Game 1 Stanley Cup Finals Bruins at Blackhawks 6/12/13 7 PM CT

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Going to be a rough, physical series. They must stay focused and play like each game is an elimination game. Hawks in 7

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
You forgot where HawkPoster said he'd rather see guys from Johnny's icehouse on the powerplay than the current Blackhawks team.

Wait.....whut?

KANER!!!!!

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where is the respect for the Bruins?

They can't do this, they can't do that. Yet, two trips to the Finals in 3 years.

The amount of crap i've read on other sites, you'd swear they didn't belong.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

They can't do this, they can't do that. Yet, two trips to the Finals in 3 years.

Some fans don't want to give credit a team where credit is due. Personally, I have a ton of respect for the Bruins considering they traveled a similar path to the Cup as Chicago did.

Hopefully its a classic that results in the Blackhawks on top.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Can't wait for Game 1, going to be a great series. I will admit havent watched many Boston games this year, so I wont talk any shit about their team. I think we take this in 6

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dont know how many of you watched the Eastern playoffs. I didnt see them all but I saw quite a few of them. I did watch the whole Pitt-Boston series. Im not sure if it's just me but my eyes were telling me that the pace of the east games was considerably slower than most of the west games...particularly most of the games the Hawks were in. There were defintitely times were this wasnt always the case, but for the most part I thought the Hawk games played at much faster pace.

Did anyone else notice this or are my old eyes deceiving me?

KBIB

Liked Posts:

I don't think theres anybody saying the Bruins don't belong. They played great against the Pens because they shut down the two guys who make the Pens run. The Hawks have two great lines, and two good ones. The mis match is right there. Q needs to utilize his last change while on home ice and force the Bruins into double shifting Chara and Bergeron as much as possible. The Hawks are much faster of D then the Pens, and are a better passing team on the back end. Let them forecheck, like how great the vaunted forecheck of the Kings tried to do? Look at how far that got them. Kings were a bigger team and were flat in all their games but one.

Watch any game the Bruins played during the playoffs, they play such a dedicated man system that theres holes of ice open. Let them push the Hawks into the boards, that's what the Hawks want. So long as the Hawks keep with their possession game, the Bruins are gonna have a hard time getting out their zone. Clog up the neutral zone? Fine. The Hawks can play that game and against it too.

KANER!!!

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I dont know how many of you watched the Eastern playoffs. I didnt see them all but I saw quite a few of them. I did watch the whole Pitt-Boston series. Im not sure if it's just me but my eyes were telling me that the pace of the east games was considerably slower than most of the west games...particularly most of the games the Hawks were in. There were defintitely times were this wasnt always the case, but for the most part I thought the Hawk games played at much faster pace.

Did anyone else notice this or are my old eyes deceiving me?
The Bruins entire system is to slow down the pace so they can instill their fore check. PMD's feast on that type of system and every single defenseman on the Hawks can move the puck. You saw the Bruins dictate the Pens because only Letang could move the puck out his own zone and with speed. The Laffs skated circles around the Bruins and cased two on ones because of their speed, and the Hawks are a much faster team.

KANER!!!

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know they've gotten by, but Davey Boy needs to actually show up in this series.

Bruins are loaded down the middle.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
You forgot where HawkPoster said he'd rather see guys from Johnny's icehouse on the powerplay than the current Blackhawks team.

Once again you are a complete idiot. Not even close to what I said. Learn how to read. You have no idea what you are talking about in this forum as usual.

Hell, almost every guy at Johnny's knows how to run an umbrella powerplay, but it comes down to getting it done.

Let me know where that says I rather see the guys from Johnny's on the powerplay than the current Blackhawks team. All I said is that it isn't rocket science and showed that just about anyone who has laced up the skates (which isn't you) and played at any level knows how to run a pretty basic powerplay. Blackhawks players cannot execute on the powerplay even though they have a tremendous amount of skill.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
A few thoughts going into this series...

Big for the Blackhawks that Toews/Kane got going over the last 5 periods of play. Blackhawks need Saad and Stalberg to step up their game if they want to win 4 more - Saad is getting chances but needs to finish in the playoffs and Stalberg seems lost out there at most times. Bruins are a team that are not fleet of foot on the back end, so Stalberg could be some crucial depth.

Don't think people are giving Rask enough credit here. He is the real deal and is on a run much like Quick was last year.

Felt like the Bruins won their series at the end of the 1st period in the very first game. They completely had the Penguins playing undisciplined hockey and had them rattled. The Penguins were never able to recoup from that. Blackhawks will need to play disciplined hockey and must start capitalizing (or atleast keeping momentum) when the Bruins take penalties...and they should take penalties if the Blackhawks stay on their game and use their speed advantage.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Coming from the guy that was ready to send Kane packing in the offseason, this pleases me.

...and said that the Blackhawks would finish the regular season behind the Blues...and the Red Wings...and the Predators. He was close there.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Once again you are a complete idiot. Not even close to what I said. Learn how to read. You have no idea what you are talking about in this forum as usual.

Let me know where that says I rather see the guys from Johnny's on the powerplay than the current Blackhawks team. All I said is that it isn't rocket science and showed that just about anyone who has laced up the skates (which isn't you) and played at any level knows how to run a pretty basic powerplay. Blackhawks players cannot execute on the powerplay even though they have a tremendous amount of skill.

So you have to play hockey to post in the forum?

Got it asshole. Now post your pic so I can sustain my chubby.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
So you have to play hockey to post in the forum?

Got it asshole. Now post your pic so I can sustain my chubby.

Where did I say that you have to play hockey to post in the forum? Once again, you do not know how to read.

I simply pointed out that you haven't laced them up and you have no idea what you are talking about. On the flip side, plenty of people out there who haven't played but are fans of the game and actually know what they are talking about.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Where did I say that you have to play hockey to post in the forum? Once again, you do not know how to read.

I simply pointed out that you haven't laced them up and you have no idea what you are talking about. On the flip side, plenty of people out there who haven't played but are fans of the game and actually know what they are talking about.

Then what's the relevance of someone playing hockey or not? I've played ice hockey before. So am I smarter now that I said that?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
...and said that the Blackhawks would finish the regular season behind the Blues...and the Red Wings...and the Predators. He was close there.

Oh noes. Someone was wrong on a hockey message board. Better arrest Dews :X

I was wrong on a message board, someone should ban me :X

Status
Not open for further replies.