Official NBA 2k14 Thread

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Well I had to bite the bullet and by 2k again, hopefully it runs smooth on next gen. I picked up a Live copy and saw on the back that there is no teamplay and it literally looks identical to live 10 :( I think I'm just done with EA products.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
I heard NBA Live sucks donkey balls, but I haven't played it. On the other hand, I heard NBA 2K14 on current and next gen look amazing and I'm hoping to pick it up for my Xbox One.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
When I got my One yesterday night/this morning, first game I decided to put in was 2k so I could screw around a bit and get a feel for the controller. I got in a quick play game and went with the Heat. At one point in the game I got pissed and said "what the fuck are you doing LeBron" and all of a sudden the whistle blew and I figured it was those random timeouts that the coach calls if you don't turn that off. Come to find out, I got hit with a Tech because of "foul language." I'm still stunned, this system is absolutely incredible.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure if it's because my player that I created has no handles or the fact that I haven't played 2k in a few years, but I can't get the right analog to do any dribble moves. Wasn't that implemented this year?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not sure if it's because my player that I created has no handles or the fact that I haven't played 2k in a few years, but I can't get the right analog to do any dribble moves. Wasn't that implemented this year?
Been there for a couple years I believe. Check your controller settings? Maybe somehow they got switched.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
was playing my 2k11 Bulls asso (its still 2k11 >>>>)...i got cheesed

game 7 versus Miami...the Heat could not miss....even mike miller was 10-10

but i stayed with them by having Ben Gordon hot...he hit 10 3's in the 3rd qtrs....but he couldn't throw a rock in the ocean in the 4th he was bricking bad even tho i had clean looks and green release (luckily drose turned it on)

anyway i go up 2 with 3 secs left and then the heat call a timeout...inbound to Carlos Arroyo and he hit a damn 40 footer to win the game lol

it was a good game because it was tough but that was total bs

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
My only real complaint about this game is the insane shooting percentage the other team makes. I bet my team defensive allows close to 60% of the shots from the other team.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
ever had a my player game where everything goes wrong?

started out i got 2 turnovers and 2 fouls in like the first 2-3 minutes of the game....sat out then came back in the 2nd for a few minutes and picked up my 3rd foul

not to mention the other team could not miss whatsoever

:pity:

ending up dropping like 50 points in 2 quarters to win the game :smug:

team was down about 16 points....every time i would get it down to 10 they would drain a 3....so satisfying when we finally got it down to 2 and i passed to my teammate for a open 3 and he hit it putting us up by 1

we ended up winning by 10

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
ever had a my player game where everything goes wrong?

started out i got 2 turnovers and 2 fouls in like the first 2-3 minutes of the game....sat out then came back in the 2nd for a few minutes and picked up my 3rd foul

not to mention the other team could not miss whatsoever

:pity:

ending up dropping like 50 points in 2 quarters to win the game :smug:

team was down about 16 points....every time i would get it down to 10 they would drain a 3....so satisfying when we finally got it down to 2 and i passed to my teammate for a open 3 and he hit it putting us up by 1

we ended up winning by 10
This is virtually every game of 2k against the HOF AI for me. :shrug:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Finally finished Lebron path to greatness mode a couple days ago. The story lines were pretty interesting. I liked how they pulled in John Trice, Ekon Okoye, and Demitris Drakos from the fantastic journey mode into the last game of the Heat dynasty...it was a good touch imo, especially having finished fantastic journey first. Last game from fanastic journey was also crazy...it was like playing a competitive all star game. Actually pretty challenging.

Still hate Lebron though...part of me died playing that mode, especially the ~4 times I had to beat the Bulls and other Bulls related records.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
This is virtually every game of 2k against the HOF AI for me. :shrug:

mine is on superstar or all-star cant remember

i tried HOF once and said nope

my style of play doesn't mesh well or something....i pretty much freelance and never call plays except for isolation

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
mine is on superstar or all-star cant remember

i tried HOF once and said nope

my style of play doesn't mesh well or something....i pretty much freelance and never call plays except for isolation
Yeah that will never work on HOF. AI is crazy good at picking off your passes so if you're just isoing and then trying to kick out to someone, that's likely to be a turnover. I run a lot of plays on HOF. If nothing else, it keeps my teammates spaced out decently enough that they're not helping the defense play 5 on 1. Of course, HOF AI is also a lot of hax, so sometimes there's really nothing you can do.