and I was taking the ball up the court with him. Nene then comes up, strips me, and takes it the length of the floor and dunks it. My second favorite moment was getting ripped by Kendrick Perkins with LeBron. 2k is such a realistic basketball game it's incredible :shifty:

I still can't figure out how anyone likes the 2k series it's such ass.

nba-live-08.png

That's a picture from NBA Live.....08. Sadly the graphics are better in that game then this new 2k game.
Other than when the game first came out and getting steals was insanely easy, I have no idea how either of those two players could strip Lebron...and even in the beginning I don't think I saw anything like that.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Other than when the game first came out and getting steals was insanely easy, I have no idea how either of those two players could strip Lebron...and even in the beginning I don't think I saw anything like that.

I find that PG's get stripped easy, by anyone when you're playing a CPU. After both of those happened to me I just shut off my console because I can't deal with that. NBA Live doesn't have that stupid shit and it doesn't have stuff that online users can just abuse, you actually have to play basketball. The graphics aren't that great, as seen by the picture pooh posted. Looks like the same as back in 2k11. Plus the player ratings suck. How is it possible for someone to have an 80+ 3 point rating but then only a below 70 mid range shot? That literally makes no sense but that's typical 2k.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I find that PG's get stripped easy, by anyone when you're playing a CPU. After both of those happened to me I just shut off my console because I can't deal with that. NBA Live doesn't have that stupid shit and it doesn't have stuff that online users can just abuse, you actually have to play basketball. The graphics aren't that great, as seen by the picture pooh posted. Looks like the same as back in 2k11. Plus the player ratings suck. How is it possible for someone to have an 80+ 3 point rating but then only a below 70 mid range shot? That literally makes no sense but that's typical 2k.
:shrug: I've never had an issue with getting stripped unless you're trying to force something in the paint. Idk if that's what you're referring to, but on the perimeter most reach ins are fouls.

It's true that the graphics haven't changed since 2k11, but with next gen coming out soon idk how much improvement you were expecting. As for the 3pt/midrange thing...it is possible for some players to be good at shooting 3s and not as good from mid. There are some players that basically only go for 3s and layups and completely ignore midrange and thus their midrange is not as good. But maybe I'm just making excuses :dunno:

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
:shrug: I've never had an issue with getting stripped unless you're trying to force something in the paint. Idk if that's what you're referring to, but on the perimeter most reach ins are fouls.

It's true that the graphics haven't changed since 2k11, but with next gen coming out soon idk how much improvement you were expecting. As for the 3pt/midrange thing...it is possible for some players to be good at shooting 3s and not as good from mid. There are some players that basically only go for 3s and layups and completely ignore midrange and thus their midrange is not as good. But maybe I'm just making excuses :dunno:

No I'm talking about them running up at me and ripping it away. Half the passes that get deflected in the game the CPU isn't even looking at the ball and knows where to get it which always made me laugh. I find it hard to believe that if you gave Ray Allen a shot 15 feet from the basket and 25 feet from the basket that he'd be more likely to make the one that's 25 feet away :shrug: That brings me to another point actually, at one point when the game first came out Joakim Noah had a higher mid range shot than Ray Allen. Blake Griffin currently has a higher mid range than Ray Allen. I would say that's awful but that doesn't describe it well enough.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No I'm talking about them running up at me and ripping it away. Half the passes that get deflected in the game the CPU isn't even looking at the ball and knows where to get it which always made me laugh. I find it hard to believe that if you gave Ray Allen a shot 15 feet from the basket and 25 feet from the basket that he'd be more likely to make the one that's 25 feet away :shrug: That brings me to another point actually, at one point when the game first came out Joakim Noah had a higher mid range shot than Ray Allen. Blake Griffin currently has a higher mid range than Ray Allen. I would say that's awful but that doesn't describe it well enough.
Yeah the CPU does have an odd tendency to steal passes without looking. If you turn down their steal attempt slider a little bit it basically removes the problem unless you make a stupid pass though. Never gotten straight up stripped at the top of the key or anything like that though.

And for what it's worth, according to these stats Ray Allen actually does shoot better from 3 than he does from midrange: http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Ray%20Allen

Of course...Blake Griffin and Joakim Noah having higher midrange ratings than Ray Allen shouldn't happen. They definitely overrated Blake's midrange game (although when I play against him he never seems to make any). The ratings definitely aren't perfect, but you can change them if it really bothers you that much...

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

The current 2K engine(2008-2014) never gave me those issues. There is a learning curve with 2k, if you're coming from Live. But once you get it, all of it makes sense. 2K is way superior, and should be, considering they have some of the best game devs working on the 2K team. Even EA tried to steal some of them for Elite, and they all went back to 2K because the team synergy simply wasn't there(also why Elite never shipped, EAs best developers left them.)

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Yeah the CPU does have an odd tendency to steal passes without looking. If you turn down their steal attempt slider a little bit it basically removes the problem unless you make a stupid pass though. Never gotten straight up stripped at the top of the key or anything like that though.

And for what it's worth, according to these stats Ray Allen actually does shoot better from 3 than he does from midrange: http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Ray%20Allen

Of course...Blake Griffin and Joakim Noah having higher midrange ratings than Ray Allen shouldn't happen. They definitely overrated Blake's midrange game (although when I play against him he never seems to make any). The ratings definitely aren't perfect, but you can change them if it really bothers you that much...

I shouldn't have to change it, it's just obvious shit that any ordinary basketball fan would know. My brother watches here and there and if I told him I thought Blake Griffin could shoot better mid range he'd laugh his ass off. It's just common sense. I could probably write a book on what's wrong with the game but it's not necessary. I'm done with any 2k product and if I weren't such a big basketball fan to begin with I wouldn't have even touched the game. With Live coming out I don't have to deal with all of that. I just don't find the game fun at all and if you play online all it is are people abusing glitches or stupid shit that shouldn't even be in the game. If you all can deal with all of that and enjoy that gay shit then all the power to you.

As a side note to I'm not saying all of this out of hatred because I suck. I have played in tournaments and have won money and in the last 3 2k games combined I have only 9 online losses total as opposed to 178 wins. The game is just bad in every aspect.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
The current 2K engine(2008-2014) never gave me those issues. There is a learning curve with 2k, if you're coming from Live. But once you get it, all of it makes sense. 2K is way superior, and should be, considering they have some of the best game devs working on the 2K team. Even EA tried to steal some of them for Elite, and they all went back to 2K because the team synergy simply wasn't there(also why Elite never shipped, EAs best developers left them.)

Elite was a total mistake. I remember playing the demo and it was seriously the worst game I had ever played in my whole life. I had planned on buying 2k11 anyways. I didn't post this before but I have been playing 2k since 2k8 ( I played 2k8, 2k8, 2k10, 2k11 simultaneously with live). I have played for money and have won tournaments and my online record, excluding 2k8 because I sucked at that game because that was my first, speaks for itself. I barely lose at all and have played each series extensively both on and offline. Live is more actual basketball and doesn't require ****** shit like the Pump fake from the older 2ks or the "spin dunk" from the newer 2k games. You have to play basketball in order to win.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Elite was a total mistake. I remember playing the demo and it was seriously the worst game I had ever played in my whole life. I had planned on buying 2k11 anyways. I didn't post this before but I have been playing 2k since 2k8 ( I played 2k8, 2k8, 2k10, 2k11 simultaneously with live). I have played for money and have won tournaments and my online record, excluding 2k8 because I sucked at that game because that was my first, speaks for itself. I barely lose at all and have played each series extensively both on and offline. Live is more actual basketball and doesn't require ****** shit like the Pump fake from the older 2ks or the "spin dunk" from the newer 2k games. You have to play basketball in order to win.
Eh...I win against people who use all the exploits without using any exploits myself. I like the fact that you can do a spin dunk vs not being able to do one at all though. I've played Live exclusively for a long time before I finally got 2k11 and I immediately thought 2k was better and have continued to do so since.

Not like Live was completely exploit free either. I remember in Live 06 if you had an outside scorer (or whatever the heck that was called) and you did a certain layup move he would almost never miss and it was basically unblockable. I also remember that double teams were basically automatic turnovers.

I'd say making a game of that quality 2k makes is no easy task. I'm not sure what kind of priority they put on certain things like making spin dunks less OP, but I'm sure they have a good reason for it.

But to each his own I guess. :elephant:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
yeah i cant get hype for this game...i was ruined by next gen gameplay

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Andrew Bynum has 2 hot spots from the 3 point line....lol

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Is this one of them? :lol:

[video=youtube;-GEbgtvOfr8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GEbgtvOfr8[/video]

I actually thought of that play the moment I saw that he had hot spots lol and he has it in the right corner and right wing. Someone told me and I didn't believe them and when I went in and looked he actually did have them. That's 2k for you though, doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Dwight will probably have hot spots from 3 in 2k14.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
15s7abk.jpg

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Is this one of them? :lol:

[video=youtube;-GEbgtvOfr8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GEbgtvOfr8[/video]

To be fair, this was actually a decent shot choice, because the putback man had been in the process of establishing the dominant inside position with two defenders in too tight for a long rebound. The (other)problem, the putback man was Pau Gasoft.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I was wondering if it was just me but do the graphics look the same as they did back in like 2k10? I swear the graphics haven't changed since then. 2k14 looks the same graphics wise as 13.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I made my decision, not gonna buy a 2k dumbfuck game again!

Online it´s fucking unplayabull!

Can´t wait for Live 14!!!

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I made my decision, not gonna buy a 2k dumbfuck game again!

Online it´s fucking unplayabull!

Can´t wait for Live 14!!!

At least someone sees the light :bullbang:

I'm happy I can finally play a game where I don't consistently miss layups and dunks and I don't have to worry about not being able to make passes to someone 2 feet beside me.